My stoney jolly ranchers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Making the BHO smells the house to high heaven. Making the candies doesn't smell. The cherry thc ones taste great like a cherry jolly rancher. The CBD ones taste like like CBD gross hippie natural "medecine". :rofl: They do what they're meant to do, but def do not taste as good.

oh gg loving that pic oh man i need to try these, have never made BHO b4 tho

If you're in a legal state, you could buy the wax and then make the candy. It has a learning curve I'm coming to realize. These recent batches have turned out a lot better when making them paying attention to crucial details..

How long does it take for yours to harden after pouring them in the molds?

After I pour them in the molds I put them in the freezer for like 5-10 minutes before popping them out of the mold

Cool. I'll try that. Mine are still not hard after overnight. Most recipes I read said not to fridge or freeze it.

I'll let you know how it works.

Hmm, never seen that. It's boiling hot goo when you pour it, so I've just thrown them in the freezer to speed up the cool down. I keep them in the fridge just so they don't get melty, but they stay hard out of the fridge. They are like jolly ranchers though. If you have them in your pocket or out in the sun too long they'll start to melt

I found my problem. I was using a digital laser thermometer and I was holding it too far away from the pan and I was getting readings from outside the pan. So, when I thought I was 300F, I was actually about 240F.

I re-did a batch at the right temp and they are in the tray. Almost hard after just a few minutes.

Getting better. The candy doesn't get me stoned but it sure tastes good. I would love to have the recipe for Regal Crown Sours. I'll bet they use citric acid for the sour.

Cool you figured it out. Making that last batch ate one and some small scraps and was flying still like 6 hours later haha :fly:

Backs killing me today, think I'll have a CBD one when I get back home :D

Has anyone ever done a sugar free version? I really like the jolly ranchers I get at the dispensary, but would love to give my teeth a break from the sugar...

Trust me when I tell you that any artificial sweetener that's available today is a lot worse for you than any amount of real sugar.

White sugar kind of sux but you can use brown sugar, molasses or syrup for your sweetener. Believe it or not, the vegetable glycerin that we use to make cannabis oil (and nicotine oil for you smokers) is actually a natural sweetener.

Stay away from any of the other artificial sweeteners. If you think Monsanto's stuff is bad, you ain't seen nothin'. Those artificial sweeteners are brain burners. Straight to the Alzheimer's ward with you. LOL

EDIT: Also, just FYI, sugar doesn't cause cavities or tooth rot, carbohydrates do. All carbohydrates. It is the way they react with the acids in your mouth to produce bacteria. Bacterial causes plaque which, in turn causes decay. Rinse with Listerine a couple times a day all your life and you'll probably never have a cavity. Even if you never brushed a day in your life. Flossing is actually more important because it releases the tiny bits of food (carbohydrates) that get stuck in your teeth and continue to create bacteria which continues to create plaque which continues to create decay.

So much for our dental health seminar for the day. LOL

I second everything Hackerman says...artificial sugar will hurt you. I put maple syrup in my tincture now.

I don't drink anything sweet except fresh fruit juices. If i sweeten anything i use Honey or Stevia. Woops i lied i do eat Dark Chocolate made with real surger. Yummy,,,i love dark chocolate .

What would the options for someone with Diabetes if there are any?

Read up on vegetable glycerin. It is the number one natural sweetener among diabetics.

Thanks Hack...I will do that...:48:

Latest posts

Back