Male Plants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlndrzFlash

Reaction score
I understand the need to get the bad amle plants away from the virginal ladies.

Are the males planrts so low in THC that they are useless?

i find them very useful.. in my worm bed. lol

They are good for making babies. And thats about it, or like slowmo said use them as compost.

The male plants don't even make bud on them, just balls....

can't u makle hash out the males or do u have to let them fully mature in order to get anythin from them thc wise? but by then it bein too late that ur females will already be knocked up? i got a couple males i'm goin to pull tonight so i'm wonderin if i shouuld try hash an save em or just throw em on the camp fire for the smell of it wile out campin? lol

"campfire"..

editfull_Go_Camping.jpg

i notice u on alot of threads on here and givin alot of advice. i appreciate it. i guess i can delete the new thread i posted then .
so why is it alot of hype bout this making hash from the male plants. have u ever done it? end result?
thanks again

just saw the attached photo too lol great way to get an answer across lol

ok zip, I'll give you "my" opinion on male hash...
first, if it doesn't have visible trichomes, you can not make hash with it. Hash IS collected and pressed trichomes.
second.. even hash oil (iso oil, or honey oil) made with immmature males is going to be very low in thc, if you get any return at all, it will likely be mostly tars and/or other essential oils.

oF course, males is not worth, I did made hashes in past with males, sometime good, but all the time yuck, taste like smoke a vegtable foods you can try touch the tops fan leaves see if its sticky, chopping it down, let it dry, for weeks, but like others says and I do agree with others, its NO good
cuz it taste bad, high is ok but beers does beat that, but yall know jorge made buds out of males? well? what about it

thanks guys? camping incense they will become then lol

who knows maybe it'll make a great insect repellant while out camping (the smoke) i know sage keeps em away now an then when u thow a bunch of it green on a fire...

The relative potency of male and female plants has been debated for a very long time. Until recently, there was widespread belief that male plants were psychotropically inactive. This belief may have resulted from the frequently noted procedure in India and other Eastern countries of removing male plants from the field before pollination occurs.70, 295,451 This practice was apparently intended to increase the potency of the female plant, although it has not yet been scientifically documented that unfertilized female plants will become more potent. Although male plants generally weigh less than female plants, several recent studies found that males and females produced equally potent marijuana, and a new consensus began to develop, holding that the sexes were equally potent. 143,159,174,480 However, the recent study in Ottawa 568 uncovered three distinctive common patterns. In high-CBD strains, at maturity, females almost invariably contained a much greater amount of cannabinoids and although very little THC was present, it always occurred in higher trace amounts in females than in the males. More pertinently, in approximately 2/3 of the 40 or so high-THC strains examined, males and females were indeed equally potent. However, in about 1/3 of these high-THC strains, the males were notably inferior, indicating that hereditary background strongly influences the relative potency of males and females. In addition to this genetic factor, a further consideration, harvest date, appears to be very important in determining the relative potency of male and female plants. Turner recently noted that in Mississippi, in both males and females, THC content rises to a maximum in the early flowering stage, and then tends to decrease. Because males flower relatively early, their THC content reaches a peak sooner, but with further maturation potency will appear relatively greater in the females.122

http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/library/studies/ledain/ldc2b.htm

hmmmm..... I wonder if they ever "smoked" a male??.. ... :p

if i had a male i would raise it in a fishtank with fishes
like a half land half river looking tank

That article just wreaks of POS...

Ive never seen buds on males before...Its easy, you smoke buds off the female, and the male doesnt have any....What part are they talking about smoking or measuring on the male? The leaves?

They are implying that the male contains a amount of thc that is rewardable..

Show me someone who has gotten "high" from a male and I will show you someone who "thought" they were high....

im high....:p

Latest posts

Back