DO NOT smoke moldy weed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
damn dude wish i read this earlier. i've been battling a lung issue with my dr. for 3-4 months now (even quit smoking tobacco 2 months ago because of it and if you smoke cigs you know thats dire!) anyway i remember it wasn't too long after a "musky" smelling bag but thought to myself it couldn't be since the flame would kill it and everything looked okay. 20/20 hindsight your right, air particles not in the flame path would still pick up spores on the way down the pipe or even worse I'm a joint kinda guy so all the air is filtering through unsmoked herb. and water pipes only filter 15%?!?!?! i see the dr. again next week (more bloodwork/x-rays) and i'll tell him i was dealing with hay bails at the farm or something see if that helps him with a diagnosis. antibiotics seemed to work but still not 100% and i don't even smoke cigs any more. and yep, i'm back to the good stuff so guess i need to do better to make it last this time so i can keep the qc process in house ;-) i think i do a better job than "my backup guy" does that's for sure!

Considering it's your life, why not tell him you think you smoked some moldy weed? I can't think of any reason to short change him on diagnostic information. Different molds grow on different plants.

Antibiotics aren't usually effective for molds/fungi. They may treat it with something like Diflucan or Trican. Both of those are brand names for fluconazole.

never really thought of it until i read this post, things have gotten better, but not 100%. i see him in a week or so and will probably rely on doctor patient confidentiality on this matter, with a request of no note in my file. only because your ins. company can look at it as a course of business and in some instances could cause some problems.

Wow man this post made a real difference on where I get my weed man

HydroManiac said:
Wow man this post made a real difference on where I get my weed man
Yeah, I get mine from my back yard.:D
Ever since we started talking about this, I've worried about my recently cured weed. I opened a couple of jars today to give it a sniff. It's dry enough though, smelled good.

lucky you told me this,my mate is selling weed that is moldy and it has the black chunks you said. We been just smoking it anyway,no way in hell am i going to let any of my mates buy or smoke this anymore.
thanks

DANG!!dats some scary stuff. i hope i cure my stuff prop..wit all that bacteria n fungi info it makes u think twice about halfassin it..and curein at all.

HOLY SNYKEE.......do you realize how many times ive burnt some dank tastin stuff that i was pretty sure was moldy...didnt much care after a few hits but dang...thats some scary stuff...good info for sure especially with my first cure right around the corner....i will be extra carefull....Thankyou so much for diggin this info up for us...all the more reason to be happy that im my own supplier now... :holysheep:

I had white fuzzy mold on the biggest thick buds in my grow while they were almost ready to harvest. Can I just cut away the moldy part and save the rest of the cola? Is there any way to fumigate the grow room so it won't be there for the next crop?

I also said to rinse the moldy bud in iso and let the iso evaporate and you are left with thc. How long you soak it determines the quality of the oil sdog

smoking moldy pot has put you in the hospital several times??????

blondeboy said:
Mold is a killer if smoked, without a doubt! I fear mold so much, I've been know to throw away a whole branch of weed with only detecting small amounts of mold. That is how precautions you must be because what can cure you, can easily kill you as well. Smoking moldy sh*t has put me in the hospital several times! I was hoping to hear some remedies of protecting mold from developing on my pot during storage. Here are some advice that I've learned in protecting pot from mold while storage long-term (5-6 mos). Remove all weed from steams and seeds because this is usual where mold first appears and spreads throughout. Grind the weed into fine particles, fine enough to be smokable. Afterwards, extra-Dry them on a screen but not too flaky dry! Store them in an airtight container in the bottom of your refrigerator.

Anyone who does read this should also follow this link http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55316 To get the full information on this post. Read all the posts.

Tks Jericho for adding my link, I'm yet to learn how to do that.

Can a UV light be used to sterilize? I use some high powered UV lights on my planted fish tanks to eliminate bacteria and algae.

Its really bad smoking. even in cigarette packet its written smoking is injurious to health.

there have been studies now though taht say that marijuana smoking does not decrease lung function like cigarettes do, its hard to believe but it hardly damages the lungs at all.

moldy weed can kill you though.

does this scary stuff go for powdery mildew? can you cut that stuff off the leaves and dry it rea''y well?

Latest posts

Back