Second Grow "Papaya"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes sir they look over watered...but gosh its hard to tell without picking up the pot to see how much water its holding....if the medium is not draining well and just holding moisture then those strains that don't like wet feet will definitely look just like that brother. How packed is the soil? Does the pot feel insanely light? When was the last time you watered? How much, those cups prolly about 4 -6oz at a time is good since they are so small and your roots are the same...cant take a wet container...all the O2 comes out and smothers the plant. Gosh mrcane I have said alot, and you probably are a much more experienced grower than me, those are just my idea's impressions based on the pic's and comments. Hope I did not offend you. Hope you find the solution soon.

I have watered till I got a little water out the bottom, And that Sunshine mix seems to hold a lot of water....
Kraven thanks Bro. I just started this hobby and I use all the help that I can get ..Watered the 12th pm

Yes sir I would let them get really dry and then just give them like one turkey baser right around the plant, then as they grow do 2 then three and by the time you get to four it will be able to drain a bit and be fine for the root system. They will be fine brother just don't water for the next 3-4 days and you will see them perk right up and start growing much faster. I use that to water my little ones...cost a buck at the dollar store and its 4 oz a squirt.

Will let them dry out, & lighten up on the water..See what Rose thinks??She is the papaya girl...
Thanks Bro... Gotta run to town....

Will let them dry out, & lighten up on the water..See what Rose thinks??She is the papaya girl...
Thanks Bro... Gotta run to town....

When you transplant them into bigger pot put more perlite in the mix........ perlite is your friend when it comes to getting your mj to go through the wet to dry cycle every 36 to 48 hours like you want it to.

G13 told me the same thing. I am mixing in around 45-50% perlite with my soil now. Helped me out a lot with holding too much water in the pots.

Even my Garden soils get plenty perlite. Never had a drounded Vegg even in flooding rains,,,ever. And we gets plenty rain in Texas. Lol

Could be she is just really finicky like the Hippy Slayer... it likes the pot damn near dry, it gets over watered by just regular watering. Rose should be able to tell you if she is picky like that. I don't know the strain, never seen it, never grew it.

The pots have pretty much dried out ..Could this be a humidity problem. It is winter here in the N.W. So I am having to run a heater, My Rh is only 35 -40% I have ordered a humidifier, couple days out...

Not sure big leaves = larger stoma's so could be humidity or O2, how is the fresh air?

So lets see a new pic of these floppy girls. There leaves are not meaty at all, the are on the thin side.

Rose, the Leaves are meaty enough they look to be getting spotty with some rust on them.
the leaves that are looking bad to me, are the bigger ones at the bottom..
Dropped one out of the pot today, had lots of nice white roots. wanted to see how wet it was,, just moist.. watered last 12th. No Nutes yet. shouldn't be any in soil. Plants 15 days old
Oh My wife says that I am a premature freaker, But they don't look happy to me ...
Thanks Rose ,,Thanks all.....

View attachment 2007-01-01 00.00.00-1.jpg

View attachment 2007-01-01 00.00.00-2.jpg

View attachment 2007-01-01 00.00.00-3.jpg

They look really thirsty to me. Is the pot light when you lift it? I say give those plants a long drink of water. You can water them from the bottom if you want to keep the leaves dry.

Pots are light, so will give them a good shot of water.. Thanks Rose

When growing in dirt its very easy to know if they need watered just by the weight of the pots. Ive been doing it for yrs that way with all potted plants. Never had a problem and never under or over watered using that method.

It took me about halfway through my first grow go get the feel of watering by weight.

Just gotta get the feel,,,and its rock and roll time,,right Dog. :48:

I will giver hell,, Today could be tough gonna loose power for a bit.. They are heavier now!! Thanks All...

The new growth has definitely perked up some... Garage is wide open today installing solar inverter Have to move my fan set up, up in attic, to run some conduit :(... temps inside my little room holding 72

Latest posts

Back