123 lets teach hydro. Step by step pic totorial on how to grow hydro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmyjg6

Pimp Co.
Reaction score
Hi guys, i just wanted to show everyone my techniques for growing hydro. This is an easy/cheap way on growing hydro. So grab a few supplies and follow along.. If anyone has any questions just post them and i will try my best to answer them. Please don't be shy, your question could answer others...

So we are going to go in steps. If i miss something or don't explain it well just ask me and i will clear things up.

On every step i will have a list of supplies needed to finish that step.

OK we will start with germination.
Supplies
2 small dinner plates
2 paper towels
2 seeds "however many you plan on starting"
I will be using Dutch Passions Fem Strawberry Cough
If you live in the states and are looking for a good place to purchase seeds i would order threw Dr.Chronic
LINK
Tap water

OK so gather all of your supplies.
19.jpg

Now grab your paper towels and fold in half then in half again.
36.jpg

Now place them on the plates, thin run under the tap till soaked.
44.jpg

54.jpg

OK now throw your beans onto one plate, thin cover with the other paper towel and other plate.
63.jpg

7.jpg

82.JPG

Now throw on top of your refrigerator.
9.JPG

Now just wait. Check on them often and make sure that the paper towels don't dry out and don't fill with water. Just soaked/damped.

its about time we get a thread like this.you read my mind bro.im gonna request this to be a sticky.good lookin out bro

OK so once your seeds crack and they have a white tap root coming out of them, they are ready for there 1" Rockwool Homes.

Supplies
Your seeds from the previous step
1" rockwool for each seed
Distilled Water
PH Down
PH Meter
Container for you to dunk your cubes into.
Others supplies that just help
Dropper "for your PH down"
Wisc "Mixing made easy"

If you need a wed site to get ANYTHING IM USING HERE ARE A FEW GOOD ONES YOU CAN TRUST.
htg supply
horticulture source
So lets gather all of our supplies
111.JPG

OK so first we are going to be mixing the rockwool conditioner. We are going to pre soak our rockwool for 1 hr in PH 5.5 water becouse rockwool comes usually in a pretty high ph. So lets get it to 5.5. Take your time and have patience. Do it right.

So first lets check our ph of the water.
121.JPG

132.JPG

So its about 6.7 from tap, so i add a few drops of PH down till i get 5.5. Making sure to not pass it. This is where you learn patience.
141.JPG

151.JPG

Shake Shake Shake!!
161.JPG

Pour
171.JPG

Check, keep this process going till you hit 5.5PH
181.JPG

So once you've got 5.5PH pour into whatever your going to let your rockwool chill in thin submerge and forget for at least an hour. Some do for longer but for me this works just fine. Just label your jug 5.5PH and tuck away till next time. You will need this in around 2 weeks when you transplant.
191.JPG

OK so an hour passes by and i am betting your pretty stoned. O well, me to. So next we pull the rockwools out of the water and squeeze all of the water out.
20.JPG

Now you need to mix up a batch of 5.8PH water. So Just go back threw the steps with a new jug and get it to 5.8. Now pour into your container you will dunk your cubes into, thin dunk your cubes into the water. Let sit for a moment.

22-2.JPG

Thin gently squeze the run of the cube. Just a little gentle squeze.
231.JPG

Thin place thim into there new holmes for the next 2 weeks. I dont segest using humidity domes they are really not needed and couse stretch. I just used the plate that i germed in. Nowv grab a pen, your 2 dunked rockwool cubes and your seeds.
241.JPG

Get your pen and make a hole just big enogh to fit into just about 1/3rd the way down.
251.JPG

Thin scrape each seed to ontop of the rockwool cube. Make sure to be as gentle as posible.
261.JPG

Thin drop the seed into the hole with the white tap root facing down. And thin squeze the sides together to seal up. Make sure not light is getting in.
271.JPG

Now your olmost finished. Just throw under your veg lights. I use 2 2 bulb 4' florecent shop lights from walmart. They were only $8 a piece and worlk verry well. They dont come with lights but they are only $4 a pair. When your picking out the tubes get the ones with the highest lumen output.
28.JPG

