Late flowering, the pots perhaps?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julian

Reaction score
Hey!

I have my 9 three foot tall plants in decent sized pots, but they seem to have taken up ALL the space in the dirt... the problem is, that i can't really repot them because i don't have decent sized pots, and i've already sexed 2 females. We are now the 22nd of July... and i still can't sex them all. Is it possible they haven't started flowering yet because the pots are too small?

Thanks! :cool:

they are outdoors?.. they probably haven't expressed sex yet, because the hours haven't deminished, enough, for long enough..;0

Pot size has no influence on flowering. Three foot tall plants are probably sativa or sat doms, when they start flowering they may go to 6 feet so I'd think seriously about repotting if I were you. Use 5 gallon paint buckets for cheap pots if cost is a problem but don't forget to drill holes for drainage.

LM.. What would make you think that 3 foot tall plants are sat dominate??...
But you're absolutely correct on the "bigger pots" issue. 5 gallon buckets should be the ticket.;)

I would have to agree with Hick. A three foot tall Girl would only be determined if it is a Sativa or Indica or what percentage of ether dominance by a first hand look or a pictures. My outdoor Fl grow now, both my Norther Lights & White Rhinos are easy three feet tall and both are Heavy Indicas dominance. As for the sex if they where started from seed than 5th or 6th week they should have shown pre- flower to show they are sexually matured and of course different strains vary. Yes most no, depending on location when the photo period starts to change then also sex will be able to be determined. Five gallon pots minimum for any out door Girl. Be safe and I'll pray to the green gods for Ya. :O) Ps here is a pic of them at four weeks. As of now they are six weeks old and in the ground I had a late start this year. Peace:)

photo_071409_003 (2).jpg

do you have a safe place to put them outdoors in the ground? prep your holes with your potting mix, cut off the bottom of the pots, and put the bucket and all in thier new home. ( just an idea thrown out).

My reasoning is that if they are already three feet tall then if they are indicas they should already be starting to flower at this time of year outdoors.

Julian said:
Hey!

I have my 9 three foot tall plants in decent sized pots, but they seem to have taken up ALL the space in the dirt... the problem is, that i can't really repot them because i don't have decent sized pots, and i've already sexed 2 females. We are now the 22nd of July... and i still can't sex them all. Is it possible they haven't started flowering yet because the pots are too small?

Thanks! :cool:

If U need 5 gal buckets then go find some house that r getting ready to paint and see if those painter will give the buckets to U..

I have found 15 5 gal bucket at my Doctor office when they remolded and I climed into the trash ben and snatch them up with out any problems..

I am on the look out for some more buckets before my wife get her MMJ Card and this also how I got GOOD insulation to put up a ceilling in my Metal Shed....

Flyinghigh said:
If U need 5 gal buckets then go find some house that r getting ready to paint and see if those painter will give the buckets to U..

I have found 15 5 gal bucket at my Doctor office when they remolded and I climed into the trash ben and snatch them up with out any problems..

I am on the look out for some more buckets before my wife get her MMJ Card and this also how I got GOOD insulation to put up a ceilling in my Metal Shed....
Also look for a place being dry-walled(sheet-rock) as usually they use joint-compound(mud) that is in 5 gal buckets.However these are a little wider and shorter than a paint bucket.Lower profile,plus it says "joint compound" :D on the side.I've been a painter for about 8 yrs now and construction sites are a good place to get scrap materials as long as you ask first they will usually let you get them.I(until recently:D ) threw all the buckets away also but if someone wanted them it wasn't a big deal.

Latest posts

Back