Rosebud does 2016!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bud washing is a must for everyone, wait till you smoke it you will see a huge difference. I have and will wash every single harvest i ever have. although i only use lemon uice and baking soda, in one bucket and plain water in the other 2, for a 3 bucket system

WHy do you use lemon and soda when plain water works great? Just wondering.

well there is some type of mild reaction that takes places and acts as a natural scrubber, and its the method i found from my first grow till now it has never failed me once

Kraven, your Nightshade smells very good, piney? and has some nice nugs.. It is drying, i took it today.

Whoohooo, I can almost smell it from memory...cant wait for a proper smoking and assessment.

Rosebuds Organic Triple Washed

1 tsp per gallon lemon juice is an organic disinfectant, you use the second sodium bicarb wash to neutralize the pH (1 tsp per gallon) and the third bucket is to get it all off and clean (make sure to change the water frequently). Using both an acid and a base in the same bucket does not work because they cancel each other out and you don't get the mild disinfectant properties of the lemon juice. I have friends that wont smoke it unless it has been washed, I will have to admit it seems to taste "clearer" but it is not enough to make me wash all my bud. If I grew OD then yes I would wash all my bud period.

what about using a single bucket h2o2 then rinse with water?

i would never use h202 unless i was dealing with pm

because it causes the plant to dry up extremely fast, and can and will ruin your crop if not cared for properly. I have never used it, and hope i never have to

So yall Wash your Buds? Never heard of that.

WH, i had a million dead thrip and I am not kidding. I washed each bud in the kitchen sink with the sprayer NOT full blast. ( warm water) Yuck
you should not have seen the yuck... I did wash some things three times, then i put in a salad spinner and they dried normally.. I didn't use a bucketof water as that wasn't as clean as i needed... I looked at the waste water with a loupe... (ocd much rosebud?) some needed it more than once. I thought Orangesunshine was nuts when he told me to wash it... I bought the vegetable wash, but didn't use it, the clean water was great.. no need to add anything. I wouldn't have been able to use this grow for medicine if i had not got the dead thrip off..

Yeah Rose that thrip infestation was the most severe that i ever heard of. If it were me, I would try and landscape around my yard as far as i could clean the bushes and clear the area from thrips to avoid this a second season

Thank you zem... don't worry, we are on it for next years grow. The roses beside my plants had no thirp? I heard from the local grow shop that many people lost their grows this summer due to bugs.... That is a lot of work and then lose your grow.. I don't think mine will be as potent as before.. What a time... Onward and upward to a cbd grow!

Okay Rose,,got it. Cool,,glad that worked. Bet tat was yuky.

So glad to read your getting a good return considering your infestation. You are more determined than me for sure. I would have cried and given up long ago.

"It is what it is" is our motto at harvest time. And harvest is in full swing here. Getting very close to halfway.

Seriously TC! Washing buds seems ridiculous. I understand your thripe situation Rose, and glad you can salvage. But there ain't no way buds are getting triple dipped for no reason. Glad you were able to save some harvest mama. We're all halfway there. Mojo for the 2016 finish :48:

I just wanted to say I really enjoyed your journal Rose had lots of good information and some beautiful pics to look at great job my friend And Mr. Wilson he's so cute always makes me smile

Seriously TC! Washing buds seems ridiculous. I understand your thripe situation Rose, and glad you can salvage. But there ain't no way buds are getting triple dipped for no reason. Glad you were able to save some harvest mama. We're all halfway there. Mojo for the 2016 finish :48:
I have washed my buds for every single harvest, and every grower who has smoked my buds has started washing their buds. Look at it like this every single time you interact with your indoor plants you are bringing in dust,dirt,hair,dead skin and tons of other **** that attaches itself t the plant via fans blowing. Now you may have a super clean room and use tyvec suits and a positive air flow but most do not. In order to get that crap off you simply wash your buds like you would any fruit or vegetable you buy in a store, not only does it clean it and make it taste significantly better, but it also brings the buds to the same moisture level and allows a more even drying and curing process. I have bud that is over 10 months old still fresh as the day it was stored.

Well, take a deep breath all you od growers, we made it... Here are some end of the season pictures. Everything is in jars. YAY, what a bunch of work. Good work.

The yield is disappointing. The buds are small and most strains were not very sticky. I got a lot of papaya and sunshine tres dog. I have a small jar of my harlequin but was sad to loose my clone. I had three people try to clone this thrip infested grow, we couldn't get it..

Big changes out there for next year... i have grown od 4 times now and never had a bug until this year.. If you are a synthetic grower, you could eradicate them easier I bet.

Mr Wilson is the love of our lives, here is a pic of our world this almost halloween. Thank you all for stopping in.. Here's to the next grow! TCBud, I think of you all the time...you rock.View attachment DSCF4486.jpg

View attachment DSCF4485.jpg

View attachment DSCF4487.jpg

View attachment DSCF4489.jpg

Latest posts

Back