Opinion with my Compost Tea???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Henry@OCG

Reaction score
Hello - My compost tea consist of using a 5 gallon bucket, 2 cups of worm castings, 60ml of Earth Juice Bloom, 5 Tablespoons of Alaska Bloom (0-10-10)(fish emulsion) and 2 Tablespoons of blackstrap molasses. I have a air pump bubbling the mixture with a weight holding down the 'air stone'. Does this sound like a good mixture for FLOWERING plants??? I read that 12hrs should be sufficient for bubbling the mixture. Thank you.

That looks like a bloom food to me. I would go light on it, maybe a cup per gallon of water to start. Sounds good, well if your a plant it sounds good.

Sounds like a pretty potent fertilizer mix as opposed to a compost tea. You may want to consider using a 50/50 mix (tea/water) when applying.

I've thrown away the air stones and just weigh down the tubes. The smaller bubbles created by airstones actually hurt the fungi by breaking them apart.

Consider adding humic acids- they are always beneficial to teas. Kelp and rock powders will promote more fungal growth- molasses will help bacterial growth, though you need a more fungal dominant source in your mix.

12 hours should be fine for the mix your using. Good luck and happy growing.

Latest posts

Back