Elements New Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stinkyelements

Reaction score
I have been waiting to get things going and make some decisions on lighting before I posted a journal of any sort and things are moving along so it's about time. After a little over a year break from growing I am in a new house and purchased new equipment and started a new grow. I downgraded but I'm ok with that it fits my current needs and circumstances better....for now. I'm working with a 3x3 tent, 4 inch 190cfm fan and filter. I have a 2ft 8 bulb t5 for veg that is nice but cheap and it runs very hot and I may be returning it. I finally decided to get a Mars II 900 Led instead of my typical Mh/HPS cooltube. Yea yea I know. I have never used led and a year ago I never would have but I'm giving it a try. So in the tent I have an OG Kush and a Blue Kush from dinafem about 30 some days from seed and an auto seeds Chemdog that is about 50 days from seed. I also started some Black dog from Humbolt but they were duds I'm a little disappointed. I was hoping the auto would be near done in a few days while the others vegged out but it didn't start to flower till about 2 weeks ago. They are currently under the led for a week now before that they were under the t5. I only have the veg spectrum on to acclimate them to the led, they seem to really like it so far but after 3 days under the led I have some serious calcium deficiency on the og, I expected that to happen just not so quick. I am hand watering using fox farm nutrients every other water. My plan was to do a scrog with the two plants, both are topped but the blue Kush didn't like it and what I think would have been a massive single cola is now two small tops haha and therefore changing my scrog plan. The og although being an OG that doesn't like being topped either adapted to it well and has the structure I was hoping for. I just need to get this cal mag issue fixed and we will be back on track. A lot of random info to try and catch things up. So happy to be here with all of you as quiet as I am, I am here, stoked to be doing what I love again and sharing with the MP family. I am a little rusty and even more so because I am doing things a bit differently but it's all goodness.

Hi Stinky, I just tasted some blue kush, it is an interesting sativa. Your led choice may be a very good one for the tent... I can't wait to watch.

just a little note about the 2 smaller colas or one big one, I have weighed both from clones, one topped one not, and they were very close to the same harvest weight. I think 2 grams difference... so sometimes more smaller colas are easier to manage than one big one. just an observation of mine.. Have fun with this grow.. I will be watching.

Woohoo! Glad you are back growing. I had the same experience with autos that you did. I hoped that they would kind of tide me over, but they just did almost nothing. I have a 700W Mars II and it runs pretty hot, so be prepared for that. I had the Mars and a 768W Apollo in a 19.5 sq ft space. While LEDs may be cooler than HPS, I didn't find them that much cooler. I still had to run a 450 cfm vortex fan to keep the space cool enough.

Some strains just do not take to topping like others. I'm with Rosebud though, I think ultimately, your yield will be about the same.

just subbed in, i to am taking a plunge so to speak with lighting, i just picked up an endomax CMH 315 i am going to use for the first time. Congrats on the led upgrade that is a nice setup

Hey guys and gals thanks for popping in and sharing your thoughts. I tried getting up some pics but it was only letting me upload one each post and then they were sideways which I corrected but it took some editing I have seen others with this issue what I did was rotated the pic and saved it upside down then rotated back to regular saved again and that corrects it. I don't know odd but worked. Anyway I didn't try to upload them again I went to sleep but I'll get them up.

Rosebud you mention the blue Kush as sativa as I would imagine but I believe the pheno I have is very indica dominate it wants to grow straight up single cola with no side branching and fat Indy leaves. The topped cola thing I have had it work both ways before I'm sure it depends on other factors I'm not too worried about it, it more just kinda throws my plan off a bit. Thank you for sharing your observation and popping in. Oh and yes I am hoping the 900 does well in that space I almost went with the 700 but I'm thinking the 900 should be nice def the better choice, we'll see when we flower hahaha

THG yes I am happy to be back thank you! And yes them darn autos, it's kinda just in the way now slowly flowering....As far as the LEDs I was hoping it ran a little cooler, and you did say that before. The heat is one reason I still have only the veg spectrum on also It's not incredibly hot or anything the unit does not get hot itself but under the panel you can feel it for sure. Right now temps are between 81-84 so not terrible but actually better than the t5 although that was much closer but only 4 bulbs on....I am interested to see how this thing does though, it's a new challenge

Gooch thank you I am interested in that cmh I will be looking out for your experience, they seem to do well let me know how you like it

Interesting--my T5s seem to run cooler than my LED, although I never did run them under identical circumstances.

I wouldn't worry about temps in the 81-85 degree range. It has always baffled me a bit that we try and keep our spaces in that range and yet, temps in the 90s outdoors seem just fine. I had over a week of 100+ temps the end of July with a high of 105 one of those days. While the plants (especially the real sativas) looked a bit wilty, everything has done just fine.

Looking forwardto seeing what do with the 900W Mars. Gooch, I will be watching your pscrog and new light, too. It is so fun to be in a legal place!

I just checked on leafly and it is a hybrid. I am glad, as I didn't think it was a very good sativa as far as energy.. It felt more like an indica, but the dispensary sold it as sativa..

Yes, i would let it go amber and get a heavy indica out of it.. Thanks for telling me that, it makes much more sense to be a hybrid.

Greenest of mojo for your grow.

THG I'm pretty sure it's just this t5, like I said it was cheap from Amazon nothing special, the aluminum casing gets hot to touch so what's that tell ya haha. I would like my temps a little lower still, I think it will be fine in that range but I aim to stay out of the 80's no big deal though it's a hot summer, thank you for the reassurance

Thank you Rose and glad I could clear that up for you there are a few variations of it though

That is a dark green plant you have there. Does she have too much N? What soil are you in? Sorry if you told us. I am organic and don't flush, but seems like you might want too.

Hmmm I noticed that as well but I have been feeding pretty light for the most part and it seems it has been that way since early on. I'm using a combo of peat and perlite with nearly no nutrients in it. There is no burn at all really although a few tips look to be pointing down a little but nothing I would have thought was anything serious

My apologies it only lets me post one at a time

Both plants are 50 some days from seed In 5 gal pots, I'll be flipping to flower in a another few days

in the future if you want to increase horizontal growth rather then verical, mic up kelp and fulvic acid at a 2/5 ration respectively, and use it as a foliar spray only once every 2 weeks though or elseyou could burn the plant

1st week of flower is done and everything is looking on track at canopy but the lowest fan leaves are yellowing and dying and working its way up the plant. It's only the lowest fan leaves. I noticed about 2 days into flower and thought maybe they are just using up nitrogen to stretch but I'm not so sure. I backed off grow nutes to half and then bumped it up again to 3/4 of what I was giving in veg. Everything else is on par so I'm stumped as to what it could be maybe nitrogen is being locked out from a ph swing that I missed ifont know. I'm just hoping I can correct it soon, any suggestions?

Latest posts

Back