All My Worms Are Gone! *** Happen?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
soil said:
this is very true duck ..... he tried 10 times an you keep going , i think with the rude help you gave an the investigation you put on his worm farmer , he knows what he has now .... he admitted it an you apolagized. ....its over.

i dont know what kinda relationship you guys got , but 7 pages later its rediculas.

roddy i have watched how you been on this thread an it seems you know better an already knew that anything you post , duck is gonna attack.

i see you tryin but you know what hes responding with so its up to you to be the bigger man..... obviously.

duck , your acting like hes getting ripped off over the worm dirt ? hes getting very good dirt for cheap as f. if thats really worm dirt then you cant get a better deal on the planet.

duck you may be very good at this , you may be the best. but your dedication to get rid of roddy is very very childish , even if he is just as childish on other threads .... he hasnt been on this one.

the op just wants castings , thats all. an still noone has linked him/her to any deals , just keep tellin him to not get worm dirt. thats not gonna help.

rod , whats your questions that are still not answered ? i will try , then we can get back to info vs bickering.

duck i been seeing you around for years an have never seen you act like this ..... if you have that big of a prob with rod then just forget him.

were all in the same boat :icon_smile:

soil (no offense to ANYONE!)

THANKS Soil! I appreciate the help and will post those questions again!! And you're correct, I'll be the bigger man and ignore the foolishness again. Just hate when someone tries to shut me up, makes me wanna shout louder....sorry!

I wonder though, does this stuff supposedly stay toxic, or can it become useful with time...like maybe a month or two? Or doesn't that supposed food in the soil ever become safe to use?

I'm guessing it does, which is why I'm having such great results.

So...even if it is unfinished compost, it's still going to produce useful teas in the end...if one were worried about making tea? I wonder if, by dilute he could also mean mix well with other ingredients in an effort to make a supersoil?

And....

I'll add one more thing to this, I've read people in this very forum putting worms in their pots, these worms still alive after the harvest. I am willing to bet my hind teeth that the people that did this didn't add food, so the worms lived, but not on anyting in the soil that would harm the plant...right?

So, reasonable to say that worms could live in my soil long after the "toxic" contaminants are gone?

Roddy said:
I wonder though, does this stuff supposedly stay toxic, or can it become useful with time...like maybe a month or two? Or doesn't that supposed food in the soil ever become safe to use?

I'm guessing it does, which is why I'm having such great results.

what ? are we talkin the worm dirt or "tea" right now ?

Roddy said:
So...even if it is unfinished compost, it's still going to produce useful teas in the end...if one were worried about making tea? I wonder if, by dilute he could also mean mix well with other ingredients in an effort to make a supersoil?

if the unfinished compost is mixed with other soil an organic matter , then allowing it to "cook" will make the soil stable (an a supersoil in my opinion)

the unfinished compost is full of beneficials , but in some cases it can be full of pathogens an other toxins too. the adding an aerating of other ingredients will fix that an make the whole mix stable.

was that your question ?

Roddy said:
And....

I'll add one more thing to this, I've read people in this very forum putting worms in their pots, these worms still alive after the harvest. I am willing to bet my hind teeth that the people that did this didn't add food, so the worms lived, but not on anyting in the soil that would harm the plant...right?

So, reasonable to say that worms could live in my soil long after the "toxic" contaminants are gone?

well thats hard to answer cause everyones mix is different. worms need certain conditions to live in , an most growers pots are not those conditions.

with that said , the worms in your mix will eat that "toxic" stuff (why cant we cuss , this is difficult) an turn it into good dirt an beneficials. thats pretty much what the worms do .... eat good an bad microbes an **** out pure beauty. :D

if someones worms made it in the pot all the way till harvest then they had plenty of moisture an organic matter in the mix to keep them happy. any organic matter is food to them , so top dressing with stuff would help to keep them fed.

all in all , your average growers environment is not gonna keep worms around. they will leave or die (an turn into good food for the soil!)

i would say you have the ultimate organic growing environment if you got worms living happy with the plants. there are numerous things worms can do to help the soil an the roots.

i dont know if i answered any of your questions or not ? :stoned:

soil :fid:

This is perfect, it does answer my questions well, THANKS!!

I do allow my soil to cook, the stuff sits for quite awhile all mixed up, with the wd sitting much longer than that before being used. I wouldn't be surprised, then, to find none (worms) in the older bags, which I would suppose means it's fairly free of toxicity. I've still got some from the first load I bought! :)

THANKS again, soil!

Roddy said:
This is perfect, it does answer my questions well, THANKS!!

I do allow my soil to cook, the stuff sits for quite awhile all mixed up, with the wd sitting much longer than that before being used. I wouldn't be surprised, then, to find none (worms) in the older bags, which I would suppose means it's fairly free of toxicity. I've still got some from the first load I bought! :)

THANKS again, soil!

yes the free worms your gettin are still working on the WD, when you get it, plus its in a pile out front so it gets plenty of air, i wouldnt be scared to use the dirt as is , but of course since i cook my dirt , i might as well cook that too.

soil :D

Latest posts

Back