Making my day

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMOKINGRANPA

Reaction score
Making my day

I have come to a very pleasant way of moving through my retirement days. I know all our days differ but here is my ideal day (for now.) It may very well change tomorrow but what stays the same?

So I was wondering what strains others like and for what different effects?

I start my day with two droppers of tincture in my coffee. It is made with everclear and blue dream buds. This seems to give me that nice wake up kick with no apparent headiness or high, later in the day I love to go to the pipe with blue dream, great energy but very clear head and I love the relaxed feeling on the back side. Late in the afternoon I am inclined to go for the fruit punch, for me this is my meditative time and fruit punch answers the call. After dinner I like to relax with the water bong and some Critical kush.

So my ulterior motive to this thread is to find more good strains to continue making my day.

Bon appe’tit :vap_smiley::icon_smile:

SG

Give bodhi's Sunshine Daydream a go.....been a staple here for a long while. Good for wake and bake or night time, it hits you how you want it so to speak.

My day starts with sativa's: satori, lemon haze, blue dream, cindy...

Around dinner time I switch to a hybrid, like papaya or

At night, i like LA confidential, a good indica.

I wouldn't mind hanging with you for a day grandpa, you sound like you have a very nice schedule... enjoy... fun thread.

Like Rosebud, I start the day with sativas, my favorite still being Satori. I switch to a hybrid--doesn't much matter what strain--in the evening and something indica preferably with CBDs before bedtime. I have some Shark Shock CBD that I am really liking for nighttime. I also made some CBD cookies for nighttime.

Went to the dispensary yesterday (I love being able to do this!) and picked up some sativa strains--Purple Haze (can't you just hear Jimi?) and Cinex (Cindy x Vortex). Also picked up a bit of Harlequin, Harlequin vape liquid, a few AC/DC (1.9% THC, 14.4% CBD) pre-rolls, and some Cinex shatter to make some Cinex vape liquid. The vape pens are so nice and convenient for when you are active and I have been wanting a sat vape.

Love being retired. I just wish I had the energy that I had even a few years ago. The rest periods are getting longer than the work periods. Beautiful day here. I love spring.

The older I get, the more I am getting into CBDs. Ordered some Green Crack CBD seeds for a daytime CBD. Also ordered some Candida seeds--Harlequin x AC/DC. These have virtually no THC and up to 20% CBD.

Whatever your pleasure, may you always be able to imbibe your favorite.

cindex, yeah that sounds nice THG. love the parents :)

apollo 11 for me.
all day long..

if you're out and up; it'll highten you and have ya smiling.
if your tired and down; it'll crash you. hard.

smoke it before heading out choring, and before bed.. figure that one out
..such weird pot like that. energizing.. just don't let your arse hit the couch ;)

had it for like 6 years. don't ever see it leaving my stable (even throws a few late nans, but i don't even care :D ..sadly that keeps me from doing any pollen chucking with her)

Wow Kaotik, nice to see you btw, I need to try some of your favorite apollo 11. Do you think it is available anywhere? Sounds like a do all strain.. awesomeness.

Being an uncivilized heathen in a prohibition state I don't have the sophisticated palate some U guys got !--
I'm happy that I grow what I need these days !-- Mostly 60 day or so Hybrids !-- I start the day with whatever is left in the pipe if it's not empty !-- Coffee and Caps first thing in the morning !-- I had that a major head and neck injury so I have some pain and anger management problems sometimes !-- The pipe is almost always within reach and I hit it when I want !-- I don't know enough about varieties to know which would help best !-- I crank out the the 60 day hybrids !-- I got some fine stuff came right out MP !-- Bout to run a cycle of Rose's Nurse Larry !-- She good medicine !

Like I said I don't know alot about varieties but dis right cheer will light U up ---any time of the day ! --It's out the house of Umbra right here at MP !--

- GDP -x- BPU !-- She a very fragrant and tasty blueberry !

View attachment 20170511_115746-1.jpg

Wow Kaotik, nice to see you btw, I need to try some of your favorite apollo 11. Do you think it is available anywhere? Sounds like a do all strain.. awesomeness.

I had A11 and the pm got it. I do have blowfish and it might be better.

