how to make seeds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You mean you want to roast some seeds?

I melt a pat of butter. Put the seeds in a bowl, add the butter and stir. Some people season the seeds and mix. I prefer to lay the seeds in a single layer on a cookie sheet, then sprinkle generously with season salt and regular salt. Bake at 350 until golden brown, about 30mins.

It's not even that simple. I will use the previous example.

"If you have a red flower and a white flower[/color] and you cross-bred them. You have 3 possible outcomes. Take the famous flower coloring as an example. "

There are many more genetic color traits possible than three, unless you have purebred flowers. So an advisement----look for seeds where there is no variation in plant types. Some breeders will tell you they inbred a strain until they have only the traits they desire in all seedlings. This means the plant is "pure". Or simply use "landraces" like Afghan or Moroccan, for example. These have been selectively bred by mother nature and work great for breeding projects. Look at the Vanilla Kush.....a simple Afghan and Kashmire cross, I believe and it's a Cannabis Cup winner.... Most of Greenhouse Seeds are created many strains through a process of selecting killer land races to breed with.

I think breeding is cake, but I have a mathematical mind and can see abstractions hard to explain other than by creating layers upon layers of back crosses using different finished products with the same genetics, although the finished products be totally different from one another.

For example: Deadhead OG x Chem Valley Kush

Deadhead OG ---SFV OG Kush x Skunk VA
Chem Valley Kush---SFV OG Kush x chemdog 4

Both strains have the same SFV OG Kush in their crosses. Crossing these two would in theory back cross the SFVOGKush and give a handful variations of chemdog in the cross

So yes breeding can be very complex, but it can be simple too.....just like anything else. It's what you make of it.

vhd777 said:
Its not as simple as you think!

You need to have an understanding of genetics. Just as a basic guide line, I will refer to the Basics of Biology.

You have 3 possible outcomes. Take the famous flower colouring as an example.

If you have a red flower and a white flower[/color] and you cross-bred them.

You have three possible outcomes.

1) Red off springs
2) White off springs
3) Pink off springs

Obviously in the first two outcomes, one of the plants is known as the dormant plant, transmitting all its genetic code to the other plant.

What you want is the third outcome, where both genes have been mixed. However, the degree could also vary, Dark Pink, Light Pink, depending on how much genetic makeup has been taken from each of the plants.

Another challenge you will face is being able to determine a successful cross-breed, with the flowers its easy as identifying the colour code, with a cannabis plant you really need to know your two different strains and determine the outcome from your experience, or invest in $1000 of dollars to purchase your own lab equipments.

The mixing of genes depends on many factors, but in the end of the day, it depends mostly on the unique genes codding of each seed or plant.

From the batch of seeds you create, mostly they will have one make up, but some differences can appear, so from 100 seeds, you may get 5 red 5 pink and 90 white.

The first cross you make will be referred as F1, second cross F2, third cross F3 and so on.

The only way to perfect it is through experimentation and it wont take anywhere less than 5 Years for you to just be able to get the grasps of it, unless you have expert advise from someone who is experienced and can tell you all the info you need to know.

So it IS NOT SIMPLE and yes, for a newbie to believe they can successfully cross pollinate two strains and create their own strain which can hold up from the first try is far fetched.

thats the problem we are see today with so many strains. PPL are thinking they are breeding when they are just chunkin pollen. To be a True Breeder it takes yrs to get your first strain locked down to a point where the seeds are consistance without a bunch of phenos showing up in every pack of seeds.

I personally don't much care as long as the cross gets me good and high.:D And its not prone to Hermi of course.;) Besides, pollen chunkin is fun. Ask TCVG.

WeedHopper said:
I personally don't much care as long as the cross gets me good and high.:D And its not prone to Hermi of course.;) Besides, pollen chunkin is fun. Ask TCVG.
SURE it is!!... but 'that' is how it should be taken too.... as "fun"
but... Taking dj's blueberry and bro grimms c99 and crossing/chucking, then calling it or soliciting the f1 hybrid as "Weedhoppers Wonder" is not appropriate.."IMHO"
and I am NOT pointing fingers, trying to discourage or berate anyone or their practices. In your own little world, you can call it anything that you please, but to be fair and honest w/ the outside world, "IMO" a cross should be worked many times and to some degree stabilized, before you put 'your' moniker on it and claim credit.

Skunk and bear breedin makes for good camp security long as yual train them right ifin not yual got big problem on yur hands. Be safe the trails yual walk my friends. Enjoy the scenery as yu travel.

BWD

Weedhoppers Wonders,,thats funny as hell. is it on the market yet.:D

WeedHopper said:

Nope only be doin the one cause ifin yual can imagin what bear shat be smellin like on its own be lot worse yual be stick the stink off a skunk in there! Be having to stoop and scoop more then most need be knowin. Thick and sticks hard to yur boots ifin yual not watchin were yu step lol.
It be all in fun. Thanks fur the laugh.

BWD

Hick said:
SURE it is!!... but 'that' is how it should be taken too.... as "fun"
but... Taking dj's blueberry and bro grimms c99 and crossing/chucking, then calling it or soliciting the f1 hybrid as "Weedhoppers Wonder" is not appropriate.."IMHO"
and I am NOT pointing fingers, trying to discourage or berate anyone or their practices. In your own little world, you can call it anything that you please, but to be fair and honest w/ the outside world, "IMO" a cross should be worked many times and to some degree stabilized, before you put 'your' moniker on it and claim credit.

took the words out of my mouth, im directing it to a new memebr, i wont name names, but its actualy what he/she is doing. and actually wanting to sell them to people as his own stuff. even naming the parents i feel its stealing poeples hard work with simple crosses/ f1s being called new strains.

ozzydiodude said:
thats the problem we are see today with so many strains. PPL are thinking they are breeding when they are just chunkin pollen. To be a True Breeder it takes yrs to get your first strain locked down to a point where the seeds are consistance without a bunch of phenos showing up in every pack of seeds.
took me 2 1/2 years pretty much of constant perpual grows to get my Mango/Skunk down to 1 & 2 phenos. lots of dead males ill tell you that, even females had to be excluded. was only breeding a select pheno, took many plants to find them, multiple times. cloning helps.

WeedHopper said:
I've 'heard'.. it is, but you need to search for that "keeper" pheno'... "lookk for the one that doesn't hermie"...:rofl: ;)

puffin'.. it is also misleading at best. As you probably know, your f1 hybred will usually appear relatively stable. Subsequent generations.... not so much..:hubba:

Latest posts

Back