Now your done with step 2.

so wait,hold up...your growin more strawberry cough? lol your gonna have enough to mail me a bag now then right (j/p...no transactions allowed on the forum) =) but i requested the sticky status from hick for ya.i already know your gonna have this thread lookin right.i'll bet your gonna get tired of takin and uploadin pics..but in here,a pic is worth a thousand words =)

OK so every morning you need to go check on your little seedlings and give thim a nice dunk in 5.8 PH water. You shouldent have to dunk moor than once a day but thats under cfl's just dont let the cube dry out. You want it to get dry but still damp, thats when you dunk. So first we will mix up our daily dipping water. Just 5.8PH water.

Supplies
1 gallon of water in jug or with jug
PH down
PH meter
Others supplies that just help
I have a bowl that can fit a lil over a gallon of water.
It comes in handy all the time.
Wisc "Shaky Shaky"
Dropper for PH down
Measuring cup "set your PH meter in for a moor stabalized reading"

29.JPG

So poor your gallon of water into a big bowl, and check the PH.
30.JPG

OK so its a little high. Nothin a few drops of PH down cant help.
312.JPG

Thin mixxy mixxy!
322.JPG

And i like to measure the PH with a little measuring cup. Becouse the ph fluctuates too much with the big bowl..
332.JPG

341.JPG

Once you hit 5.8PH thin poor back into the jug and label.
351.JPG

361.JPG

37.JPG

Now you have your dunking solution "5.8PH water"

Ok we just mixed up the water now heres the easy part.

Supplies
5.8PH water
Cubes
Small bowl

Gether your supplies
38.JPG

Now poor your water into your bowl.
39.JPG

Now dunk your cubes in. Just let thim sit for a min. Thin a gentle squeze and back on the plates and under the lights till tom.
40.JPG

411.JPG

421.JPG

431.JPG

441.JPG

lol...this is exactly why you deserve most valuable poster...everything explained down to a T..i love it. you got my vote for that mvp status bro-peace man

this is exactly how one of my friends back in the day did it.he had a huge female in flower...and he was still dunking.he even used a plate like your doin.
but then his plant got stolen from his ex room mates..some douche bags he was helpin out with a roof over their head and what do they do...move out,then go to his house while he's at work and gank his plant...i guess thats what he gets for helpin out some acid heads...dont think he'd do that ever again. but yea bro..everything looks good.whats on the game plan for these babies...you just gonna keep dippin em or are they gonna have their own system?lol so you have a strawberry cough in dirt and in rockwool..you think the potency will be any different growin em in the rockwool,as to the soil?

As soon as they sprout get them as close to a CFL as possible. Just dunk daily till its time to transplant "around 2 weeks" But if your not sure when just stay tuned and follow along and i will do daily picture updates... And if your wanting to go ahead and order the same nutrients that i am ordering i will make a list.

If you dont have much money just grab some Ionic Grow, Bloom, Boost. LINK
But if you have the money get the goodies i will list them in order of importance.
Silica Blast from Botnacare
Sugar Daddy From B/C

Thats it, make sure you have a PPM or EC meter also. Cant do hydro without them. Also grab 2 4" blocks per seed you plated. So if you have 2 seeds going like i do grab 4 4"x4"x4" rockwool cubes. Also try and pick up a roll of panda film or 6" rockwool covers... That should be it.. IDK, im high....

Well kinda with a few changes. Throw in ionic nutrients and liquid silicon. And make up my own feeding chart. Guess you'll just have to wait to see....

So your going to just repeat the last step for about 10-12 days or until the leaves start to turn a lighter shade of green. Don't rush this step, its important. If you follow along i will show you what to look for.

OK so the seeds cracked 2 days ago. And they have yet to sprout, but patiently waiting...
100_1102.JPG

Nothing yet so i just dunked thin placed back under my lights.
100_1105.JPG

Till next time folks! :lama::chillpill::bump::ccc::48:

Latest posts

Back