Question about making ISO hash

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slartibartfast

Don't Panic
Reaction score
I read TBG's post and want to try it. My question is, can you use grocery store isopropyl alcohol, which is 70% alcohol and 30% water, or do you have to buy more pure alcohol?
THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
:cool:hello all. i see there are not to many threads on making hash so i thought i would start another. you will need the following items:

1) clean jar with lid
2) isopropyl rubbing alcohol
3) coffee filters
4) plate or glass pan
5) bud or leaf trimmings
6) razor blade

First you want to take your bud & leaf trimmings crush them up and place in bottom of jar. Then take your iso and fill the jar up 1 to 2 inches over your bud & leaf trimmings. Put the lid on the jar and shake well for 2 minutes. Get your plate or glass pan and coffee filters. Take 3 or 4 filters put them together and dump your mixture into the filters. Be sure to try and fold the top of the filters together after adding the mixture this will prevent your filters from letting your liquid drip out the top. Let all the liquid drain through the filters onto the plate or glass pan. once this is done let the iso evaporate in the plate or pan and there you have it. Take your razor blade and scrape the hash from the plate or pan and its time to smoke. REMEMBER the better the bud and trimmings the better your hash will be. any questions please email me. ENJOY:p

Hello Slarti :)

You can buy 99.7% ISO from Ebay (thats where I got mine from)

The less water the easier it is to evap off, 70% ISO will leave a lot of water behind.

Just Made Some With 70% Iso Cant Wait Till The Morning To Wake N Bake My First Time Making/smoking Hash

I had to search for 91%. Every store round my way had 70% and i was not gonna use that. I found it of course at Wal-Mart. Thats the last place I try to go. Standing in line for 15 min. for 1 item but it was worth the difference.

Thanks for all the replies, sounds easy enough to find. I've saved leaves and shake from an indica, and in a couple of weeks I'll have a bunch from my sativa too. Harvest time is unbearably slow, but for once, I'm letting her go full term. The weather has been very co-operative so far.
I'm sure I'll have more questions when the time comes.

Same Thing Going On Over Here! If I Wasnt Always High I Would Probably Have Ripped It Out The Soil Already Gotta Keep Telling Myself I Need Some Fully Bent Ambers ! One Of My Newer Plants Revealed Her Pistols Couple Days Ago After Her 2 Months I Will Use Her For Hash Oil

I've tried the 70 percent, it worked ok, was more crystaline I thought ;) I like the 91-99 percent much better :aok:

Good choice buddy ;)

I personally clean my glassware with high percentage iso so I would just use that anyways...

DomsChron said:
Good choice buddy ;)

I personally clean my glassware with high percentage iso so I would just use that anyways...
Yeah, the strong stuff works good on glass. It evaporates so quickly it doesn't leave streaks. When I was in the copier business, we used 98% denatured ethyl on our surface coated optics for that reason. The same hardware store had denatured isopropyl too, but I'm not sure what "denatured" means. It must have something else in it. I'll look that up.

hXXp://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasci/chem00/chem00102.htm

Any One Have A Average On How Much U Can Make Out Of A Qp Of Some Brick?

DomsChron said:
EEK!!!

I suggest NON denatured alcohol.

Anything I wouldn't drink, I surely wouldn't smoke...:aok:

Oh, yeah, thanks for mentioning that. I already knew that and should have added it. We wouldn't want to lead anybody to use poison for sure.:eek:

Latest posts

Back