Ph Question - Tap water is 8.9 -Clackimus Coots Organic Soil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HazePhase

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I had a quick question and I was hoping to get some help from some experienced individuals.

I was told with my soil I don't need to keep adjusting my PH.
(Clackimus Coots Organic Soil but with added dolomite lime)

I was adjusting it down with Lemon juice to 6.5 but I just watered in my Coots Organic soil with dolomite lime and my water was 8.9 - 9.1 PH tap water.
Is that going to be an issue?
Would I be better lowering the PH with something other than organic lemon juice?
Any other tips or tricks?

On week two since breaking through ground.
Thanks Everyone

That seems awfully high for tap water--how are you testing it?

That seems awfully high for tap water--how are you testing it?

I have Dr. Meter PH tester - calibrated before use.

I am going to buy some Citric Acid to adjust the ph down.
I was using organic lemon but people said to get Citric Acid.

I would have that water tested since that high of pH is unusual for tap water. You need to see what's in it. It may be a non issue if it is only trace elements causing the pH to go high. The soil and microbes can handle it if it is small trace elements, and they can readjust it down themselves. However, if there is something heavy in that water, it could cause problems and even microbe death if its too much. Losing the microbes in organic soil will starve the plants.

If nothing else, you can buy Distilled Water from your local Grocery Store.
That's how I water. The PH is a constant 6.0 PH. My tap water is 8.9 PH and was killing my plants. Took me a little time to figure that out, but it did cost me some great genetics. Stupid me.

But my Distilled Water is fine! I don't ever mess with adjusting the PH anymore. Best of luck!

You do have to be careful using distilled or RO water as these have been stripped of everything but H2O. If your soil/nutrients are lacking some of the natural elements in "natural" water, you will have to account for that. Its not a big problem if you remember to figure for it.

Well I have a report about my tap water and whats it in but I am not good at looking at that and knowing what is good and what isn't.

I don't know what to do and I've been using it with no issues that I notice however I might start adjusting ahead of time with citric acid

I couldn't see anything:confused2:

Latest posts

Back