Drfting07's K.I.S.S.S.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drfting07

Don't panic it's Organic!
Reaction score
Drfting's Keep It Simple Super Soil

Outdoor Use

Hey guys and gals

I just bought a truckload of bagged soil/compost today and im about to start mixing. Just giving you guys a look into how i build my mix.

Over the years ive tryed several different methods that correspond with what i have available to me locally. Thru tial and error this is what i now use.

Heres what i got today

(4x) 2.2 Cubic Foot bales Fafard Peat Moss (these are compressed, and I get around 4 Cubic Feet after its open and broken apart)
(4x) 1.25 Cubic Foot bags Blue Ridge Super Compost
(4x) 50lb bags Black Kow Composted Black Cow Manure

With these ill make 4x 50 gallon sites using 1 bag of each for each site, and take top soil from near my site to further amend the peat mix

Heres the fun part....Mixing the Amendments

Dr. Earth Life (All Purpose) 5-5-5 @ 1 Cup per Cubic Foot (double strength)
Dr. Earth High N Bat Guano (10-3-1) @ 1/4 Cup per Cubic Foot (1/2 strength (adds an extra bump of Nitrogen for veg))
Azomite @ 1 tbls per gallon or 1/2 cup per CF (Trace Minerals)
Ground Oyster Shell @ 1 tbls per gallon or 1/2 cup per CF (Calcium)
Dolomite Lime @ 1 cup per CF of PEAT MOSS (cal/mag and PH Buffer)

Wet with rain water. Keep Moist and let cook for two weeks or until the soil is no longer cooking.

Dont put seedlings into this mix, too hot. I wait until they show sex, so 6-8 week old plants.

This pretty much somes it up. When i go to transplant into this soil, i add TLO spikes around the outside of the root ball and Granular Myco Fungi directly under the roots.

Sometimes i get lazy and use Dr. Earth Veg or Bloom dry fertilizers for my spikes if i dont want to mix the TLO spikes.

If they get hungry, and in early flower ill top dress with Dr. Earth

Hope this helps someone out there. It works for me.

Drfting07

Awesomeness Drft! Thank you for posting this good info. Good stuff right there.

Glad i can help.

All the dry nutrients are universal amounts for any organic base mix. I just choose to use peat, but coco or soil will work too. Just cut the dolomite out of the equation if you are using a PHd medium.

Latest posts

Back