Growing Marijuana Forum

Bud of the Month: Umbra's White x Nepalese Indica
Go Back   Marijuana Growing Forum > Other ... > Gardening General
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Search New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2017, 05:08 AM   #1
CasualGrower CasualGrower CasualGrower CasualGrower CasualGrower CasualGrower CasualGrower CasualGrower CasualGrower CasualGrower CasualGrower
Default Super hot pepper advice

OK.... I have a friend that is looking for the best advice she can get for growing some super hot peppers...... Talking Carolina and California reapers.... Some other super hot varieties....... I am asking this forum because you all are some of the BEST botanists I can think of asking..... FIRE..... I have no experience with these..... just thought I would ask those that might know )
CasualGrower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 01:32 PM   #2
Organic dirt farmer
Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud Rosebud

Good soil, good air, good genetics.

Current grow:

Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind, always.
Rosebud is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 02:19 PM   #3
umbra umbra umbra umbra umbra umbra umbra umbra umbra umbra umbra

that's what I did, just basic stuff and let the genetics in the peppers come out. The bad part was the peppers were so hot, no one could eat them. Mine were scorpion peppers and you needed gloves to even pick them
Feed the soil not the plant
umbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 03:23 AM   #4
Dogweed Dogweed Dogweed Dogweed Dogweed

I grow Ghost peppers every couple of years. I tried Carolina Reaper last year but I couldn't get them to take. I find keeping the soil slightly dryer than I do for my MaryJane works wonders with the ghost peppers. As far as nutrients go, I give them the organic BigBloom from FoxFarms here and there along with CalMag.

Funny story. My first Ghost pepper plant and the largest I've grown , grew in an abandoned hydroponic pot I tossed outside as trash after I thought it failed to take. The roots loved the stagnate hydro mix at the bottom of the pale. It thrived in there for 6 months only getting rain water from time to time. The harvest from that plant lasted me 5 years and I was giving peppers away like hot cakes.

Good Luck
Dogweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 08:37 AM   #5

Good soil with good drainage in a large pot. I use fish emulsion and feed them often early but back off when they flower. Keep them moist but not wet. This works for me but I grow harbeneros and jalepenos as I like flavour rather than ridiculous heat. Have to plant some again soon. Also have a big bird's eye that grew by itself.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Maxlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 12:38 PM   #6
zem zem zem zem zem zem zem zem zem zem zem

I grew super hot peppers in hydro ebb and flow. they seem to love it and love a lot of light too
zem is offline   Reply With Quote