your thoughts on outdoor clones

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saundu

Reaction score
Hello I have grown some beautiful three and half foot plants already and they are growing so big that I need to trim these girls down so they don't become five footers attracting lots of unwanted attention. My question is: can I take clones and bring them to my indoor grow? I understand the idea about bringing in unwanted pests. But if I wash the clones and really take a careful approach is it still achievable without bringing in bugs? Your thoughts?
BTW I have planted these plants on some salmon carcasses and the results have been phenomenal for this early in the season in the Pacific Northwest.
Thanks in advance for any replies!

Yeah ive brought clones inside with no problems. I always give them a good wash and dip first.

Yes you can. You understand the dangers of bringing pests and disease into your grow space, so just be careful.

thanks Lesso and HG. What type of dip are we talking about there Mr. Lesso? Thanks

You have to really check for bugs with a loupe.. If they have any insects you use the appropriate remedy. I have dipped plants in spinoside for thrip and it works well.

If no bugs wash them off with plain water and let dry.

Cool bout using salmon carcasses. Be really careful with that, dogs dig up roots to get at fish I have seen with friends using that method. Yet some were very successful, burying the carcus deep. Salmon especially is toxic to dogs.

You can always peg down your girls to have them run along the ground instead of growing up. Can't remember what that is called....anyone? Some kind of training? I looped the plants around in my smart pots a few times when I had space issues. Held them down with bent wire, making a horseshoe shape then stuck it in the ground over the stalk then did it over and over as the plant grew. Got some pretty nice kolas too. Ah... Low Stress Training?

Good luck with the clones and GreenMojo for your outdoor and indoor endeavors.

I would tie them down and end up with multiple tops and can still keep the plant at 3-4 feet.

tcabs

Ya my doggies like to dig them up but I have now built a fence around the garden. Also, once they have been exposed to salmon they become immune I am guessing that has occurred already. I just caught one on Friday so I got yet another carcass to bury. Woo hoo! Thanks for the replies all....

Salmon is toxic? I just googled it and RAW salmon is toxic.. Phewy, i give mine the bits that are left over.. have done it for years.

Don't want to disagree about dogs and raw salmon, but pretty sure immune is not something that happens. I think you have been lucky if your dogs have eaten raw salmon and are still alive. Only saying this in case someone out there tries to feed their dog salmon to make it immune.

Glad to hear your out catching fish. I am seriously jealous. Tomorrow should see me fishing.

Infected dogs can develop an immunity.... look it up online. I believe my dogs have already been exposed but for sure thanks for the concern. My dogs are old n have been around a lot of rivers lined w dead salmon.

Latest posts

Back