Plants smell more when light go out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dogger

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyother grower here notice this happening in there grow. I find it a quit enjoyable to smell this, I like think to its them saying good night, lol

dogger said:
Just wondering if anyother grower here notice this happening in there grow. I find it a quit enjoyable to smell this, I like think to its them saying good night, lol
You got that right dogger. Man our room smells real bad once the lights go out. It's a very nice smell almost like sweet flowers. :D

Yep, me 2. but my grows get wierd. I had one that smelled like Hay one night and Blueberries the next. Its was wierd. Finally finished off with this skunky smell after cure. Flippin bagseed always has me :confused: . Guess thats why I still grow em now and then.

I have noticed this also, but I thought it might be because when it is dark I am out of the room for quite some time and do most of my chores when the lights are on. So I think it could be possible my sense of smell is desensitized and they don't seem to smell as much during the day. When i'm not in the room for a long time and then enter, the plants seem so much more smelly.

It is kind of like the 'fresh country' smell. If you visit a farm all you can smell is cow crap, but the farmer doesn't notice it as his nose is desensitized. A few years back I went to my uncles who lives on a farm and stayed for three nights. The first five or six hours I couldn't stand the 'fresh country' smell, but after that I didn't even notice it anymore.

So really in my case i'm not sure if the plants really smell more at night or it's just desensitization. I could be totally wrong and possibly they do release more smell at night. What do you guys think - could it be a possibility?

TGT

My room smells weird tonite.... could be cuz a drip hose came off and pumped around 20 liters or so on my floor... but.. i might be wrong.

I think the smell is the hormones that allow flowering to occur, they're only present in darkness. but yeah its a fresh country air smell. This makes me feel a little better knowing others notice this as well.

Yeah, i love the dark cycle...it feels so calm and does smell different....

(guess what... on top of those 20 liters of water on my floor... was my ph pen... which shorted out. Now i'm F!@$ed worse)

i'm with you guys, its getting pretty bad with 2 skunk strains about going into the final weeks of flowering... not the most pleasant smell lol...

haha Skunk is insane when flowering... I love it tho... cept if u gotta check on the girls then go do soemthing everyone knows what u were doing... or thinks u just got done smokin one.

Latest posts

Back