What could be wrong with a plant called blowfish. lol... i will do some reading, thank you Umbra.

Wow lots of varieties out there.
We are now legal up here but still no outlets to buy. Just trying to get an idea about next group of seeds to look for.
I have a blue dream and a ck in the tent flowering away, I am at a point of growing just 2 or 3 plants at a time. gives me just enough to do but leaves me free enough to enjoy my vegetable gardening as well.
I hear a lot about satori, definitely on my list for future grows and back a bit a friend gave me some green crack which was fantastic.
My problem (or not) is after I move into a little more on the indica side I just become nothing more than the observer of life around me, quite content to just watch the grass grow.
Life is as good as we want it. I been hanging with a lot of you on the other side of the internet watching learning and totally enjoying it. Well nothing much going on today so I think i'll do banana bread (hybirdized) with my eggs this AM.

I grew a bunch of Apollo 11 back in the days when Overgrow and Heaven's Stairway were still around. Back then, Joey Weed was the breeder I got both my Cindy and Apollo seeds from. When he disappeared from the scene was when I discovered Satori. I needed something to replace the uppity C99 and Satori did the trick.

Oh Keef, I lived in a state as bad as Texas (maybe worse) until last year--knowing strains and having a "sophisticated palate" has nothing to do with being in a legal or unlegal state. It has to do with becoming familiar with different strains and their attributes and growing what you like.

Granpa, I also have problems with anything too indica making me unmotivated...so I simply stay away from them during the day. That's the main reason I am going to try the Green Crack CBD. Want something daytime that will help take away the owwies.

Thanks THG, My problem was not having the different varieties and or not knowing enough to tell the difference until I was assaulted by the couch and their I would stay.
Now I am even starting to taste and smell the different strains, just like wine but much more fun.
I was wondering what UMBRA's box of choc tastes like???
And Keef, whats that variety you have going?? Seems like from what I read you have concocted some nice strains???
Oh well back to the vaporizer and watch grass grow, good day for it.
Is that A11 available as seed?

I smoke Thai all day and Afghani kush at night. I let the kush go mostly amber and if you smoke it when you are tired you may wind up sleeping on the couch. I suffer from PTSD really bad and thats about the only way I can sleep.

It's the Apollo 11 "Genius" pheno of Bodhi's SG. It was a cut only strain I ran from his stock. It is still around, just not so easy to find the real deal. Green Dot Labs just crossed a (Lemon Thai x Apollo 11 Genius Pheno) and are calling it Genius Thai. I have never seen it in seed form but I know Bohdi did release it so it's out there somewhere.

Here is a description of Bodhi's A11....

Bodhi Seeds Apollo 11 genius pheno f3
Apollo 11 genius characteristics are psychedelic. Some people even say this is the closest they have ever gotten to the Holy Grail. It seems like c99 has gotten a lot of attention recently... and don’t get him wrong, Bodhi loves c99 for its big yields of zippy Melony buds. With beautiful frosty extra-terrestrial buds, peach hairs, and the aroma of pineapple cheetos. Bodhi made these originally for himself *to cross into the genius and a13 clones, but it’s such an amazing plant he decided to get these out asap, share the love, and hope you get as much enjoyment from her as he has. These marijuana seeds were made in an organic biodynamic growing environment with the utmost care, respect, meditation, and good vibes, using the best parental selections from a small but amazing.

Yup sounds like Bohdi's description alright.......good karma there fosure.

When I mentioned blowfish...I must have been high or something. Polar opposite of A11. Must have been thinking moonwalk or space mountain or Apollo 710

True c99 from Brothers Grimm is way to racy for me, I grew the "Grail" cut for a year and never could quite get used to the raciness.....give me a hard hitting indy any day ;)

True c99 from Brothers Grimm is way to racy for me, I grew the "Grail" cut for a year and never could quite get used to the raciness.....give me a hard hitting indy any day ;)

I feel you. I took a few test nugs from a couple gals and one was great but the other, while pretty potent, had that whole heart racing effect that I can't stand. One hit and Nappy Roots instantly popped in my head, "Aw naw hell naw!"

Latest posts

Back