Almost done. . But I have a question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BluntFullOfKush

I smell SMOKE!!!!!
Reaction score
My Nirvana bubblicious auto is almost done, it makes 8 weeks this Tuesday but it's not ready yet Atleast another week inna half r so. . However was wondering how bad will My yeild be if I switched the lights to 12/12 so my other plants can start to flower

I did that once by accident.
Yield was ok, but the buzz sucked.

I've got the same problem, I have a Berry Ryder and a Northern Lights that need at least two more weeks! I topped my regular plants back so they would slow down. Might try fimming or topp'em and don't switch lights yet. just my .02.

Being that its Auto and only a week to go...I would Say flip with no issues

everything iv read about autos, it all seems to say constant is key, keep things constant dont go around changing thing just because, and honestly a week and a half? leave your hps on 20/4 or what ever your have it set at for the autos, and leave them along for another week or 2, your photoperiod plants in veg right now will be fine, they will get a little bigger thats good lol.,.. just consistancy is key with autos, so let them do their thing for another week or so and THEN swap light schedult for photo period plants, a 12/12 even for a week will hurt your yield, maybe not a whole lot but if you have already spent nearly 70+ days at least on these autos why comprimise them right at the end, as i said the difference in yield may not be that noticable and the quality/potency may or may not be noticable, but all in all i say leave them be, let them do their thing and when they are done with the space then swap back to 12/12. i guess thats just me but i like to keep things the same and its only a week or so, why not just let them finish without trying to sneak plants into your flower space early, just wait. its not worth possibly harming your end result whether it be yield or potency. just to sneak a few vegging plants into flower a few days early. patience my friend patience, just like i said to the people wanting to harvest 2 or 3 weeks early on outdoor grows, just be patient, let the autos do their thing for another what 9 days then go to town with photo plants

Yeah that's what I decided to do anyway. . The hairs are changing colors now and crystals are getting ripe. .. so ya I will be waiting till next week. . Thanks you all

Well this one will surprise you.. Super sticky and strong. . It hits jus like the non auto of that strain

yes sir .....

most people that dont like auto's havent grown one that has came to the market in the last couple years
or are regurgitating something they have read over the years ;)

I personally dislike Auto's because of the inability of being able to keep mother plants. When ever I start new beans I always take cuttings before flowering in the off chance that I may find a keeper. Good or even exceptional genetics are hard enough to find and keeping mother plants is the only way to hang on to killer phenotypes, with Autos this is impossible.
why do you feel this is impossible to hold on to genetics from autos? Its not like the genetics are going to suddenly vanish and if they did seed banks wouldn't be able to product a mess load of seeds and sell it as the same exact phenotype and that is why there is usually 3-4 different types depending on the parents.

I'm going to be crossing 2 different autos here pretty soon with feminized pollen and will more than likely produce many seeds. If they are stable and never hermi would your opinion change?

Once again absolutely not, I have zero interest in Autos or feminised seeds and fem'd autos are even worse.

I am of the same mind as Multi. I know that autos "have their place". But I have never had any that even came close in quality or quantity to a good photoperiod plants. I dutifully grew out all the auto seeds I got as freebies, looking for one that might perform well. I have pored over tons of posts by others here who also grew autos looking for something special. However, after sampling much and being impressed with nothing, I have come to the conclusion that a quality strain crossed with ruderalis (basically ditch weed)simply is never going to perform like a photoperiod plant because the genetics are simply not there. LOL, to me it is like taking great 100 year old scotch and diluting it with Seven-Up.

Plus, I can get the same turnaround with clones, always know how they are going to grow, and never have to worry about seeds....and they only take 12 hours of light to flower, not 20.

Not sure if you have done much breeding, but it is going to take many generations of plants to get stable genetics from a cross. In addition when it is a fem you are going to have to put many different generations through many different kinds of stress to determine its stability. Then you cross 2 stable plants and you are back to the F2 thing again....

Once again absolutely not, I have zero interest in Autos or feminised seeds and fem'd autos are even worse.
Noted. ;)
I am of the same mind as Multi. I know that autos "have their place". But I have never had any that even came close in quality or quantity to a good photoperiod plants. I dutifully grew out all the auto seeds I got as freebies, looking for one that might perform well. I have pored over tons of posts by others here who also grew autos looking for something special. However, after sampling much and being impressed with nothing, I have come to the conclusion that a quality strain crossed with ruderalis (basically ditch weed)simply is never going to perform like a photoperiod plant because the genetics are simply not there. LOL, to me it is like taking great 100 year old scotch and diluting it with Seven-Up.

Plus, I can get the same turnaround with clones, always know how they are going to grow, and never have to worry about seeds....and they only take 12 hours of light to flower, not 20.

