Got done curing, bud still burns alil fast?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Getmelifted

Reaction score
It tastes great, makes me cough a lung up. Gets me ripped off only 1 hit :hubba:

But it burns up alil quicker than what Im used to when buying it from the club or a buddy :confused:

Seems pretty dry for only being in the closet for 5 days. Im pretty sure my dad under watered it and thats why we harvested early because the plants were looking dried up to begin with.

Any pics?? 5 days in the closet is just the first step in my cure...

sounds like you need to jar em buddy...get em nice and cured. they regain a bit of moisture in the jar just burp it everyday for a while...

I heard of an old trick, a old guy once told me that if you put a slice of a potato in the jar, the buds will pull the moisture from it....... (tried it, it works)

I cure for a month, minimum. I don't even take a taste until the month has gone by.

Do I understand that you only cured it for 5 days or is that the drying time?

Did you cure it or just dry it?

on your next grow use molasses at the end of your grow this will make your bud dense and burn slower

sir.stackhouse said:
on your next grow use molasses at the end of your grow this will make your bud dense and burn slower
I've heard that strawberry Jam works better that molasses. It'll make the buds purple and double the thc, but only if you flush with it every hour on the hour. I dropped a bagel with strawberry jam on it in my reservoir one time and the buds doubled in size over night! It was awesome! The walls of the grow room actually buckled out from the pressure of the new buds. I threw my molasses away and started using strawberry jam from that moment on.

Hahahah. Really, where are all of these rumors coming from? It seems like there is a ton of hearsay being tossed around these days, eh stoney?

DLtoker said:
Hahahah. Really, where are all of these rumors coming from? It seems like there is a ton of hearsay being tossed around these days, eh stoney?
What! No, really, I knew a guy who knew the sister of a lady who lived next door to a guy whose uncle's sisters cousin used strawberry jam on every crop! He had to use a wheelbarrow just to move a single bud across the room. He got a full gallon of iso oil from each bud and it tasted just like strawberry jam! He told me so!

(Just pulling your chain, sir.stackhouse. As far as I'm aware of, no one has shown a bit of repeatable proof that molasses does a thing for anything other than increasing microbial activity in soil. The carbs in it *may* get taken up by the plant, but again, there is no testing that proves it does or doesn't.

Just a very popular myth, like flushing for taste.)

StoneyBud said:
What! No, really, I knew a guy who knew the sister of a lady who lived next door to a guy whose uncle's sisters cousin used strawberry jam on every crop! He had to use a wheelbarrow just to move a single bud across the room. He got a full gallon of iso oil from each bud and it tasted just like strawberry jam! He told me so!

Why that was uncle Henry.

sir.stackhouse said:

Someone needs to read on it some more :confused:
Search mollassas threads with a min. of 50 posts. it'll clear it up for ya :p

I had the plant hanging in a dark closet for 5 days the buds felt very dry to me so I put them in a container, not sure if it was air tight or not but it sealed nicely.

I burped it twice a day and the buds got moist compared to what they were. Should I have left it hanging on the plant for more than 5 days?

Also how important is it to flush the nutes I had been giving the plants before harvest?

you dont need to flush but only give str8 water the last 10-14 days.

jmo

Latest posts

Back