Scrog

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't been around in a while so I missed this one.
Clap clap
This deserve's a slow clap for sure. Nice job. Would love to see that thing under a 400watt. Pretty impressive with that diy light and all.

Thanks for the insightful thread. You've given me an idea to do a SCROG but more of an auditorium style (45 dgree angle) since my light is mounting at an 90 degree angle versus from above. I can then thread the row of 5 closer to the light on the bottom half of the screen while using the top half for the back row of 5.

See the pics in the thread below.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36054

I find scrog is a big hassle, I always have spider mites, with the netting(s) in place I found it harder to move/manipulate the plant.Altho I love the effect.
I simply drill 4 equally spaced holes around the top of my pot,tie a hemp twine around the top through each hole(tightly).Then tie a noose (with an xtra loop,so it will not tighten around the stem) from about 2/3 the way up the branch and tie that to the base string(I use a paperclip to pull the twine away from the pot).Do this evenly(alternate sides so the plant is evenly pulled down)from the bottom up and you'll see FATTER,FULLER buds, 4 sure.
I'm not knockin the SCROG technic,it just doesnt work well in my situation,I have access to my entire plant not to mention it makes it VERY easy to move them around.I do this for both soil and hydro(as long as you use a pot it'll work)http://www.marijuanapassion.com/Gallery/showphoto.php/photo/6613 http://www.marijuanapassion.com/Gallery/showphoto.php/photo/6621

I like this idea for my first grow, efficient with light and space.

I understand the SCROG concept and how hydro works but am still trying to grasp how all the components go together. Would anyone be kind enough to diagram a setup like this or point me in the direction of one?

Looks awesome BTW, reading about all these 28 ounce grows etc boggles my mind at this point, I can't imagine that much.

-Trippy

THG.... well I am DEFINITELY gonna try this some time.... those last pics look AWESOME!!!! Great grow... How many plants you got in there?

I have thought about doing this with a Haze plant. Maybe a Super Silver Haze. Topping and Fimming till it got rediculous hehehe.... Not being in a huge rush for a harvest, but vegging for as long as it takes to fill the area LOL heheheh.

The Hemp Goddess said:
There were 2 Satori in there. I actually didn't do any topping or fim. I just kept tucking the growing tips back under the screen, arranging them so the entire screen was filled. I only vegged about 5 weeks.

But what if you like tying girls up;)

it looks cool but I think you missed the boat when you crammed the plants under the screen. they are supposed to grow through the screen seamlessly not bent to **** and just happen to find their way through. wouldlike to see the finished product though

brookstown said:
it looks cool but I think you missed the boat when you crammed the plants under the screen. they are supposed to grow through the screen seamlessly not bent to **** and just happen to find their way through. wouldlike to see the finished product though

LOL--I think you do not understand exactly what a scrog is. That is the way it is supposed to be done. You train the growth under the screen to fill up all the space and then let the buds grow up through the screen.

I read it this morning,thought I would post something. But I just left it alone.......
I loved it Hemp...

if you think you can get 5 zips from 2 plants that size you must be new to this. that would mean she would be pulling 1 p from, what 7 plants that size? are you serious! I point I was making was that the net is set in place earlier and not just to get the primo tops on a level plane.

I mean I love her post and think the set up is wonderful. Just an opinion, It's your thread and I'm just reading along sorry.

brookstown said:
if you think you can get 5 zips from 2 plants that size you must be new to this. that would mean she would be pulling 1 p from, what 7 plants that size? are you serious! I point I was making was that the net is set in place earlier and not just to get the primo tops on a level plane.

ok your new so i will explain.
this was a 2 plant scrog of a plant that she has been using for years.it was also and this is important.
under a diy 300 watt hps light cool tube.
now if she did it under a 1000w she would have had better yeild.
she also wasnt able to do water changes easily so they had to get topped off.
so with both lites and unable to do perfect water changes it decreased the yeild.
so if you want do your own under a larger commercial lite and full water change outs every time.
post it with pics and we can copare yeilds

Latest posts

Back