Hydroponics nutrient solution

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hobbyboy

Reaction score
Hiya.

So I'm new to the whole weed scene. I got into making RSO for my uncle who got cancer, and basically all I know of it is what I've researched and experienced in the last 3 months.

In my country it's not hard to come across good weed, but good stuff is extremely expensive, and more often than not, it's not 'clean'. So I'm going to be growing my own. I have experience with hydroponics for tomato and lettuce, and making my own nutrient solution.

I have this recipe I follow which usually works well for the tomatoes, so I figured I'd offer it to you lot, and maybe get some feedback or information for improvement.

The recipe consists of 4 parts: 2x1lt solutions, and 2x 5lt solutions. The total makes up enough concentrate to make 100 litres (it's a 10% mixture ratio).

First, you gotta make the 2 smaller solutions:
Iron chelate solution:
19.48 grams chelated iron (FeEDTA), 1lt water (distilled works best, if you can't get distilled, use rain water or dechlorinated and filtered tap water). Add water progressively, shaking vigorously to ensure all chelated iron is dissolved.

Trace mix:
Zinc Sulphate2.2g
manganese sulphate15.4g
copper sulphate0.8g
boric acid28.6g
sodium molybdate0.25g
1lt water
Add 500ml warm water (not hot) and dissolve each of the above one by one until it's completely dissolved before adding the next one

Now the 2 part solution of nutrients.

Vegetative (9.5, 5.7, 11.3)Flowering (5.5, 8, 18.4)

Solution part 1:

Vegetative
Calcium Nitrate158.73
Potassium Nitrate55.29
chelated iron solution100ml
water (distilled)4-5l

Flowering:
Calcium Nitrate108.47
Potassium Nitrate74.07
chelated iron solution 100ml
water (distilled)4-5l

Solution part 2:

Sulphate of potash12.17
monopotassium phosphate36.77
magnesium sulphate64.02
Trace mix10ml
water (distilled)4-5l

Flowering:

Sulphate of potash12.17
monopotassium phosphate36.77
magnesium sulphate 63.49
Trace mix10ml
water (distilled)4-5l

The process for mixing these two is as follows:

Fill a 5lt jug with about 4lt of warm water. Mix each item in one at a time, shaking vigorously until all is dissolved, then top off with water.

When adding nutrients to your hydroponics, mix solution parts 1 and 2 in equal parts to total up to 10% of your overall amount of water.

Balance PH as necessary (recommended is between 5.5 and 6.5).

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

This is the method that I use as well. I have a couple more chemicals I guess and trace element is only 2 part mix. I use less N ratio in flowering but all in all it is close to the ranges that I aim for.

Latest posts

Back