nutrients/additives help?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Poet

Reaction score
I am, or I think I am, basically an organic gardener.
Using just Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil and Bio-thrive/veg and bloom.

My 400w ballast and bulb were recently replaced. The light is noticeable much brighter now, and I am sure the next crop will be better but... I see pictures of buds which are much bigger than mine.

I am wondering about nutrition. Specifically Epsom salts/Magnesium and black strap molasses/crude sugar. If each is necessary to the health of a plant isn't it and shouldn't it be in the bio-thrive fertilizer I use?

Hold on and I'll go look...

It's there! Magnesium and molasses are present in small amounts and I am sure the fertilizer people know more about fertilizer than I do. So I'll jut leave well enough alone.

Never mind...

The Poet...

You might want to get some good books on organics and take it up a notch--think about making super soil and feeding teas and such. The book "True Living Organics" is a great book on growing cannabis organically and is not too technical for us novices to understand.

Don't always assume that "the fertilizer people" know more. Their first priority is making money. In fact, I don't think that it is advised to use Bio-thrive alone without all the other additives that come in the GO box.

Hemp Goddess,

I am sorry to ask but I understood that I need additives as well as basic food,
but I'm unfamiliar with then term 'GO BOX'?
I must have missed something.

Thank you...

The Poet...

you need to feed the plant with all necessary minerals. Some fertilisers are complete and need no additives to them, but many times, plants show a deficiency in a certain mineral and not the others.

Sorry, General Hydroponics makes a line of organic nutrients they call General Organics (GO). The GO Box is a box they put together that has Bio-Thrive veg and bloom and a bunch of additives. I have always used the full line when using General Organics.

Hemp Goddess,

G.O. duh! General Organics.. got it!

I'll read up on the General Organics line of additives.
{Never knew they had any}

And I thought about my old bag of Espoma Garden tone...
It looks good but 'G.O.' would go better together.
Like I say the fertilizer people know more than I do.

Thank you...

The Poet...

Hemp Goddess,

Wow, you are right!
I was never told about the 'GO' box at the Hydro store.
There are 4-5 other nutrients BIG BUD for one and didn't I say I wanted bigger buds?
Thank you so much for doing the Hydro stores job for them and recommending the 'Go Box'.
Next check I get I'll go get one.

Thanks again...

The Poet...

Latest posts

Back