acstrat1990 Growing and Learning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aint nothing wrong with DIY,,as long as its the right type of Light or light sealed box or whatever. Hell, I made all my own DWCs and grow rooms. I use Flat White Paint,, I hate Mylar or reflective films. THG has a DIY thread on building your HPS light from shop type HPS lights.

I myself am a newbie my first harvest is coming up my second batch was just put into flower two days back. I think you have come to the right forum for ideas/advice. These peeps donate their time and experience to answering our questions best they can (that's dedication to others) nothing more and nothing less. Imagine having a job where you do this every day come rain or shine and always on the clock? I'd like to think I could do this and hopefully one day I will but until that days comes I've got lots to learn:). The most important thing I've learned here is that no question is a stupid question and there are people willing to listen. And when things go south "who you gonna call lol." Just my take on the site and a hobby where frustration is normal.

Starting with known genetics will give you a leg up. I like Sour Diesel. I haven't grown it myself, but recently got some from a friend who has a friend who grows and quite liked it. It seems to be a nice middle of the road daytime smoke.

You are on your way to the start of a great adventure. I have done this for so long, I simply cannot imagine not having something going all the time. While cannabis may not be addictive, this growing thing can be.

Ok Sour D been germing for 24 hours nothing yet but i have a good feeling about it

I seriously hate this about this site. The guy just wants to grow something why crush his dreams. I'm sure he knows that if he drops $500-$1000 his crop would be better or if he bought good genetics. It's like anything you start small he isn't trying to win a cup just get the green thumb going if he likes it and finds it a good hobby then invest lots into it.

Acstrat1990. Do lots of reading and try out your bags seeds if it's something you enjoy then invest

Bro I couldn't agree more at times. Although the info is always helpful, I've found that a lot of people here like to bager others about knowledge (I am one of them at times..) I guess what it comes down to, is most growers here are very experienced and have very extensive amounts of knowledge, and with that comes personal preference big time!!! One thing about growers ive always learned, is they are all stubborn! I am always open minded, and will always take into consideration what others (possibly more experienced growers) say, however, will do my own research and compare to my own techniques and results before making a final decision. Most people (after a while) learn what works for them and in their opinion, theres no better way. Although most of the info emitted is fact, sometimes, some facts are better than others... regardless, getting off track here. I think when most growers here see a bad idea, or a headache down the road, they always make it very clear, and after years after years of these same people giving the same advice, it gets tiresome.. then ends up being a battle of knowledge to either be taken or ignored... I guess thats just how it goes :( Anyways, ive seen a lot of people growing from bagseed, I agree, would never waste the effort into it, due to random deformed genetics.. not to mention, you have no idea what strain it is lol. But if you just tryin to get a high and do a noob project, good luck to ya man! Just try not to take offense to some of the people here as we are only trying to help...

Starting with known genetics will give you a leg up. I like Sour Diesel. I haven't grown it myself, but recently got some from a friend who has a friend who grows and quite liked it. It seems to be a nice middle of the road daytime smoke.

You are on your way to the start of a great adventure. I have done this for so long, I simply cannot imagine not having something going all the time. While cannabis may not be addictive, this growing thing can be.

Well said! Every strain has its own set of genetics, and doing certain techniques or feeding certain nutrients could have great effects on one strain, but the complete opposite on the other. Knowing the strain gives you the ability to research it's phenotypes and find out what it really is, then from there utilize every bit of knowledge you can to completely maximize your growth of said strain. Also, you can know what type of growth patterns and issues that are known. (usually, not always). Also, buying seeds is one of the best ways to ensure your getting really good genetics. For example rather than a bag seed or a cripled seed from the batch, your getting a top of the line 10/10 seed. (depending on where you buy from) as opposed to random genetics and possibly turning into a hermie, or just simply producing horrible potency regardless of an awesome grow set up.. Genetics have a lot to do with your outcome. Hope this helps, good luck man!

1 Sour Diesel has split and has a tap root putting it in soil waiting on 1 more

Wow good read, had to chill and smoke a bowl half way though, hate to see it when peeps get kinkled up. I actually agree with all parties, if your not willing to hear every angle on a subject and then use your common sense and the wealth of differing views, then your not going to be successful at growing, each plant, each grow presents multitudes of points when you have to make crucial decisions, you need all the views to cover all the situations. Peace and greenest of mojo to your grow dude, I wish you luck, but if you have a problem or things just don't seem to go right....think about the advice you were given, most of us just want to save you from making the the same rookie mistakes we made.

Congrats! That is the first step. Two inches seems kind of tall--make sure they are not stretching too much. We love to see pictures if you can post some up.

Yes they are stretching a little too much but im running 12/12 fs. I will train it if i have to

Last edited:
Im running 12/12 from sprout because your plant will stat to flower as soon as it is mature most of the time 3 to 4 weeks till its mature
Have you not heard of this

it will grow faster and better 24/7, and why do you want it to flower so soon? this would yield a very very tiny amount thats not worth the effort or the wait

Latest posts

Back