Purple trichomes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

400watter

Reaction score
Hi, I currently have an outdoor bubble bomb finishing up and have just started checking trichomes (still have a few weeks or so to go) they are mostly clear with some cloudy but i also noticed some purple trichomes here and there. I havent noticed this before. Temps have been pretty good outdoors the last few weeks although it has cooled down some, hasn't been below 65. I'm not too concerned tbh more curious if others have come across this before. I tried to get some pictures for reference but my camera is not very good and the pictures come out blurry with the microscope.

Last edited:
yes some trichomes turn purple. I've posted macros of it before.

I love when you can see those oil glands fill with purple goodness. I have only had it do that on purple varieties. Enjoy.

There isn't really much purple trichomes, i had a difficult time trying to get a photo. Need to get a decent camera some time in the future i think. The trichomes weren't fully purple it was like a clear trichome with lots of purple specs in the mushroom head. You can see some amber on the sugar leaves now and the buds are mostly cloudy with a bit of clear. Not long to go now.

Latest posts

Back