Desert Outdoor grow!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

love+monkey

Reaction score
I started these plants about 3 1\2 to 4 weeks ago. All seeds were bagseed from good bud I've had. I'm going to use Fox Farm Grow big for veg nute. I am currently doing LST on 3 plants.

2005_0427updates0001.JPG

2005_0427updates0002.JPG

2005_0427updates0003.JPG

2005_0427updates0004.JPG

2005_0427updates0005.JPG

2005_0427updates0006.JPG

2005_0427updates0007.JPG

2005_0427updates0008.JPG

2005_0427updates0009.JPG

2005_0427updates0010.JPG

Looking good love+monkey. Welcome to the forum. I just picked up the new High Times and there was a dude doing LST on 1 plant outside and got 3 1/2 pounds off of one plant. Holy crap. Hope you can do the same. Good luck to you on the rest of your grow.

thanx dude.i've read your responses to my bro AZshwagg's questions n it seems like you know what your doing. so hopefull you'll be able to answer my questions in the future..

that shit worked wonders for my plants.the leaves have stretched more outwards and have gotten alot bigger.topping the plant is still a maybe seeing how i've never attempted that teq.Any suggestions

hey i was wondering wat affect would ammonium sulfate(20-0-0) have on one of the plants?

Im not 100% but i think that a high concentration of any fert for plants at one time is too much you should look into organics or ferts premixed with all 3 NPK.

for outdoor plants, is it possiable to take one of my bro's potted plants and take them inside to force flower them? As long as it alertnateing nodes it should be fine, right?

AZ..Sure you can, but you will be exposing your ID environment to OD pests, which can raise problems.

would i get more of a good harvest this way....or would i have more of a better harvest keeping them outdoors....keep in mind this is AZ :D

Yeild will definately be larger OD, "El'naturel", under the giant halide in the sky.

LOL Thats funny, "El' natural"
Hick said:
Yeild will definately be larger OD, "El'naturel", under the giant halide in the sky.

How hot is it in your part of the desert? I'm in the Vegas area, and while I have no problems right now keeping my pots cool enough by wrapping them with layers of wet newspaper, and laying layers of wet newspaper over the top of the soil, soon that will not be enough to protect them. Broadleaf anything burns up to a crisp in the desert. Right now, I put mine under a shadecloth tent mid-day, then spritz them with water every hour. Or are you in high desert country?

One more thought....Hick mentioned watching out for bugs, and I just wanted to share my experience since I have been putting my plants outdoors each sunny day since February.

People in arid desert climes don't seem to have quite as much trouble with bugs outside as others do who live in climates with more humidity. We don't have mosquitoes, for the most part, nor fleas--both good things, in my book.

But we do have apids, and they seem to thrive in this climate. Organic Safer Soap works well for a week or so, but best is to get ladybugs, in my opinion. Ladybugs love aphids and mites (haven't seen any mites here yet, but doesn't mean they aren't around). Ladybugs are inexpensive, and in this part of the country, you can buy them at any nursery. Or, you can order them online year round in several places. Ladybugs are fantastic, and they have kept my plants bug free.

Here is a picture of my current plants outside in veg stage--you can see the leaves are healthy, no holes, no black spots, no white spots, no bugs! Except ladybugs.

I have also found that acclimating the plants daily to desert heat helps immensely. If you can build a moveable shade tent (pvc pipe and shadecloth--simple and fast), you can keep them out of the hottest part of the afternoon sun, yet still able to get some good quality light and UVB.
You can also spritz the plants hourly under the shade tent, and that will help hydrate them. If you cover the pot soil with wet newspapers, that will help too.

GOOD LUCK!

WhichToKill.jpg

love+monkey said:
I started these plants about 3 1\2 to 4 weeks ago. All seeds were bagseed from good bud I've had. I'm going to use Fox Farm Grow big for veg nute. I am currently doing LST on 3 plants.

nice

Latest posts

Back