Growing Applications

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlexK

Reaction score
For the homebrew beer industry there are SaaS based apps to help you keep track of your homebrew beer. BrewersFriend.com and BeerSmith is a good example.

Each brewing session you track through the process, input data into the process, then at the end taste/evaluate so you have detailed easy to read notes/graphs on each beer recipe you brew. Plus it has built in tutorials, calculators, etc.

You can even clone a recipe session and keep doing it over and over, each time taking more detailed notes to refine your recipe.

I know there a couple right now for cannabis but none really are doing the SaaS style as the main focus. I know it's because growers didn't want their grows tracked but now as more and more States become legal and for those where it's legal to grow at home legally, are you still using notebooks or are you using some online solution to track grows?

I still use notebook as well as these sites to track my grows. Not here though

The only place I track my few grows has been on the MP, grow journal forum...but I do use Brewers friend to track my homebrew batches....

I use 2 Android apps. Grow Journal and Grow Helper. Nothing mind blowing but both are free.

I actually downloaded a notebook app to my phone that I can use for anything. I just keep notes on my water changes or anything special that I need to track.

What's happening Tech. There are quite a few Track and Trace programs out there that we are going to have to implement. They track all inputs and follow the supply chain to thru retail sales.

In our state all growers are required to have software that tracks the entire grow from seed to sale. I don't think we are the only state like that so there is probably plenty of sofware available that does that.

Are you looking for a PC app or a mobile app?

I've tried a few, the novelty wears off fast and I fall behind, I keep a clipboard by the tubs to track the pH and PPMs at least and date the plants with tags going in to flower.
I'm pretty bad but hey, I'll contribute, this guy shared a nice excel spreadsheet
http://www.dopediary.com/spreadsheet-marijuana-tracker/
there is no way I could keep that thing up to date

Latest posts

Back