Dumme's Aquaponic Adventure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dumme

Reaction score
aq·ua·pon·ics
ˌäkwəˈpäniks,ˌak-/
noun
a system of aquaculture in which the waste produced by farmed fish or other aquatic animals supplies nutrients for plants grown generally hydroponically, which in turn purify the water.

Hello, I'm the Aquaponic Dumme. I signed up on this site a while back, but haven't posted much. Here's my garden..

View attachment room.jpg
Flower room 1

View attachment room1.jpg
6 × Cree 3590's

View attachment seedlings.jpg
Seedling and clone area in tank room.

View attachment Fish.jpg
Here a picture of my tank. It's very hard to get good photos of my fish. They're those orange blurs in the picture above.

View attachment 2016-12-29 01.47.55.jpg

View attachment 2016-12-29 01.48.42.jpg
More aqua-aero-soil hybrid prototype progression..

View attachment 2017-01-08 21.41.16.jpg
Under construction...

View attachment 2017-01-08 21.41.53.jpg
Clone, seedling, filter, and fish tank room...

View attachment 2017-01-08 21.42.32.jpg
Clone, seedling, filter, and fish tank room...

View attachment 20160619_231124.jpg
Aero chamber and roots..

View attachment 20160704_230514.jpg
Flowers in room 1...

View attachment 20161026_031302.jpg
What I used in my custom aqua-aero-soil smartpots, for the bottoms. Roots grow right threw it, but not soil.

View attachment 20161106_202338.jpg
Here's my bio-filter in action.

I'm confused again, I was expecting to see fish.

update: not sure how I missed those big orange things swimming in the water up there but I did.
I may not grow much of it but it's pretty good.

It's hard to make the fish sit still for the family photos, lol.

View attachment 2017-01-17 22.26.43.jpg
Train Wreck seedling sprouting

View attachment 2017-01-17 22.26.09.jpg

My new garden has 4×8×4 tank, and it's 60°f water, so the Shubunkins only come up occasionally. The Trout hide anytime I get close to the tank.
View attachment 2017-01-17 22.31.19.jpg

View attachment 2017-01-17 22.30.42.jpg
Here's a couple pictures of my Shubunkins when they were younger and in a smaller 150gal tank. If you wanna see my Trout, you'll have to check out some of my videos on youtube.

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8Ak6C0RXQU[/ame]

I use one large fish tank and pump the water to all the other rooms and filters using a 5100GPH pump. It's a beast.
I use two large filters, one is a bio-filter, the other is a swirl filter; both made DIY from 1000 liter IBC totes.
I also split the flow so it travels to the filters and the rooms seen in the pictures above.

My aero chambers are made from 24 inch road culvert, and are 10 feet long, with 5 plants in each row.

Cool. Never seen one till now.

Awesome stuff brosef. Thank you for sharing. I posted a video on this not to long ago.

Aqua Dumme, never seen he soil/hydroponic mix like you've got going on. Well done, plus I'm guessing at some point the fish get fried? :fly:

I use one large fish tank and pump the water to all the other rooms and filters using a 5100GPH pump. It's a beast.
I use two large filters, one is a bio-filter, the other is a swirl filter; both made DIY from 1000 liter IBC totes.
I also split the flow so it travels to the filters and the rooms seen in the pictures above.

My aero chambers are made from 24 inch road culvert, and are 10 feet long, with 5 plants in each row.

fascinating. the culvert part looks almost aeroponic but those aren't misters, they look like sprinkler heads
and I was imagining fish swimming amongnst the roots harhar
so you don't have to feed anybody? just maintain the water in the uh, rez, uh aquarium?

oops, youtube link up there has answers, wait, what? soil?

I don't think you can get much more organic than this:
[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=uT9aPMKR1xk[/ame]

Aqua Dumme, never seen he soil/hydroponic mix like you've got going on. Well done, plus I'm guessing at some point the fish get fried? :fly:
Yes, on the Trout, No on the Shubunkins

Very awesome man!! I've done one small veggie garden with aquaponics and it was a lot of fun but didnt really produce much, just getting my hands in it and trying it out. Would love to do something of this scale and actually with MJ. :clap:
:48:And welcome to the forum. you should start a journal for this!

Very awesome man!! I've done one small veggie garden with aquaponics and it was a lot of fun but didnt really produce much, just getting my hands in it and trying it out. Would love to do something of this scale and actually with MJ. :clap:
:48:And welcome to the forum. you should start a journal for this!

Im too unorganized in my documentation to start a journal. I like just posting the important stuff, and letting people pick and choose the things that they like.

Woah paying mantis.... That's a cool idea. .... wish I'dve thought of it....

Nice man, thanks for that.

Wish there were paying mantids too though, :p

Latest posts

Back