Sopappy's so so grows

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that air pruning thing is happening to the roots here. i don't have enough room in the tub so the "air-pruned" one sits in a tray. Same strain, same birthday,

View attachment 100_0087.jpg

nah, they like the tub better

update: that bigger plant in the tub turned out to be male
I've found the fast growers are usually the males
just like us, they burn out pursuing females

View attachment 100_0092.jpg

Last edited:
I'm about to order 3 aquarium heaters, my rezeses have been as low as 14C with nothing really showing on the plants. I got away with the rooms a little hotter over the summer by keeping the water cooler. I wonder if keeping the water warmer means I can let the room get cooler. I hate to have to put a heater in the flower room.

well be careful as this past flower cycle i let the temp swing quite a bit, 65f low to 85f high cause them to herm slightly since it was only the last 3 weeks or so. when using a heater i use a ceramic heater, i paid like 10 bucks at wallyworld they work fantastic

well be careful as this past flower cycle i let the temp swing quite a bit, 65f low to 85f high cause them to herm slightly since it was only the last 3 weeks or so. when using a heater i use a ceramic heater, i paid like 10 bucks at wallyworld they work fantastic

not so much the purchase of the heater as the cost to use it :-(

Sure wish I knew somebody on the other side of the border, look at this rip-off.
I'd love to get 3, me and 2 for my lads for Christmas, hate to bother but pm me if able,
we see what cost to ship to me, add gratuity, I email transfer, no riskier than seeds :)

View attachment grinder.JPG

View attachment amazon.JPG

Sure wish I knew somebody on the other side of the border, look at this rip-off.
I'd love to get 3, me and 2 for my lads for Christmas, hate to bother but pm me if able,
we see what cost to ship to me, add gratuity, I email transfer, no riskier than seeds :)

Wow that's quite the price difference

I sent out a small bubble envelope earlier this week to Canada........ under 6 ozs........ cost almost $10.00........ it's filling out the customs form I don't like.

I sent out a small bubble envelope earlier this week to Canada........ under 6 ozs........ cost almost $10.00........ it's filling out the customs form I don't like.

I can't see that huge a difference being the shipping, I've seen other huge discrepancies like that all over Amazon.ca
lots of US stuff at reasonable exchange, some are crazy, i see it on Ebay sometimes too, just a ridiculous huge price, like they don't want to sell ???

culling the herd... I almost wish they wouldn't give me free seeds. I've had 3 of these ugly things taking up space in my flower room. I had lost track of the strains, had a schmozzle of 3 seed bags, what a mess. I finally got sick of looking at these and threw them out.

View attachment 100_0096.jpg

Free seeds, thanks for nothing! I'm going to be bitching all the way through this one. Sweet something, TEN OF THEM... TWELVE week flower,
they're already a motley crew:
one didn't come up, 2 walking dead, 3 sick looking, but look at those 4 promising males!

awfully pale.... Nitrogen again?

View attachment 100_0098.jpg

Sitting in a tray, roots just poking out bottom, still top watering, I'm hoping it's just hunger, the other 3 are fine, fresh nutes tomorrow

Looks like N. Good luck with her

Looks like N. Good luck with her

sure does, thank you, I've been too cautious on my nutes but now after reading up on this I'm thinking I got a bad batch. I see hints of it on the other plants too, hope you caught this in time :)
is there a quick fix? foliar spray? I'm thinking I can pee in my rez from what I'm reading. That can't be right.

i thought this was interesting...:

You should gradually switch over to bloom fertilizers to ensure that you don’t run into a nitrogen deficiency during flowering. Use the following fertilizer example for how to carry this out properly:

First Week of Flowering: 1 part bloom fertilizer and 1 part vegetative fertilizer
Second Week of Flowering: 2 parts bloom fertilizer and 1 part vegetative fertilizer
Third Week of Flowering: 3 parts bloom fertilizer and 1 part vegetative fertilizer
Fourth Week and Beyond: All bloom fertilizer

Other items that might do the trick include:

Calcium nitrate (CaNO3) as a foliar fertilizer
Urine
the rest of these won't work in hydro!!
Fish emulsion
Bat or seabird guano
Cottonseed meals
Alfalfa
Manure
Feather meal
Fish meal

Dont over feed her right away. Just get your ppms up to about 900 and she will come back if she isnt too far gone. You will see nice green tops. Those bottom leaves prob wont heal. Just dont shock her with too much all at once.

Dont over feed her right away. Just get your ppms up to about 900 and she will come back if she isnt too far gone. You will see nice green tops. Those bottom leaves prob wont heal. Just dont shock her with too much all at once.

haha, I did good for a change... I didn't buy anything or try urine. But I did do the change last night, ended up at 920 :) but Ph this am at 6.3
I'd rather 6 but will leave it until tomorrow
She is in a tray with 7 others, roots just starting to touch so have been top watering, twice a day, 24 T5
upper plant still looks pale but other 3 showing signs at bottom!, I may have caught this in time, hope so -thanks!

Latest posts

Back