Vape Pens Are Blowing Up!... Literally

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burnin1

Reaction score
From blogtown.portlandmercury.com

Vape Pens Are Blowing Up!... Literally

asian-female-vaping-marijuana-vape-pen_6372.jpg

Posted by Josh Jardine on Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 11:34 AM

A while back, a vaporizer company rep told me about vape pens that were randomly exploding. But she couldn't cite the where and when, so I wrote it off as an urban legend.

That was before I read a story this morning that woke me the **** up long before I even put any caffeine in my system. The THC Insider website reports that 29-year-old Colorado resident Cordero Caples was released after 10 days in the hospital for injuries he sustained when an e-cig battery blew up in his face. The explosion was powerful enough to have broken his neck, shattered his teeth, and left him with facial fractures and burns.

There have been 25 documented cases of such devices catching fire and exploding—albeit with results far less horrific than those of Cordero's, although the article does mention a woman who won a $2 million settlement after a battery exploded and burned her. Not every device mentioned is a cannabis pen, but the batteries for nicotine and cannabis cartridges are identical in many cases. And it's important to note that this is a very, very rare occurrence. The article suggests tempering concerns by investing in higher quality batteries, and to always use the charger for which they were intended. The use of a hockey mask while vaping has not been proposed... yet.

http://blogtown.portlandmercury.com/BlogtownPDX/archives/cannabis/

I can believe it.
I've seen people hit it like it was their last hit of crack. The battery be so hot it burn by touching it. Not smart enough to let it cool

I blowing mine up right now wit some Gold. Yehaaaaaaaaa

Actually, this says all I care to know about this: "And it's important to note that this is a very, very rare occurrence." People get way too concerned about things that are very very rare. I probably have a lot better chance of dying while going to the tobacco store to buy one than I do having the battery explode...especially if one uses them responsibly.

Latest posts

Back