My first auto grow, waiting for seeds and growbox to ship..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zy_69_yZ

Reaction score
Well I just moved into a new little apartment and it seems like a nice little spot try try growing.

I am trying to grow Delicious "La Diva" seeds in this grow box

hXXs://ssl.perfora.net/stealthyhydro.com/shop/article_smallbox/The-Lowryder-Hydroponic-Grow-Box-%2C-Carbon-Filter-and-lock.html?sessid=X8FlJ3KUQVbrX0rJn8OzJUT80EM5wh4yV4Q0gHU1bVK7EZcwbcNgN1NnhMGOhY0u&shop_param=cid%3D3%26aid%3Dsmallbox%26

I could have probably built my own but I didn't really want to get caught in the middle of construction of it, I figure this way is less obvious than me walking into my apartment with a bunch of lights and making any noise.
I probably wont be using a full dose of nutrients as I have heard that auto flowers are sensitive to nutrients.

Does anyone have any advice about what I am about to try and do?

:icon_smile: I can't wait..

each strain has its own personal preference on nutes, personally, I run more than recommended on most auto strains I have ran. I think twords the end of my NL and bubblelicious auto's I was trippling the dose.

Do they give you any info on the lighting? It just looks like 6 smaller CFLs in there. I don't think I would be into buying a grow box with CFLs for lighting.......

The Hemp Goddess said:
Do they give you any info on the lighting? It just looks like 6 smaller CFLs in there. I don't think I would be into buying a grow box with CFLs for lighting.......

I actually ended up cancelling the order for the grow box because I didn't realize the box was so small.

You are correct it is CFL's.

Should I be growing under hps? what bulbs would you personally recommend?

I see you have been a member here for a while... any recommendations you have on grow tents, or other larger grow boxes that would be more suitable for my seeds would be awesome.

Hps is the best light for flowering.

The amount of light needed depends on the size of your grow box/tent/room. Most grower try to achieve 3000+ lumens/sqft for veg and 5000+ lumens/sqft for flower.

I have 2 tents one for veg and one for flower. The veg tent is a cheap one from ebay and the flower tent is a Secret Jardin. I really like the Secret Jardin.

pcduck said:
Hps is the best light for flowering.

The amount of light needed depends on the size of your grow box/tent/room. Most grower try to achieve 3000+ lumens/sqft for veg and 5000+ lumens/sqft for flower.

I have 2 tents one for veg and one for flower. The veg tent is a cheap one from ebay and the flower tent is a Secret Jardin. I really like the Secret Jardin.

Thanks for the advice! How many hps watts would you recommend for a 36x36x72 secret Jardin?
They do look like nice tents and this dimension tent would be pretty good for my closet here... I'm just not sure how big of a light to get I don't want to burn the seedlings or anything like that.

Lets see you have 9sqft X 5000(lumens needed) = 45,000 total lumens are needed for your grow room. A 400 watt hps will be sufficient to light a 3 x 3 tent.

There is a "Tent Growers Group" here. You might want to check it out.

And, I would suggest a little more reading to learn the basics--lighting needs, ventilation needs, soil mixtures, the importance of pH, stuff like that. The more you know going into this and the better prepared you are, the better your harvest is going to be. Even autos are going to take 2-1/2 to 3 months from seed to smoke--you are going to want to have something to show for all that time and energy. We aren't growing veggies here. Marijuana has some very specific needs. Take care of your plants and they will reward you!

pcduck said:
Lets see you have 9sqft X 5000(lumens needed) = 45,000 total lumens are needed for your grow room. A 400 watt hps will be sufficient to light a 3 x 3 tent.

Alright perfect, ty for explaining the thought process as well :D

The Hemp Goddess said:
There is a "Tent Growers Group" here. You might want to check it out.

And, I would suggest a little more reading to learn the basics--lighting needs, ventilation needs, soil mixtures, the importance of pH, stuff like that. The more you know going into this and the better prepared you are, the better your harvest is going to be. Even autos are going to take 2-1/2 to 3 months from seed to smoke--you are going to want to have something to show for all that time and energy. We aren't growing veggies here. Marijuana has some very specific needs. Take care of your plants and they will reward you!

Thanks for helping me, will definitely be checking out those areas :icon_smile:

Latest posts

Back