light movers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godtea

Reaction score
There are 50,000 Lumens given off by a 400w hps
with a stationary lamp you can cover aprx. 9 sq'.
I have a 4' light mover . Is this going to increase the effectiveness ,and hence the sq' coverage (ie. more sq'/lumen ) or will the ladies suffer due to light depravation?

Not light deprivation. Think of it differently...more like clouds in the sky. Very sunny then not, but still very bright. Plants don't respond that quickly to the light mover, and the light mover doesn't move that quickly. flowering may take a little longer than you are used to. By like a week or two. But that is about all.

so the bottom line is more sq'age with a mover?
I'm still Fred Flintstone in a george jetson universe

I use 2 light movers on 6 ft tracks for 4 1k lights. They work excellent for me.
i can cover the area of 6 lights with only 4. i dont see any difference in plant growth versus not using them. Actually there is increased growth since the light is spread from side to top then to other side. I am a firm believer in light movers. Only problem I could possibly see is if they ever had a problem and stopped working. but I have used mine for 2 rounds now with no problems. I also check my room once a day. Happy Growing!

movers are a great thing!!! ever notice that buds are frostier on one side???

I just went to look at light movers...funny. i didn't purchase anything today but they explained my options and some advantages. Most of them are obvious, but one I didn't think of is you know longer need to rotate plants so all sides get equal light. Cool stuff, and cheaper than I thought but I wann do some more research.

I don't wanna hijack your thread but I have 2 quick related questions. I have been told that they make light movers for 2 lights at a time, does anyone know if they make light movers that can handle 2+ lights? And secondly has anyone ever done a DIY lightmover? If so could you explain it a bit.

Thanks

Yes they make2+ movers, but they are not linear...they are rotational They can handle 4 lights. I built one before they were ever commerically available 25 years ago. I used a garage door opener, with a variac ( device to adjust voltage to the motor ) to slow it down. Used a bicycle sprocket for the chain assembly. For the track I used a metal "C" channel. It was loud and bulky, but it worked quite well.

ok so if I understand you the lights just rotate...hmmm. I was thinking of a garage door but I'm not really that handy. Good to see that it can be done though. Sorry for the hijack, but I figured it was related. Thanks

my light mover operate 2 lights each. how it works is, you have the light mover(motor) which a light hangs from, then u can purchase the "add a light kit" which comes with a trolley and a bar that connects to the main motor mover. so your light run in line with each other. []-----[] like this little diag. all powered by one motor, hope this helps

Latest posts

Back