Mother Plant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FUM

Reaction score
Am I able to leave some lower branches on one of plants (outside in a greenhouse)to make her a "Mother" plant for next year? I realalize that I have to keep her from frezing this winter. But will a plant survie/indure through winter till next spring so that I able to keep the stock and start clones from "Mother Plant".

you should read up on revegging. ive never done it but basically its just cutting all the buds off of a plant and putting it back into 24/0 light and having it switch back to the vegative stage....i dont think it will work in a greenhouse though....i bet youll get some more input about it....hopefully someone knows a little more then me. good luck

Hello FUM :)

I have tried this a couple of times, the temps get too low and no growth happens plus powdery mildew or mould will attack her due to the damp weather.

Its easier to start with seed next year.

:peace:

You can certainly try it. If you have her under, say, a 150 HPS, then the lamp will provide enough heat to keep growth happening. However the greenhouse or at least the area around the plant needs to be kept at least at, say, 15C, and that's pushing your luck. I have done it myself without problems - but not with 100% success rate. I was only able to continue the line because I was revegging 3 moms at any one time. I did this for 3 years with a outdoor grow room, little better insulated than a greenhouse. Outside temps often went to 4C. You can put a thermostat in line with your intake fan so that if the outside temp goes too low the fan shuts down. Better a lack of CO2 for a while than a blast of freezing air!

FUM said:
Am I able to leave some lower branches on one of plants (outside in a greenhouse)to make her a "Mother" plant for next year? I realalize that I have to keep her from frezing this winter. But will a plant survie/indure through winter till next spring so that I able to keep the stock and start clones from "Mother Plant".

NO.. not under 'natural' light. It will not survive. It will not survive flowering for the next 5-6 months. You need to get it under 'at least' 18 hours daily, preferrably 24.

:yeahthat: have ya a closet? and MH?

OK...Again good info. I have a very good stash for to get me through winter mo.s. I have to thank all of you for your help and info that you've provided. I will think of you while I'm toking and grinning through winter mo.s. High Times,Peace out.

I will be experiencing with some "stunt" plants this winter. Just for something to do that may work out.

Hick said:
NO.. not under 'natural' light. It will not survive. It will not survive flowering for the next 5-6 months. You need to get it under 'at least' 18 hours daily, preferrably 24.

Hick's right, a natural photoperiod won't cut it, it will just keep trying to flower. He likes the 24, I prefer 18, but 18 is the minimum.

A cheap way to try it is: Get the brackets and 2x4s to make a sawhorse the height you want. Get the cheapest 4 tube shop light, or 2 2 tube ones to hang from the sawhorse. A cheap timer if you want 18/6, or just plug them up for 24.

Total cost is less than $75 with the timer and if it doesn't work, I use this same set up for my mothers and making clones.

DD

Thanks DD, Thats good info. I'm just going to kick back for winter mo.s. Bye some clones in the spring.
I just got turned on to a bunch of worms to start a worm bed. I liking this. Good brother, looking out. Them worm gotta big job to do this winter. HeeHeeHee. Gonna be lookin good next spring grow.

Latest posts

Back