Not sure if you have done much breeding, but it is going to take many generations of plants to get stable genetics from a cross. In addition when it is a fem you are going to have to put many different generations through many different kinds of stress to determine its stability. Then you cross 2 stable plants and you are back to the F2 thing again....
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying autos are better than photos, all I'm saying is the last auto I grew was NOT subpar and I have a very high tolerance for weed, not to mention was told by 4 different people that it was the best smoke they ever had. They wanted it so bad, they were willing to pay big money for it, but I don't sell my weed, I gave 4 grams to a friend and he smoked out himself and 3 other people on a joint. I cannot say about what you have experienced, but you should keep on open mind at the very least because there are auto strains out there that get the job done very well. I also yielded right below 5oz from it.

Never say never.... your dealing with mother nature & YOU cannot control as much as you think you can...

LOL Id love for a breeder to put the "no herm guarantee" on a pack...
You're misunderstanding what I was saying. I was simply saying that I have never grown a feminized plant that hermied on me and I was asking that when I made my cross and if it was in fact stable would the opinion change and it was a no, so to me, there is no more need for convincing.

I know everyone has their preference, I guess I just don't understand why anyone would want to be in this section if they absolutely hate autos.

I know everyone has their preference, I guess I just don't understand why anyone would want to be in this section if they absolutely hate autos

Good point SGT. That is cool you get 5 zips off an auto and it is quality bud. I am happy for you. I have only grown an auto once... it was fun to watch but the dankness just wasn't there for me. I learned something from you today, thanks.

I know everyone has their preference, I guess I just don't understand why anyone would want to be in this section if they absolutely hate autos

Good point SGT. That is cool you get 5 zips off an auto and it is quality bud. I am happy for you. I have only grown an auto once... it was fun to watch but the dankness just wasn't there for me. I learned something from you today, thanks.
Yea, I cannot guarantee that I will get that much from this next one, and I don't order autos they just come to me as freebies so I grow them. ;)
I love all marijuana equally, even the crappy brick weed that I buy when I have no quality meds.. But as of right now I'm taking a t break and not buying bunk weed simply cause I don't like dealing with the people I have to get it from.. Hydro this blah blah blah, I'm like dude, hush, you have no clue what you are talking about.. :laugh:

Hopefully this strain turns out good, I have no idea about this one cause they say unknown genetics.. I don't like that, and I was told that it looks like it would be a version of AK. I have no idea.. This is my second auto EVER... But yea, I would much rather grow photos personally since I have more control over everything... I may be a control freak.. haha... But I'll still grow autos cause its weed and I love me some weed and I also love to watch the growth, its amazing to me. every time. ;)

I will grow an auto now and then, the last ones I grew were ak 48 and it was good smoke. They were about 2 1/2 feet tall.

Yea, I wish I would have caught my last one before it stretched, that joker shot up over 3.5ft I had to bend the main stalk.

You're misunderstanding what I was saying. I was simply saying that I have never grown a feminized plant that hermied on me and I was asking that when I made my cross and if it was in fact stable would the opinion change and it was a no, so to me, there is no more need for convincing.

I know everyone has their preference, I guess I just don't understand why anyone would want to be in this section if they absolutely hate autos.

Misunderstand?? What part of a 11 word quote cant I understand? you wrote "If they are stable and never hermi would your opinion change?" I replied NEVER is a pretty strong word to use especially when dealing with mother nature...? you thinking otherwise is crazy just bc you never had a herm...

And I don't hate autos... If I still had an oversized veg Id still run them...

Post some pics of these 5 oz autos please... :afroweed:

Misunderstand?? What part of a 11 word quote cant I understand? you wrote "If they are stable and never hermi would your opinion change?" I replied NEVER is a pretty strong word to use especially when dealing with mother nature...? you thinking otherwise is crazy just bc you never had a herm...

And I don't hate autos... If I still had an oversized veg Id still run them...

Post some pics of these 5 oz autos please... :afroweed:
I honestly don't see the need in the condescending tone, but I'll be happy to show you my old auto..
First pic is to show the tops that I had growing, there were 12.
View attachment DSCN2143.jpg

View attachment DSCN2193.jpg
Had to bend the top cause it stretched so much so quick
View attachment DSCN2323.jpg
Here is my converted branch
View attachment DSCN2418.jpg
Showing more and more bud production
View attachment DSCN2443.jpg

View attachment DSCN2601.jpg
Seeds forming
View attachment DSCN2638.jpg
Cured bud
View attachment DSCN2942.jpg

Don't have the final pics of the plant before or right after trim, but I filled 5 pint and half mason jars, and each held about an ounce each and I mean like 24-26 grams a piece.

I have nothing to gain by lying about it.

I'm not here to impress, I'm here to share my love of cannabis.

Latest posts

Back