Growing outdoors in winter?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NEVERLEARN

BUBBALOCS
Reaction score
Well l started her back in early Nov. she is a clone off a nice plant that l had growing during the summer.l used plain cheap *** Kmart potting soil mixed with little bit of fox farms that a friend gave me.So its been getting chilly temps 60-45 during the day and 45-30 at night so Ive been bring her inside at night, my question is does she look healthy and how much longer do you guys think she has to go before shes done?

View attachment IMG_20141123_101906.jpg

View attachment IMG_20141126_104127.jpg

View attachment IMG_20141229_090201.jpg

View attachment IMG_20141229_092615.jpg

View attachment IMG_20141229_092624.jpg

View attachment IMG_20141229_092737.jpg

View attachment IMG_20141229_090251.jpg

Looks healthy enough to me. Nice colour to those leaves. Has some to go still imo. What colour are the triches?

i just love a good od winter grow and think she looks great---unfortunately she is unlikely to get any fatter w/out proper nutrition and a regular lighting schedule---daylight continues to to get longer each and everyday after the solstice and will likely cause this plant to re-veg if left od under control of ma nature---good news is you can continue to bring her id to finish---she will tell you when it's time to be harvested---if you miss the window you could strip the flowers and let her re-veg for next season---peace

Unfortunately she has a long way to go--I would guess 4 to 6 weeks. She has a definite sativa look to her and these take longer than indicas. If she has not been kept in 100% dark when you have been bringing her in at night (and I do mean 100% dark for 12 straight hours with absolutely no light interruptions), the flowering process has been interrupted and you risk getting a hermy. While I do not see the lengthening days being a problem yet, when daytime temps are that cold, she is not going to grow. At about 60 plants just quit growing and other not good things can happen. I would say that unless you can set up a good space indoors with proper light and environment, I would try again in the spring. The irregular light schedule would make me a bit nervous about revegging it and saving it. I am thinking it was probably bagseed? If so, start again in the spring with some good genetics. You can spend the winter learning about this great plant and using what you learned this go around to make the next plant great.

Thx everyboby for the advice,l plan on finishing her in my closet l have a couple of cheap cfl,s and some fluorescent tubes,she did come from some good bagseed that l,ve been saving,l will take some pics of my closet set up,l need more advice

it looks nice, still has a long way, you will get a smoke out of it, by bringing her inside you will need a proper growroom. I don't know but if it was me, and got my plant to this point, i would keep doing to her the same thing i had been doing and get something out of it, and just plan the next grow to be better. when you're taking her inside for the nigght, you need to put her in the dark, try covering her with polyethylene sheet in daytime, sort of like a mini greenhouse, she will be warm and happy. good luck

The problem as I see it Zem is that he still has so far to go and does not have a grow space set up. Bagseed flowered with an irregular flowering schedule would worry me. Few people have the money to spend after Christmas to set up a proper space. Even going really inexpensive, I do not see it happening for less than about $300.

Unfortunately, it is going to take more than a few CFLs and some fluoro tubes to finish her off. You need a space that you can illuminate with at least close to 5000 lumens per sq ft (and that is a chunk of CFLs), it has to be absolutely 100% dark at night for 12 straight hours (absolutely NO light, even for a few seconds), some kind of exhaust system is critical, and you might need a carbon filter for smell. This growing thing does take a lot...in other words there really is a reason that cannabis is expensive. If you hadn't been growing bagseed, if they had not been exposed to differing light schedules while they were flowering, if they were closer, I might advise different, but as it is, I am not sure that this is a plant that I would go to great lengths to finish, unless you believed that you want to grow indoors more than this once.

So, I guess the big question is: Do you have the money to set up a grow space now and are you willing to spend it on that? If so, I we can help you. I have recently set up a small (5 sq ft) space in a cabinet in my bedroom. With light (30.000 lumen T5), bathroom type exhaust fan, circulating fan, hardware, hangers, paint, etc, I am in about $250 now.

Light (I see there is only 1 left). It is a 2' 12 tube T5, 30,000 lumens: [ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PJ8B62Y/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

Fan (my space is 15 sq ft): [ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005BYAIKM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame] The fan will most likely not push through a filter, but if I find I need one, I will buy this: [ame]http://www.amazon.com/VenTech-Inline-Exhaust-blower-Scrubber/dp/B005GJ7TFE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1420044881&sr=8-1&keywords=4+fan+and+carbon+filter[/ame]

Good Luck whatever you decide!

Well l put together a poor man,s light set up in my closet,some cheap cfl,s and an old fishtank light and covered the walls with mylar.l,ve been giving her a 5-30-15 fert mix with lil bit of molasses and during a sunny day l,ll put outside for a few hours,and got a timer set to 9am-6pm lights on ,tried to keep the lighting schedule as close to outdoors as possilbe(she started flowering outdoors) she has a nice skunky smell to her and her buds have gotten a lil thicker, any advice or comments are welcome

View attachment 1420689351802.jpg

View attachment 1420394465917.jpg

View attachment 1420496923965.jpg

View attachment 1420496935723.jpg

any advice or comments are welcome

keep up the good care and begin executing now the plan for your next, better grow, as this will be harvested soon and it will not be enough for self sufficiency, and you already have the space and a bunch of lights that can veg/clone plants. IMO it is time to organize your assets in a useful way, buy only what you need, most importantly a good light source for flowering, like HPS light

Do not try and mimic the natural light outdoors, especially in winter as it is simply not enough light. The plant needs 12 hours of light and 12 hours of dark the same hours everyday. Varying from this WILL result in less bud and very possibly a hermy plant. Studies have shown that twice as much can be produced with a 12/12 light schedule than with a 10/14. Some plants will not flower if given less than 12 hours of dark a day. You probably still do not have enough light to really adequately veg--it just takes soooo many bulbs with CFLs, but this swill give you a taste of indoor growing and probably let you decide if you want to set up a proper space. Do you have any ventilation set up?

No ventilation,have a box fan in the closet ,temps get between 60-75 ,so should l set the timer to 12 /12? Will that cause a hermie? She looks all female no male flowers

You have ventilation to bring in fresh air, not just to regulate heat.

This morning l found chewed up leaves on my plant l loooked closer and found one of these little green catapliers eating one of my buds and pooped all over it(little black specks on the bud)!How can l get rid of them?I,m broke at the moment so is there anything that l could use around the house that would help?Aslo how she looking?Advice and comments are welcomed

View attachment IMG_20150111_170115.jpg

View attachment IMG_20150111_170642.jpg

View attachment IMG_20150111_170359.jpg

View attachment IMG_20150111_170922.jpg

View attachment IMG_20150111_170903.jpg

View attachment IMG_20150111_170009.jpg

View attachment IMG_20150112_110529.jpg

View attachment IMG_20150112_110435.jpg

View attachment IMG_20150112_110342.jpg

View attachment IMG_20150112_110322.jpg

spraying a soapy water solution would normally flush those sob's away---but is likely not a good idea here as the soapy taste will be carried into the harvest---best bet is to just take the time to inspect every inch of the plant and remove by hand---also look for any brown spots on the flowers themselves as these things also like to burrow---pick off any brown spots seen on the flowers

Latest posts

Back