BBP...What are you giving your plants now?!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is the bokashi more beneficial than the original LAB solution?
I like the solution better.

when you ph before watering, that has no effect at all on the culture?
I don't think it will effect it. I think the pH range for canna is okay for the bacteria. It comes from milk and if i'm not mistaken milk has a pH of 6.5.

Cool, thanks man.. You know.... This may sound weird... But I was thinking... Have you found any other uses for this stuff? I was cleaning my living room window last weekend and was having some trouble with water spots, which are just mineral deposits, so I began to wonder...:confused2:

nv im not sure of LB being used for a cleaning solution, but def em1 is good for cleaning. so check this out. as this is why i chimed in. so im prepping my bloom room, & start washing my 18 guage stainless steel drip pan i fabbed up 2 yrs ago. as im washing it i noticed a couple pin holes along the edge. dumbfounded i couldnt think of any reason for them to be there other than the fact it had to do w/ the beasties in the teas that were making contact w/ the s.s. only thing i can think of. there are numerous spots on the pan that are looking like this, but not through the metal. amazes me how things like this work.

Hey bomb, I am running an experimental batch of this now and got to wondering... Why white rice? What if I used brown or wild? Or even flax seed? And do you suppose when collecting other microbes you can still use the milk? This is confusing to me because of Lacto=milk, and yet I think I read the microbe actually comes from the rice, not the milk.. Weird. :confused:

I'll be mixing a batch of super soil soon. I wanted to have this down as I think I want to add this during the soil mixing to see if it will aid in the 'curing'.

just mixed up some this.....gonna see how the girls like it:D

take care and be safe

:ciao: Bomb...so gave a little to all the girls..they didnt do anything bad...Im going to have to do a side by side see if I can see the bennifits...:aok:..

i want to see your side x side for sure 4u...i've been making all sorts of goodies too for this 2011 indoor start...been making l bacillus non stop batches at 8oz a lick for past two weeks...just one batch at a time...gonna step it up and double down...i flipped my girls at six weeks, and used the LB for first time, and two days into 12's, 12 of 20 plants showed sex...:hubba:

now that is a fast showing here, normal is 7-10 days on all i've ever ran, so i'm chalking the speed up lo the LB...only thing it could be...it's all i've used besides humboldt roots excellerator, and straight fresh compost worked this summer...

i'm trying out the different compost mixes, and trying to get a grasp on all these dank goodies buddy...my flower mix was fed nothing but fruits and berries, like watermelon, kiwi, peaches, strawberries, and lots of fresh mushrooms that grow here wild. if i see bugs eating it, to the piles it goes...:D ...

been searching what some of these wildflowers, and weeds round here are, and if thier useable for veg...got my eye on these tellow flowers the deer tear up. not sure what they are yet...peace...:icon_smile:

I've got some going now too, but no one answered that fellas ?? about why not brown rice or flax seed. It sorta reminds me of the first few steps in getting a mushroom culture going. White rice, i know has all the basic building blocks for life, carbs , so i guess it is a good clean source of food for microbes. I just made rice powder in a blender and used that. Will see how it works.

many peeps swear by rice---hope you remember to keep us in mind when you use your powder Sol

SOL....you blended the rice to powderize it? Whats the benifit in that?

as for the Brown rice..me thinks because it doesnt have the starches/carbs that white rice does...just my thaughts though clouded by bong resadue:bong:

take care and be safe

:bump: :bump:

To good of thread not to bring back:D

Just made some of this again. Tried a few years ago but I must have screwed it up. So I tried again will let ya know if I see a difference.

One question though, if anyone knows, can you put the concentrate into the fridge? For both the rice/milk stuff and the strawberry tea?

Put on my plants and they are looking really good:D

Also found my answer in the link Doc provided.

It is desirable to utilize diluted EM1 solutions within 3 days.

(4) Storage information

Store of EM1 - up to 6 months in a closed container, in a cool and dark place, (Please do not store in refrigerator).

Check smell if in doubt. EM 1 always has a sweet and sour smell. If smell is foul, do not use it. After the cap of bottle is opened and air comes in, a white membrane may be observed on the surface of EM1. This is yeast and does no cause a problem.

Wow great thread I started my rice solution tonight. I wonder what I could do with some liquid yogurt with probotics that I have in the fridge. I'm thinking I could use this in place of the milk. Any thoughts on this.

Zig I do not have a clue about the yogurt.

Maybe Umbra,BBP,BB,Irish,doc, or somebody with the knowledge will stop in.

Ive heard yogurt culture for plants before. I know it has good stuff...dont remember exactly what.....:stoned: :48:

The girls loved it so I made some more:D

d-7..My understanding is that many of the bene's get killed off when they pasteurize.

MilkRice.jpg

MilkRice1.jpg

Latest posts

Back