Soybean Meal YES!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wetdog

Old Droopy Dog
Reaction score
Finally located some soybean meal. Was down at my cousins dairy visiting my dad who is spending a couple of weeks there. Riding around with my cousin, I asked if there were any feed stores close and he said yes, and thanks for reminding him since there was stuff he needed also.

Long story short, I snagged a 50# bag for just under $16 and some jiffy pellets for $.10/ea. They make it close by, lot of soybean growing there, mostly for animal feed.

Works out really well, since my garlic is almost ready to harvest and I was doing a little trial for growing my own myco's and doing the mix especially for recycling.

I'm a happy camper!

Wet

:) 1tb per gal to start. I increased to 1.25, but that was because of some 10 weekers. Anything, 8 weeks, 1tb will keep them dark.

nouvellechef said:
:) 1tb per gal to start. I increased to 1.25, but that was because of some 10 weekers. Anything, 8 weeks, 1tb will keep them dark.

THANKS!!!!

I'm still about a month away from using it, but was planning on using about double what you suggested, like 1cup/cf, or 2tbl/gallon.

That would have been way too much.:doh:

Wet

"growing my own myco's" .....let me know a lil more bout that wet.

good to see ya around still ....hope all is well !!!!

soil

soil said:
"growing my own myco's" .....let me know a lil more bout that wet.

good to see ya around still ....hope all is well !!!!

soil

Hey soil. Good to see you back!

Had a nice long thread about growing the myco's that got lost in the crash.

I'll collect my thoughts and re post it. A time consuming thing, but one I was going to do anyway. Not the post, but the myco's. LOL

Wet

Wetdog said:
THANKS!!!!

I'm still about a month away from using it, but was planning on using about double what you suggested, like 1cup/cf, or 2tbl/gallon.

That would have been way too much.:doh:

Wet

Oh man. They would of struggled. At 1tb, a heavy feeder gets really dark. But that includes 1tb of alfalfa also, so..

nouvellechef said:
Hey Chef, I was over to Conway, and stopped in for some meal, hope it's this Soya!! 50LBS. $15.30 Thats one tablespoon per gallon of medium, along with the Alfalfa?? Would it be possible to get a direct link to your receipe?? What i'm doing now is all guess work, I didn't really measure nothing, just a handfull of this and a pinch of that!! Ya my girls look great, but I'm a wreck, did I guess right,I'm worrying big time over the mix I concoccted,I can't even remember half the stuff, It was so hot I melted my first buffered girl lol, I saved her though,anyway, then I took a bale of Stuber's special Blend, and mixed it 50/50 with the hot stuff,I ended up with 6, 18 gallon bins of mix, thats what I'm now growing in, I could never duplicate it!!!, So now every few waterings I'm giving this mix a little extra in the way of Bat ****, I can't believe I stuck my nose in the bag.WHOA dude it stinks, lol I'll be Flushing these girls well !! The solution I'm useing is 70% the recomended dose. I put it in shaker bottles the day before to break it down good.I also added some hendrikus humas to the mix also??? stuff from the farm you toured!! I always write stuff down on a calendar but it got lost, and i'm kinda lost. I've got a few girls, includeing the topsy turvy, in Whitney Farms potting soil. it's 6 bucks for 2 cubic feet, I think its a local company i never even looked. The girl is my C99, she's a bushy gal in a 12 gallon tub.

P1100132.JPG

P1100133.JPG

P1100086.JPG

Looks like my Conway bag too. Mine dont say Soya though. So IDK. But yes, 1tb per gal of medium. I will shoot some shots soon. I got a very full tent right now. Big girls that I ran this time in 70% hot mix. They did fine. Heading into week 3 flower.

Latest posts

Back