Should I be concerned?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grasshopper

Reaction score
I have a very tall sativa that is in its 5'th week of flowering and the small tiny buds towards the bottom are drying up. Should I be concerned about this? Or do they just do that. Im thinking maybe the plant is focusing all its energy to the large buds but I dont know.

Yes it is very hot and humid where i live. Southeastern United States. I had a spider mite problem before that looks similiar to the problem I am having with my plant, except there are no webs anywhere. This is only happening on the lower branches of the plant and seem to work their way up the buds.

Remove one or two of the small buds and inspect with a scope. You may still have mite problems. They don't take vacations.

I went out and bought a pocket microscope from radio shack and inspected a few of the buds. I did not see any webs or signs of spider mites. I also trimmed a bit of a healthy bud off as well to compare the two. I noticed on the healthy bud the trich's were crystal clear. And on the other bud the trich's had already turned amber. Also let me add that my plant is growing out of a canopy and only the upper most cola's are getting full sun while the lower branches are not exposed that well to light. Could it be that the buds on the bottom are maturing faster than the ones up top? Is that possible? Thank- You

PS: The pocket microscope from radio shack is awesome!
I can actually see the trich's perfect to identify. I highly recommend.

MJ usually matures from the top down, but who knows?

It turned out to be spider mites! After closer examination of some more buds i saw the webs. I would say they have destroyed about half the plants buds. My plant is a good 9 to 10 feet tall and they have eaten 6 feet worth! I cut off all the infected branches i could find and hung them up in my shed. Will the mites continue the damage while they are drying? And is there anything I can do to my plant during these final weeks to prevent the mites from doing any more harm? Thank you for everything friends.

Latest posts

Back