Pro-Mix HP + Earth Juice full line up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Major Stoned

Reaction score
Hello Marijuana Passion :D

I'm Major Stoned right now :bong2: :ciao: This is basically my second grow.

I'll get started by letting you know what I'm working with.

43.2" L X 24" W X 48" H Grow Tent

400 Watt LED Light

4" 241 CFM Fan/TallBoy Carbon Filter (EDIT: forgot to add 4" duct silencer)

10" O2 Cool Fan with hanging hook is on the way

One gallon Smart Pots X6

Pro-Mix HP

Earth Juice Full Line UP
1: CATALAYST
2: MICROBLAST
3: GROW
4: BLOOM
5: META-K
6: HI-BRIX (molasses for plants)
7: PH DOUBLE DOWN
8: PH DOUBLE UP is on the way

Botanicare Cal-Mag+
SuperThrive

PH pen/ calibration solution 4, and 7
PPM pen/ 342 calibration solution

Two Outlet Air Pump with airstones

After the last grow I built a rack for the bottom of the tent with 3 grow trays underneath. It just seems like it will make it easier with the drainage, and checking ph run off. :D

My question's are about the Nute Study EARTH JUICE FULL LINE UP:
(TEST 1) by JMANSWEED.
Here's the link: http://marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50463&highlight=nute+study

1. Do I need to change anything for Auto's?

2. Last time around I used Fox Farm Trio. Started feeding at about 7 day's in at 1/4, then 1/2 strength.
How would I start with E.J. full line up?

Right now I'm at day one.
I also put together a schedule based on JMANSWEED's test 1.
(adding Cal-Mag+, and SuperThrive)
(I haven't add the Hi-Brix Yet.)(exactly the same schedule)
(just needed something printed out and a little easier to read.:D )

Here's some pic's.

Will not let me post pic's. not sure why. :peace: Need the picture's to show schedule I was talking about.

Looking forward to this growing with you all. Thanks.

Greenest of mojo to you and welcome to MP, looks like you have all the right stuff.. That is a great study by jman. I don't grow auto's but someone else will stop in that does.

Here's what our sticky in the auto forum says for feeding
"I get a lot of requests for more info on nutrient needs for Lowryder. This is a hard question to answer as it depends how much money you want to shell out for nutrient products.

I get Advanced Nutrient products (many say the best) at a discount and I have adapted their formula for my own use. Advanced Nutrients provides a complete program for an 8-week grow and has a guide for different growing mediums.

For the first two weeks, I use what they recommend for seedlings.

Then I use the Micro 2+ Light Feeding program for the rest of their life cycle. I usually skip week 3 and 5 to bring it down to a 6 week program which I begin as soon as LRs are sexed.

I know it sounds complicated. Obviously all this is not needed.

As a rule of thumb, treat Lowryders like seedlings for the first 2-3 weeks, then switch them onto a light bloom program. So, you feed them a seedling/transplanting formula the first 2 weeks, then switch to a bloom fertilizer with something like a 5-10-5 or 1-2-1 ratio of N-P-K.

Give them a feeding of bloom fertilizer every week on weeks 3,4,5,6. Just pH-balanced water on week 7. Flushing solution on week 8.

...or for organic freaks, just plant into organic soil mix with bat guano mixed in... and put away the calculator... ."

That's from the joint doctor one of bigger auto breeders

Thanks RoseBud, and ShecallshimThor. I resized the pic's. (thanks for the help pc duck, Hamster Lewis, and Grower 13)

Here's some pic's of what I'll be using.
Seeds are Dutch Passion Think Different.

The schedule is the same as Jmansweed in his nute study, plus the Cal-Mag+, and SuperThrive.
006.jpg 001.jpg
013.jpg
009.jpg 016.jpg 010.jpg :

I'm on day 2 right now.
I'm planning on feeding at about day 7 to 11.

1. Should I change anything on the schedule for auto's?
In my experience, and studying Auto's average about 100 days.
Also thinking about introducing the Bloom, and Meta-K at week 3 or 4.

2. When would be a good time to add the Hi-Brix?

3. 1 tsp. each of Catalayst, MicroBlast, and Grow seems a little to much to start with.
Does 1 tsp. Catalayst, 1/2 tsp. MicroBlast, and 1/2 tsp. Grow sound about right to start with?

Thank you.:joint:

i would do only 1/4 strength if your going to feed so early.

:joint4:

word. Looks like you got a nice nute lineup. You remembering to bubble the nutes 24 hrs first?

:welcome: to Marijuana Passion, Major Stoned.

Laters :smoke1::bolt:

Thanks RoseBud.
Would that be 1/4 strength of what's on the bottle, or 1/4 tsp. per gallon of Catalayst, MicroBlast, and Grow?
1/4 strength for MicroBlast, and Grow from the bottle I believe would be 1/16 tsp. per gallon.

Thanks 7GreenEyes.
Yes I will bubble the nute mix 24 hours in advance in my 3 1/2 gallon bucket, and I will also have water bubbleing 24/7 in my 5 gallon bucket.

Thank you:D

I've pm'd Jmans before about the molasses
His answer was its in the food already so you could use it at a low dose all the way through but he just uses it after wk 3 of flower but with an auto I would start feeding it small amount when you start seeing pistols. It's a sugar for flowering mostly I belive

MS, I don't usually fee so early, but if you are going to, then start with 1/4 of the lightest does they recommend.

Thanks 7greeneyes, ShecallshimThor, and RoseBud. Ok let do this. :D

Here's a quick update.
Day 3: 3 seed's of 6 sprouted,
Day 4: 5 of 6 sprouted.

