Old Fogeys first ever legal grow journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
recent pic. i think overcrowding has made the stems weak. i super cropped a couple of the stretchy ones yesterday and it was super easy compared to my past grows. i swapped out a stick type oscillating fan for a hanging oscillating fan. not sure it is a good swap but it gives them a little more floor space. i also have been holding back CaMg. maybe that is where my stem weakness is coming from. i am not very scientific methodish here. changed too many things to be sure what is making the differences. i just know i have different plant types now. i am going to have to get some stakes tomorrow to help direct the branches where i need them to be. i have also seen some pistils starting to appear on the green crack and amnesia which were feminized anyway so no 'oh my gosh' moment. sunday more water and some light bloom nutes.

View attachment IMG_2822.jpg

View attachment IMG_2823.jpg

View attachment IMG_2824.jpg

View attachment IMG_2825.jpg

i think i have a couple of male satori plants. anyone ever have luck flowering them away from the girls and gathering pollen? i am not planning on breeding as that is over my head at this point but if i can grab some pollen and it can be shared, i'd be happy to share with anyone who would like some. the males are quite a bit taller than females and they are the ones that smell like cat urine.

View attachment IMG_2843[1].jpg

View attachment IMG_2846[1].jpg

Healthy looking but also looks like you have a couple of boys.

2 males out of 5 satori regs that I sprouted. I can live with that.

OF if you gonna try to flower the male and collect pollen, it fosure needs to be in another building and you will need to be very clean. If you mess with the male you change clothes and shower. Not hard to flower out and collect pollen. Pollen keeps good for around 6 months. Since you have a male, they go fast so you many be able to pollinate a few buds for some free seeds....no need to buy them when you can make them. pretty easy to just gently brush a bit on a few sites and then your set. Peace

The fogey compound does not have multiple buildings. Probably a project for another time. Thanks for the info, Kraven. I reached out to one grower on here that is local to see if he is interested in some males. Also have a friend I went to school with and will ask him if the member here is not interested. I hate to kill stuff but the bright side is I will have more room in the tent...

Nice even canopy you have there. Is that 5 including the 2 males in the tent? If so you should do well with 3 girls in there. I'm interested in those satori, been seeing a lot of talk about them all over this site. Good luck. Like the fabric pots too, I want to try the fabric pots sometime.

thanks tlc and 400.

i have not killed the males yet, tlc. probably today.

i have 3 satori females left, 400. the tent will still be beyond capacity with 8 plants total. not very good planning on my part. i have used the fabric pots since i started growing. i like them. seem to work well for me.

off to do some trimming...

so this grow i have what for me is an incredible amount of stretch. i have always had noce compact plants. i am thinking it is the tent i have them in. my old tent is 4 feet tall. this one is 7. i am thinking they feel the room to grow into and they go for it. or it may be the distance to the light also. the new led is a lot further away than i would have my t5's. i am thinking i might try to veg and pre-flower in the short tent with t5's then switch to the tall tent with my led for my next grow. or maybe i will forget about this thought when the time comes. i can't remember squat anymore...

Excellent job of pruning and shaping. Thats exactly how I would have done it, very nice job....now lets see what changes this grow ;)

thanks for the words of encouragement, kraven. they look naked. and angry with me...

kinda like i used to look at my mom after she'd cut my hair down to buzz cut level...

Your gonna freak out how fast they bush back up.....Flower day 20 it will look like you hardly touched them, but by then the magic already happened ;)

the worrywart in me is concerned about the stretch. i need to try to get my light a bit higher i think. hopefully they put the energy that was going towards the stretch into geting bushy. changed from my previous grows - t5 to led, 4 ft tent to 7 foot tent, new strains, new fans, new pots, and new watering method so being in unfamiliar territory is expected. i am just a sky-is-falling personality. fortunately, i enjoy laughing at myself so if i seem like i am really freaking out and depressed, i am actually doing ok. eeyore was my favorite pooh character. so thanks for the positive vibes and the awesome help, kraven.

bought some stakes today. going to even out the canopy tonight after lights on by staking branches into place. i still think i need to get rid of a plant or two in addition to the males. undecided at this point but i am sure 6 in a 3x3 tent is a lot better than 8 which is also a lot better than 10...

I broke 9 or 10 necks in flower today, that stops them from growing taller .....them girls are tough and like to be roughed up a bit. Hop over to my thread I just posted them for you to see.....got to keep everyone the same height. Peace

My satori always stretch like crazy. Its all the sativa in her.

I just get tired of them stretching so I break them over to keep an even canopy. In a day or two they are doing fine and not getting taller. I think super cropping is done in a similar fashion but used to increase yield. I have never tried or really know much about that method. I find people try to do to much stuff to their plants imho. Feed them right, trim them to be good producers and then pretty much get outa the way...except for minor course corrections as needed.

Latest posts

Back