Butane testing thread.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most global warming alarmists blame humanity. Ice core data tied to electromagnetic fluctuations of the solar EM field make more sense to me. I do agree we are on some sort of polar flip (possibly) cusp, but what that means to mankind probably isn't something we can control or speed up to any reasonable degree.

NorCalHal said:
Now, I'm with you on folks, including researchers, having hidden agenda's.
That was something I have not looked into at all in regards to the making of that flick.

Take a look at the Ice core data from the last 400,00 years, and you will see clearly that we are on a cusp, ready for a big fall in regards to CO2 levels and global temps. What this means is anyone's guess, as it has been over 100,000 years since the last fall in temps and CO2 levels.

BHO can be purified by simply heating it up slowly and releasing the butane, as far as the 'trace' impurities, I put it to you that even organic foods in some markets have worse things in their composition under the guise of "things that fall outside of the scope of organic regulations." The whole world isnt out to lie cheat and steal, but the organic push has raised a lot of mis information and outright preposterous claims by distributer and manufacturers of human goods.
NorCalHal said:
As far as BHO, toke it up my friend. I personally dislike it and prefer fat joints of my homegrown. Is it bad for you? Who is to say, as the process is very different from hash maker to hash maker.
I don't always smoke hash, but when I do, I prefer Cold Water.

The process is relatively the same, you put your product in a tube, run butane through a nozzle in the top and collect it out the bottom. Butane sinks compared to atmospheric gasses, and needs a relatively high concentration to hit its combustion/flame needs in terms of energy. I am a fan of cold water extraction but tbh screens with micron differentiation can be changed based on their stretch, age, and handling procedures. 72microns will rarely stay a 72 micron screen in most peoples operations.

Butane can be further extracted like people say on here with ISO or CO2 or running it under vacuum.

Activated charcoal can remove many impurities of many types of organic reactions.

Things with the similar polar/solubility complex as pure D9THC can be employed in purity to extract ONLY a small/select range of cannabanoids.

Peoples predilections to health, safety, and harm reduction keep a lot of people in ignorance. I'm not saying you're all WRONG about detrimental health effects of smoking BHO... When I've smoked a LOT of UNKEMPT or improperly purified BHO I've noticed it take a toll on my lungs and throat, but then again working 30 hour physical labor job on top of full time school has left my body and mind in worse agony with a longer repair to get back to baseline or health.

Every cell (nearly) is replaced entirely in 7 years. Anything that cannot typically becomes cancerous.

If you have damaged cells or systems that you have not mutated the base genetics, then your body will rebuild itself to health in an (insignificant) amount of time compared to the typical human lifespan.

Every method of smoking and appreciation of marijuana is something I am open to. From 80%+ "shatter," to very clean and amazingly aromatic bubble hash, to the teenage scavenge for lost buds in the trunk...

Dan K. Liberty said:
I think for me nothing is gonna beat the aesthetics and purity of

Subjective vs critical analytical methods are not the same. Aesthetics is reasonably a personal preference, and purity is something that can be tested in a lab.

BHO, ice hash, hexane/solvent pulls, will ALWAYS be more potent than the bud it started with, no matter how pretty or disgusting it looks (stock or end product), unless someone has absolutely NO idea what they are doing and mess up the extraction process.

I am no stranger to analytical methods, sir. In fact, I spent several years as a chemist, performing everything from simple wet chemical analyses to GCMS and ICP (Inductively-Coupled Plasma) refractometry.

Although I am clearly stating my personal preference from an aesthetic point of view, I am also applying reason and logic to my personal conclusion. No concentration technique can result in an end product that is more "pure" than it was beforehand. Also, one has to take into account the extra time, effort and cost in the concentration process. If it's worth it, then fine.

And potency is great . . . but I don't like fading after two hits. I just wanna sit here and puff on a freakin doob all day! :joint:

I guess its symantics when relating purity to potency etc. I respect your experience in analytical methods but I put it to you this: your personal prefference for wanting to hit the doob all day doesn't relate to the safety of any extracts.

For most "purity" is akin to "potency" at least in the retail market for these extracts. Many 'impurities' are also chlorophyll and other organic moleculesi n the bud itself. So running it into a concentration that also strips these impurities leaves the final product PURER and also with a higher concentration resulting in more POTENCY. I should be more careful with my terms.

Someone with this extensive of chemistry knowledge should be able to at least see the merit in that. I spent some time doing GCMS and a multitude of analytical techniques on compounds. I am no expert or pro in the field, but my rants are mostly relating to the safety and healthy hazards people perport about BHO/HEXANE/supercritical/ETC extractions and how it relates to both misinformation and ignorance not really to time/effort/etc.

For me its all love of the sport and the product that keeps me growing and experimenting with everything. Appreciation, the eye of the beholder, is only limited by ignorance. Knowledge brings more awareness, which brings more appreciation - even if its not accepted (such as appreciating the sheer will of Hitler while denouncing the fact that it was employed in completely embarrasing ways in regards to a healthy human condition - btw **** the nazi's).

effdecaf said:
Most global warming alarmists blame humanity. Ice core data tied to electromagnetic fluctuations of the solar EM field make more sense to me. I do agree we are on some sort of polar flip (possibly) cusp, but what that means to mankind probably isn't something we can control or speed up to any reasonable degree.

Climate scientists are 95% confident -- that is to say, surer than ever -- that humans are responsible for at least "half of the observed increase in global average surface temperatures since the 1950s."

This is the major headline from the report, as it marks a stark spike in confidence over the last 12 years, as scientists were 90% confident in 2007 and 66% confident in 2001 of the same conclusion.

An increase in carbon dioxide concentrations that is "unprecedented" in the last 20,000 years, along with increases in other emissions, have driven up average temperatures by about 0.6 degrees Celsius (1 degree Fahrenheit) since 1950, the report states.

Worst-case predictions are that by 2100, temperatures could increase by as much as 3.7 degrees Celsius (6.6 Fahrenheit), the report says.

yeah, and all those propellants spitting out your butane are contributing to the ozone hole!:joint:

facetious mode: on

I personally wouldn't mind a permanent spike in global warming, it gets chilly during the Winters :rolleyes: here....

:joint4:

facetious mode: off

we're damned if we do and we're damned if we don't. Money controls politics which controls the laws which control the people.

What are are you going to do, make wealth illegal?!? As long as there's humanoid's clinging to this spinning dirt ball, they're going to exploit what they can: be it people, laws, ethics, politics, or the World for that matter, nothing means nothing once a man gets a taste for true, mind-altering wealth.

What they use to call gold fever....

7greeneyes said:
a taste for true, mind-altering wealth.

What they use to call gold fever....

Ever try bitcoin mining? LOL

Seriously though, I like my 71-78 degree breeze w full sun, anything more or less is UNACCEPTABLE...

I think the concept of making wealth illegal & terrorizing our sense of world presence with pseudo-science, detract from the human condition.

Keep on rockin' in the free world man :lama:!!!

effdecaf said:
I think the concept of making wealth illegal & terrorizing our sense of world presence with pseudo-science, detract from the human condition.

Keep on rockin' in the free world man :lama:!!!

Absolutely not. No such thing as "human nature", it is all taught and learned from birth, not a pre determined condition.

Latest posts

Back