Today is day 10.
The last seed still has not sprouted. (I had to look.) Rest in peace #6.
I replaced the dead seed with Royal Queen's Royal BlueMatic.

That would make 5 Dutch Passion's Think Different, and 1 Royal Queen's Royal BlueMatic.
10 day's apart from seed's. (probably gonna mix the nute's for My BluMatic separately)

I also got my O2 Cool Fan in. :cool:

Thanks ShecallshimThor,
That make's sense, I will probably do like Jmans did with the Meta-K, and add 1/2 tsp. per gallon all the way through.
But thinking about adding both earlier this being an AutoFlowering Plant.
Might start the Meta-K at week 3, and the Hi-Brix at week 4.

Thanks RoseBud,
How does this sound to start off with?
1/4 tsp. Catalayst,
1/16th tsp. maybe a little more MicroBlast,
1/16th tsp. Grow

That would be a 1/4 strength of the lightest dosage recommended.

I still have not fed yet, but will in the next 5 day's.
Here some Pic's.
006-001.jpg 20130830_204314.jpg 20130830_204504.jpg 20130830_204359.jpg 20130830_204444.jpg

thanks guy's

You remembering to bubble the nutes 24 hrs first?

I have not understood this. I mix mine up and in 10 seconds I'll feed. :confused2:

Granted, the only nute line I have experience with is Xnutrients and that is PH buffered right out of the bottle, and generally a weak nute (looking to do Dutc Masters Gold next run)

I am no expert but from what I read in Jmans awesome nute study is Earth Juice is best used as an air infused tea. Being ORGANIC, Bubbling it for 24 to 48 hour's will help it explode with microbial life. The soil-life will feed the root zone, and in turn feed the plant.

Also I think bubbling the mix first gives the mix a WIDER PH RANGE for the root's to soak up the nute's. All the O2 in the soil help's keep the root system healthy as well as help keep pathogens at bay.
(edit: forgot to mention as the bubbled water in the soil warm's up it releases more O2 giving longer time for the root's to absorb food.:D)
(I'm no expert, that's just what I read):peace:

Major Stoned said:
Thanks RoseBud, and ShecallshimThor. I resized the pic's. (thanks for the help pc duck, Hamster Lewis, and Grower 13)

Here's some pic's of what I'll be using.
Seeds are Dutch Passion Think Different.

The schedule is the same as Jmansweed in his nute study, plus the Cal-Mag+, and SuperThrive.
View attachment 208098 View attachment 208103
View attachment 208099
View attachment 208100 View attachment 208101 View attachment 208102 :

I'm on day 2 right now.
I'm planning on feeding at about day 7 to 11.

1. Should I change anything on the schedule for auto's?
In my experience, and studying Auto's average about 100 days.
Also thinking about introducing the Bloom, and Meta-K at week 3 or 4.

2. When would be a good time to add the Hi-Brix?

3. 1 tsp. each of Catalayst, MicroBlast, and Grow seems a little to much to start with.
Does 1 tsp. Catalayst, 1/2 tsp. MicroBlast, and 1/2 tsp. Grow sound about right to start with?

Thank you.:joint:
i have done 4 or 5 successful auto grows with at least 6 or 7 diffrent strains and i have yet had any of my autos reach 100 days

mine reach ripeness in around 70-75 days max ..but all depends on how much watts are being used and light cycle and ETC just imo

risktaker27 said:
i have done 4 or 5 successful auto grows with at least 6 or 7 diffrent strains and i have yet had any of my autos reach 100 days

mine reach ripeness in around 70-75 days max ..but all depends on how much watts are being used and light cycle and ETC just imo

Thanks for stopping bye risktaker27. Just checked out your 2013 thread, Awesome job!.
Not sure why my grow took so long, I went with the tiered Method because I read Auto's do not like to be transplanted, and the root's like to shoot strait down. Maybe that had something to do with it. I used The BlackStar 240w LED light, with 20 on, and 4 off.
I watched another grow same time I was doing mine and his went 116 day's with a lot of help from some experienced Auto grower's.

Here's some pic's of my last grow. Day 78 was the last time I took pictures before I cut, and trimmed.
Using the Tiered Method some of my plant's got too tall for the tent which is why not using it this time around. The smallest one is #4. #4 went to 100 day's. The rest I think was 110 Day's.
day 78 065.jpg Day 28 #5 016.jpg

#4 cut and trimmed.
007.jpg 008.jpg

Other 4 plants hanging, and bud's
013.jpg 049.jpg 019.jpg

Here's Day 14 for the Think Different, and Day 5 for the Royal BlueMatic.
I'm just waiting for the pot's to dry out a little bit more before they get their first light feeding of
1/4 tsp. Catalayst
1/16 tsp. MicroBlast,
1/16 tsp. Grow.
20130903_185123.jpg 20130903_185253.jpg 20130903_185156.jpg 20130903_185231.jpg
:peace:

Day 20 for the Think Different, Day 11 for the BlueMatic.
T.D. has been getting 1/4 strength from the bottle.
(1/4 tsp. Catalyst, 1/16th tsp. MicroBlast, 1/16th tsp. Grow, a little CalMag, and 2 drops SuperThrive.)
B.M. just water, and 1 drop SuperThrive.)

Should I up the nute now?
20130909_222749.jpg20130909_222828.jpg20130909_222843.jpg20130909_222731.jpg20130909_222756.jpg20130909_222802.jpg
20130909_222743.jpg
What's up with this one?
:bong: :peace: :48:

I would follow the bottle instruction for light feed and you know you don't use the catalyst every watering. I don't feed every watering that is for sure, but i am in some pretty rich soil. Greenest of mojo to you.

Latest posts

Back