My Poor Baby :(

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mindtrip

Reaction score
I knew this grow was going too easy. My girls just woke up from their twelve-hour nap and one of them has this awful discoloring! The other two seem fine. They all receive the same light and water and nutes. General Organics BioThrive Bloom (2tsp per gallon of water) with each feeding. I'd love some advice before it gets too far, or the other plants develop the same symptom. Thanks in advance.

View attachment HuWh5g0.jpg

View attachment DoaBTdy.jpg

Can you turn off the led and get a pic under natural light please?

Did some nutes get spilled on the leaf? I don't know what that is. Others will be by..Is it on the new growth too? What soil are you in?

First thing I thought was either nutes on leaf, or maybe you sprayed with lights on or had transpiration on leaves which caused a "lens effect" on the leaf, burning it.

I do not believe that Bio-Thrive Bloom is meant to be a stand alone nutrient? Any time I have used GO products, I have used the entire line and followed the feeding chart.

One thing that seems to always hold true is when there is a deficiency or pH issue, or even toxicity(issues that form internally), it occurs in patterns, or quickly forms into a discernible pattern(usually preceded by some yellowing).
When the damage is caused externally(usually straight to necrosis(browning) without much yellowing) then it shows in randomness and without forming any patterns.

That said, it appears to be "external" like some water or solution got on the leaves and then the light hit them. Or possibly some critters are sucking on them. Typically, deficiencies don't go necrotic that quick in one random location. However, that doesn't automatically rule out deficiency. Check them real good for possible bugs and try to see if there is any sign or sweating or solution getting on the leaves. If you can't find anything certain, keep watching them close for a pattern to emerge.

And I would recommend doing as THG says with the nutrients as I had a friend who used that line and said it was too weak by itself, so its probably best to use both types together.

Thanks everyone. I'll keep an eye on them - heading home from work now.

It's definitely not nutes, as I water at the base. Nothing goes anywhere near that high, and I do no misting.

And hopefully I can get to the store soon for the other nutes. And I'm in FFOF.

Just got home and the other two girls have developed the same issue. :(

Should I remove these leaves? I know trimming in flower is bad, but am I doing more harm leaving them on?

Yes, that is when the nutes in FFOF run out. . I have not seen the problem you are showing though. I would top dress with worm casting stat and then bat quano for flowering. I don't know your nutes, others do, so maybe you can bring them back that way.
If those were my kids I would repot them in 5 gallon pots with new FFOF. and then top with bat guano for bloom. It think that will pull them out quickly. I would cut off those lousy leaves and start over with the same plants. make sense?

I do think they need more food. I personally would not though clip the leaves--I like to let them drop on their own.

I am kinda over keeping near dead leaves on the plant. I have a sneaky suspicion they may drain energy from the plant. That is just my thoughts on all plants not just pot. I understand that is not what we learn from marijuana gurus.. I understand their theory and have always gone by that until this year... I am just rebel I guess.

Can you get us some more pics of the plants affected(especially the most recent), and then some overall pics so that we can see the full plants from a little distance if possible. Sometimes a close up shot can fool ya about what ya see.

Thanks everyone. Rose, what do you mean start over with the same plants? And is it safe to repot during flower?

I'll get more pics tonight after work, Hushpuppy.

I meant if it isn't too far into flower repot it in the 5 gallon smart pots with new ffof. And i would take of the ugly leaves, but science says not to.lol

Latest posts

Back