THG Gets Her Hands Dirty-PartII

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N.E.wguy said:
which are the satori?, they all look perfect :D

The Satori are in the 2nd picture. The 3 in back and the on on left on the front row. The Blue Lights is in the 1 gal pot. The little ones are the God's OG kush. I didn't have a lot of luch with germing these, so I will probably pop the rest as I am getting some room in the veg closet. Maybe some more Nurse Larry and some Satori. I know that these are 2 strains that I am going to keep, so am toying with keeping some mothers in the tent.

LOL--they are not perfect by any means, but I am very happy with them.

thats what it comes down to it makes you happy :) people have no idea what they are missing by growing a plant you become so attached to hehehe

will ofc be following along good luck and green mojo for the grow

ps. I got 5 of my satori to sprout 5 were no shows for what ever reason i hope to get a mom and a dad :D

Hey goddess you check out my sludge in soil thread?
I googled the soil you use and read a bad thing about the Kellogg's company and what goes into it, I was hoping you would have commented on it by now ;)

I aerate my teas with 3 air stones coming out of a dual outlet air pump made for a for a 60 gallon tank. I like a lot of bubbles till it foams up really good, you will need a overspill tray underneath it. Just prior to feeding the tea I add 4 ounces of aem* to a gallon of tea.

*activated effective microorganisms

ShecallshimThor said:
Hey goddess you check out my sludge in soil thread?
I googled the soil you use and read a bad thing about the Kellogg's company and what goes into it, I was hoping you would have commented on it by now ;)

I have had great luck with their soil. I used it last year, too. I use it for my veggies, too. What did you hear about it? Can you link your source?

I made a thread but titled it poorly, "sludge in your soil"
But it should read "sludge found in Kellogg's brand soil"
In the post there is a dead link to an article from motherjones dot com
Apparently one of Kellogg's soils, Amend, is not approved for organic farming because it's made from municipal sewage sludge.

It is not unusual for companies that make fertilizers to make one utilizing sewage sludge. However, I use the Kellogg's patio Plus that is 100% organic and carries the OMRI seal. I don't condemn an entire manufacturer because I don't like one of their products. Besides, as a plumber, however nasty sewage sludge sounds, there are a whole lot of products that I deem a whole lot worse than sewage sludge.

When I googled Kellogg's patio Plus, all I could find were good reviews. Thanks for getting back to me. I guess though that I wouldn't be able to read it as it is a dead link?

The link works
I just said dead cuz it is not http it's prolly hxxp
Rule of no live link is why I worded this poorly

And I understand not judging them by one product but wanted to make all aware especially if someone uses said company

And it's not so much the sludge but the traces of prescription drugs found in it and other things some people just flush down toilet

The Hemp Goddess said:
Thanks Shortbus--there are so many acronyms now.

The one I use most is one Ozzy posted up.

5 gal water
5T Molasses
5T Epsom Salts
5T Blood Meal
5T Bone Meal
1 c Compost
2 c Worm Castings

Aerate for 48 hours and strain. Mix 50/50 for watering and 25/75 for foliar spray.

I think that I am going to make a 5 gal tea maker with a spout. I have looked at several commercial ones for ideas. I haven't made a lot of teas, how much aeration do I really need?
What is the molasses for?

The Hemp Goddess said:
Thanks Shortbus--there are so many acronyms now.

The one I use most is one Ozzy posted up.

5 gal water
5T Molasses
5T Epsom Salts
5T Blood Meal
5T Bone Meal
1 c Compost
2 c Worm Castings

Aerate for 48 hours and strain. Mix 50/50 for watering and 25/75 for foliar spray.

I think that I am going to make a 5 gal tea maker with a spout. I have looked at several commercial ones for ideas. I haven't made a lot of teas, how much aeration do I really need?

Hey I like this for my Veggy Garden.
Wish I could come over and share a bowl of Girlscout Cookies with ya THG. Got it yesterday

Johnny--Molasses feeds the microbes.

Weedhopper--I always make enough for my veggy garden, too. I brewed up a batch of something similar (think it was one of driftngs' recipes) with Big Bloom in it. I am going to give the rest of it to my veggies today.

so... are we all doomed to grow in soil when we get old? :rofl:

zem said:
so... are we all doomed to grow in soil when we get old? :rofl:

LOL--no. I am doing soil in the summer because I run my veggies organic with super soil and it is hard for me to keep the reservoirs cool enough in the summer. I think that I will always grow DWC if I am growing indoors.

I think that I will always grow DWC if I am growing indoors.

I'm doing DWC in Tent #2 THG :D Two flowering tents, two hydro methods. What's great about DWC is how you can almost "LEGO" everything in. You can do 2 buckets, you can do 6 buckets.. nothing is setup static, yet you're doing a full hydro solution. Quite nifty!

I'll watch be checking out your grows, as always. It will be interesting to see the difference between the 2 hydro methods.

The Hemp Goddess said:
I'll watch be checking out your grows, as always. It will be interesting to see the difference between the 2 hydro methods.

Cheers THG :aok:

Yeah, the other method is a hybrid ebb/flo with UC. Four 18 gal totes, with 9" net pots, and a 35 gal res (outside the tent)

It's a very static method, but still extremely effective. I will also be scroging this setup every single time. Only issue with this setup is you don't want less than 4 or more than 4.. you want just 4 stations going. With the DWC tent, I will have quite a bit of freedom.

:D

Latest posts

Back