Home of the Old Fart's Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nick I don't think I could add anything !-- Except there are many ways to the Dank and none of them is the wrong way ! -- We all got to adapt our grow to our own circumstances !

Nick that veg and bloom light spectrum is what I was talking about wanting to build my own light boards for my Mars Hydro LEDs -- 300 watt light and U turn veg or bloom off --U got a 150 watt light !-- I run only the veg side in veg the blast them with both bloom and veg in bloom !-- It's not perfect but it's the best I can do for now !-- Ideally all 300 watts would be bloom spectrum or veg !-- I got a bunch of these Mars so I be recycling the frames drivers and such soon as I can make my own light boards or find another way to adapt tbe frames to those cobb leds or something !-- LEDs are the future but they not perfect yet !

I just got tired of paying for electricity that got turned into some light and lots of heat -- Then U pay more money for power to run an AC to cool it back down !-- Like the money pit !-- I'm not getting massive yields but I kinda like the quality !-- That frost ain't lying !-- So if it ain't broke don't fix it ?-- I can work with them !-- Aero ? -- Just simply copied that first aerocloner I bought on a larger scale and added water pharming nutes !--Ain't hard !

You gots that right about the power switches. I'm on my 4th grow in the setup now & I feel like I've finally began to nail it. Now I need to switch over to flood and drain and I'll really be having fun. :vap-Bong_smoker: I get a real charge out of finding what works and what don't. I noticed them green flies in my grow room today so I guess its time to start sweating the bugs.

I need to spread some them yellow sticky things around and see what kinda bugs be flying around !-- The bugs will come knocking sooner or later !-- Can't wish them away so I'll have to fight them and win !--

Evening OFC. My Grandma and Uncles, And My Favorite Aunt Rolled into town today. Had a Wonderful Family Dinner, Set my Uncle up with some Hippy grown. Time for Bed. Going to spend tomorrow with them. Catch ya all later.

The leds are better at quality bud but don't produce as much quantity and are color specific.

I run an F3 spectrum 460nm -720nm and I veg and flower under the same spectrum. In a 4x4 footprint I pull 1.5 -2 lb's easily...of quality bud. Thats 1.75 + grams per watt. I also grow that quality weight with less than 500w of actual draw and zero heat.

Just pointing out that LED's are changing very fast and the tech is simply going to eventually push HID lighting down to second tier. The LED's will eventually way out perform HID lighting and will be cheaper on the front and back end.

The tech was rushed to market in the hopes of making a buck and the products were not ready, so to make a product that did work, your looking at 1500 per fixture....not sustainable for the home grower. That also caused a lot of people to loose faith in LED very quickly, sadly some will never try the newer gen of products and will forever hold a misconception about LED's.

Morning O.F.C !-- Ugh !--
Kraven I'm pretty sure U right about LEDs-- I've seen big improvements in them since I got my first one about 3 years ago !-- It would have been nice if I could have learned how to use LEDs or run aero one thing at a time but No -- I just had to jump in !-- I'm just now feeling like I got a handle on understanding things a little better !
Kraven runs professional style LEDs-- I run off the shelf lights and don't even know what an f-2 spectrum is !-- I got a lot to learn before I step up to those kind of high dollar lights but maybe one day !
Where my pipe !

My only complaint about the Mars Hydro is the light board and the spectrum they produce !-- They compromised so U could veg and bloom under different spectrums !-- The compromise hurts the lights outcome !-- I want to use the whole 300 watts for veg or for bloom !-- I gotta build or buy new light boards
That are bloom or veg specific !-- Now Kraven throw a monkey wrench into that plan -- Veg and Bloom under an F-2 spectrum ? -- So now I gotta research and find out if my Mars Hydro can be adapted to an F-2 spectrum !-- Whatever da hell that means !-- One day I want that kind of weight with the quality I can get now !-- For now I just plug away in the trenches making my mistakes and learning !

Good morning everyone, I hope you all have an awesome day. I am fishing and canoeing today.

Kraven, You are right of course but $1500 per fixture? Gimme a break. Us poor old retirees can't afford lights like that. I have never stopped to calculate grams per watt but I don't grow to sell just for personal use and self gratification. I average about 4 -6 oz of bud per indica plant and anywhere from 4 - 12 oz per sativa plant, depending on the plant and of course how long I veg first...

I never figured out how to measure grams per watt because so many things figure into the final outcome, primarily time in veg. If you veg under 400 watts for 4 weeks you don't get nearly the yield as you would if you veg for 6 weeks under the same watts. Therefore how do you honestly measure grams per watt? A better measure would be pennies of power per gram but nobody does that.:vap-Bong_smoker:

I missed that day in math class Nick but that would be good to know !-- That would be what they call the bottom line !-- How much is it worth and how much did it cost to grow it !-- My Mars Hydro cost me about $150 ish -- So I could buy 10 for the cost of one of Kraven's lights !-- I stick with what I got ! -- They ain't perfect but neither am I !-- Plus sometimes I break sheet !-- I don't need to be breaking no $1,500 light !

One of my complete box -pump -light units-- which is about half a square yard/meter- cost me a little over $200 each !-- Call it $450 a square yard/meter ? --Add water nutes and power and U got an expandable grow system !

I got 12 of them grow box units --4 in veg feed 8 in bloom on a weekly rotation !-- This gonna work just fine for me-- for now !--

And, after all this time I am finding that our original White Widow is a great smoke. Of all the strains we have, the Widow is on my top 3 list! The other 2 came from Rose & Umbra.

Good morning all! nice to see you DD. Nice posts up there St Nick.

I got the garden planted without Bud's help, pretty proud of myself, pretty sore this morning. I put 6 in the ground and so far looks like 3 in pots,, Valentines haven't sexed yet. Burr 47 degrees here this morning... WHAT?

Got my nutes on line. Trying a new product, i will let you know how it works.

D.D. in da house !-- U go to bed now !-- I got your Widow ! -- I finally got that Bubba's Momma to bloom and she looks a lot like a girl to me !-- No hair yet but it's a good bet in my book !

Gonna get some seed wet later to a variety called "Bell Pepper " !-- See if it we grow well in aero !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back