Computer Problem Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i still remember my dad's pager number like it was yesterday. and later the bag phone...........
sorry i don't have any problems with my compootor, i guess i am lucky.

I am glad you dont have any problems my friend. Thats the last thing i want. I am here only if ya need me. I dont wish any computer problems on my friends,,,but ifen ya do have problems i am here.

Hopper D.D. came home from East Texas with a lap top and when she get's thru messing with it--- I'm pretty sure we gonna need some help !-- Do we have to add it on to our carrier or something ?--

I wouldnt. Just use your Wifi at home or hot spots ifen your out. No reason to pay a data plan unless you have too. I use my tablet at home on my Wifi and when i travel, ,my Hotels Wifi.

Nice WeedHopper...I too am a fellow nerd. I just built myself a new PC a couple of weeks ago. I went with the new Samsung 950 pro ssd that works with the new M.2 interface. I never thought it would be faster then a regular SSD..but it sure is. 5 sec boot time.
I am a gaming nerd and rebuilt for BF1. New GTX 1080 card for the vid...super nice.

New all in one CPU water cooler set up too...man...water cooling has sure come a long way.

Mostly gamers use water cooled systems because they are over clocking the hell out of the processor. Lol
Yes,,Samsungs SSD is very fast and has very good reviews. I havent built a Computer lately because for what i do, ,its just cheaper to buy built. But if i was going to build a bad *** Computer, ,,i would go to Frys and start picking up my Hardware. I have built several Computers. Use to build computers for my Sons school and my Accountant and others. The first was a pent111 933 i over clocked. That basterd ran for yrs. Funny as hell.
By the way,,,ppl think Ppl who know computers are these skinny guys with glasses,,,thats funny to me. Outlaws dont have to be MORONS. YEHAAAAAAAAAAA

Just a reminder guys and girls. Backup,Clone,or Image, your HD every chance ya get. If ya dont have time to Backup,,make sure you create a System Restore point while your computer is running good. Most importantly,, make sure you create a Recovery Disk just in case a Virus gets a hold of your HD and screws **** up..System restore points are very important now days because of Microsoft Updates can cause problems sometimes,,along with the fact that S**t happens. I have 2 HD,,one with my OS,,the other as a Backup with my OS and important files and Pics on it.
Anyway,,just saying.

Just a reminder guys and girls. Backup,Clone,or Image, your HD every chance ya get. If ya dont have time to Backup,,make sure you create a System Restore point while your computer is running good. Most importantly,, make sure you create a Recovery Disk just in case a Virus gets a hold of your HD and screws **** up..System restore points are very important now days because of Microsoft Updates can cause problems sometimes,,along with the fact that S**t happens. I have 2 HD,,one with my OS,,the other as a Backup with my OS and important files and Pics on it.
Anyway,,just saying.

I have about as much success with back-ups as I do with clones. I subscribe to that office 365 thing now with 3 networked PCs in here. I keep data on this thing they call onedrive and the onedrive folder is synced on each PC and the cloud. I figure I've stolen Microsoft software since the IBM PC clones so I figure I owe them. A monthly fee but sure is peace of mind I must say.

I thought 'restore point' was an automatic thing, I have to manually make those!??!

If you have it set to do restores points it will when you make changes. I personally set my own when im happy with how my machine is running. Clonning is easy with the right program. This is a good program,,,,,,http://www.acronis.com/en-us/articles/cloning-software/
Or they have some freeware,,but i dont like freeware because it has to much crap attached to it most the time,,,,thsts not saying they dont work,,because they do,,and will do the job. But i like using the best Software available when taking care of a Machine that has so much information,,so easily lost. Another words,,,like anything else in live,,,YA GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.
Here are some free ones,,,,,,,http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/five-apps/five-free-and-reliable-cloning-tools/
When you use the free ones,,just make sure when installing you uncheck the crap you dont want on your computer. They are sneaky, ,they have the **** preChecked. Lol

So WH, my avira virus support has blocked a bad something, but it has done it 30 times... What can I do?

Post details. What is it blocking and when? Email? Web Site?

Your antivirus app should have a log file and a link to view it. If it does, post that.

Hackerman, there are 132 that say the same thing, but i can't get it to copy and print..

We need to find out what its blocking. An AV will block anything that you dont allow. Somethings that are blocked are not bad,,,just not allowed by the AV without permission. If it is something bad thats keeps trying to get passed your AV,,we need to see your log to find out what it is. At least your AV is doing its job. Can you tell us what it says? Hackerman is correct,,it should have a log of what it has done. It will Quarantine things for you. Can you just give us one of the 132.

You want me to print all that stuff exactly? access to file c:/programdata\...\AVSCAN-20161130-154556-F915A6C5'containing the pattern of "HEUR/Suspar.Gen'was blocked. moved to quarantine.

that was TINY print...

I have never used this flavor of anti-virus but I took a quick look to see what's up.

On the left side of your anti-virus screen in the sidebar there is a link that says "Reports". Click that link and when the reports window opens, hit F4 and that will open the print dialog box. From there you should be able to print or save the report.

If it's real long, just save it and post it here as a file.

Thank you Hackerman.. the F4 button did nothing,is that me? Ok, i did that and all it says on the reports is"update was successful" 135 times.. At least it has stopped doing that I think.

I need to harvest my Blue Lemon Thai today but I'll check in between trimming.

Meanwhile, here is the manual. Browse through it and see if you can find something that makes sense regarding printing the reports.

First off, run a full scan. That way the report will be current. Then, try to print or save the report.

I'll check back in a few.

WH.. you familiar with this flavor of anti-virus?

View attachment man_avira_professional_security_en.pdf

No Little Brother,,,I have never used that one. Personally I use Windows Defender and Malwarebytes Pro,, keep a Clone ,And run scans periodically with Trend Micro.
I open no Emails or such on anything, ,,,,, but my Tablet.
I never use my Desk Top for such functions. Dont need to infect my Computer when I have a tablet. Nobody with a Laptop or Desktop that have a phone or Tablet, ,should ever use there Server or Computer to open anything.
I dont do Social media, ,but if i did,,i would NEVER use my Computer to do so if i had a Tablet or phone.

Rose i just got home from working in Little Rock. I will do some research on this as soon as I get a chance.

Read this Rose
https://malwaretips.com/blogs/gen-malware-heur-removal/
Gen.Malware.Heur is a specific detection used by Bitdefender Antivirus, Bitdefender Internet Security Suite and other antivirus products to indicate and detect a Potentially Unwanted Program.

A potentially unwanted application is a program that contains adware, installs toolbars or has other unclear objectives.
Gen.Malware.Heur got on your computer after you have installed a freeware software (video recording/streaming, download-managers or PDF creators) that had bundled into their installation this browser hijacker. This Potentially Unwanted Program is also bundled within the custom installer on many download sites (examples: CNET, Brothersoft or Softonic), so if you have downloaded a software from these websites, chances are that Gen.Malware.Heur was installed during the software setup process.

Gen.Malware.Heur is an adware program, that displays pop-up ads and advertisements on web pages that you visit. These advertisements will be shown as boxes containing various coupons that are available, as underlined keywords, pop-up ads or advertising banners.
These ads are aimed to promote the installation of additional questionable content including web browser toolbars, optimization utilities and other products, all so the Gen.Malware.Heur publisher can generate pay-per-click revenue.
When infected with Gen.Malware.Heur the common symptoms include:

You need to at least use this free version of Malwarebytes http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware-Free/3000-8022_4-10804572.html

Latest posts

Back