Alien Band Grow 2015

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lookin good TC. you just let em go eh, not much training?
curious; what is that hanging on the front of the cage?

Im gonna have to try to find some of that netting and give it a shot. Same here have spent a small fortune on bamboo stakes. Green mojo! Enjoy the beautiful weekend
why i grow bamboo now too ;) :D

Netting UPDATE

The Dog Days of Summer are upon us. We are having temps that are some of the hottest of the summer, then back to the nicest days. Today there is a good chance of thunder showers. That means potential damage to the plants. We gave been spending the morning putting up the nets on the girls to hopefully prevent damage from rain and heavy BUDS!

1. Before the netting

2. The Netting

3. Netted Alien OG

4. Overview

5. A doorway into heaven. I love this time of year. So big they provide shade on a hot day.

Looking for signs of pistols every day. Nothing yet. Will be spending time in the evenings threading those tops to get the best possible support.

Stone, that netting comes in different sizes (height, mesh), might work out with some stakes. That was the biggest package they had (height and mesh).

ot to just love the horti netting, worx for scrogging too

lookin good TC. you just let em go eh, not much training?
curious; what is that hanging on the front of the cage?

why i grow bamboo now too ;) :D

Front of the cage is some onion/shallot flowers Mr. TC is drying for seeds. I have a friend that also planted bamboo for the purpose of staking his plants.

Only training is tucking the branches into the next square of the netting. Also tightening the netting as needed. We just got done snugging up the bottom of the net in case we get hit with rain today. In the past we have had lower limb damage due to heavy rain. Last storm set off a lot of fires. Closest is about 16 miles away. Was watching the smoke plume yesterday, seemed closer. Just paranoid I guess.

Happy August all, time for the flowers to show!

One word....
Two words actually,
No three,
I see flowers!

Can't wait tosee these progress through flower. Amazing work . Big respect to you and mr tc!!

Proof of Flowers

1. It is smokin' at the back of the cage.

2. It is smokin' at the front of the cage.

3. Proof of flowers! Most of the plants are putting on flowers now. Such sweet little beginnings for such big buds. This is a Purple Diesel.

As you can see on the news and here the fires are still going. Today has been particularly bad for smoke, it is hanging in like fog. By the end of the month, I hope the fires will be out. I can not imagine it being any sooner. The wind is good to carry the smoke away, but not good fanning the fires.

Many grows are going up in smoke this year a little early.

I will post next when all the girls are flowered. Smoke in peace people.

View attachment IMG_2914.JPG

View attachment IMG_2920.JPG

View attachment IMG_2941.JPG

I am jealous. You are ahead of me. Looking great as usual TC. Very nice. Horrible about all the fires.

Grasshopper Damage Update

1. Chewed right off, this stalk was eaten by a grasshopper/locust.

2. This kola will never ripen, never have it's picture taken, never be trimmed, never dry, never cure, never see the inside of a pipe. Alas poor kola, i would have known you well, cherished you, smoked you.

For years I have been writing about killing the hated Hopper, the fiend of the garden. I have killed hundreds yet they still come back, back to the lush garden amid a dry dry yard. When I kill them, they go to the lizard eating area, always the same area, always gone the next day, eaten by the faithful lizards. This one will be hunted daily, but not by me, as the smoke keeps me inside and away from the girls. It will be Mr. TC's solemn task to kill this killer of kola's, smite him and feed him to the Lizard hoard!

to be continued....

View attachment IMG_2951.JPG

View attachment IMG_2948.JPG

Damn hopper! I would squish him with my bare hands and then feed him to the lizards. How dare they!!!!!

Crap TC that would really just make me mad. Poor cola!

This is the kind we have around here.

You have pretty bugs where you live Kraven. Our grasshoppers wear drab brown, to match the sagebrush maybe.. I had never seen a cicada. That one looks a little surprised to be having its picture taken.

That looks like the ones we see mostly when they hatch every so many years. I see them mostly wearing a green paint job instead of corvette orange.

yea it one of those every five or six year bug hatching, seems i see these less and less and the green ones more these days.

Wow, awesome grow! I really like the smart pot idea, i think ill do that next year. I'm currently using 46gal garbage cans, and i have the plants fall over already twice w/ high winds. Also I think i need to rig some of that netting, just need to figure out a way to keep it up.

I was thinking of cementing 8 foot poles into 5 gal buckets, one per 46gal can, i have 6x. I'm a little worried about the bud weight.

Thanks for the great pics, and ideas!

OH MY GOSH!

I would not like to meet either of those hoppers in my garden. I have not gotten a pic of our variety here yet this year. We have two green types, one with red eyes and one just plain green with a humped back. The red eye comes in three to four inches, the other about three.

Smoke still here. Just got back from a visit to the Bay Area. Thought I would get away from the smoke, no luck there. It was blowing south and the Lake County fire smoked the place right up. Still as smokey as it was there, it pales to here.

Will get some pics up in the next day or so. All plants but one are showing flowers. Thanks for coming by all.

For reals!!! All that smoke hit us these last few days. Can only imagine how bad it is up your way. How's the heat? Leaving work today saw a sign said it was 108 a block from work in the foothills. Def getting fun in the garden. Full on flower time! :48:

Latest posts

Back