very late start outside, moved inside, need help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fettialfredo

Reaction score
Let me start this by saying i am a complete beginner so bear with me.
ok, about 1 1/2 - 2 months ago(beginning/mid Aug.), i threw a few seeds in a pot outside on my back deck, just for shits and giggles, and to my suprise a few days later, about 9 plants sprouted up. i was happy i got any type of growth and didnt wanna take the risk of killing them so i left them outside, watering them regularly, letting nature do the rest. They get a good amount of light so i figured at least 1 of them will strive.
after about a month, i went outside to find that the squirrels were digging in the pot, ruining 4 plants. i angryly chased them away and vowed never to let them murder any more of my plants. They have yet to..Thanks to them, Now im down to 5 plants.
That's a bit of background info, my main reason for posting is: i noticed in the past few days no real growth with any of the remaining 5 plants outside, so i literally moved them inside about 1 hour ago under the only light i have available for this use right now (75w reg house lightbulb). I know it was late to start growth outdoors, but i really didnt expect anything to happen. Now that it did, it would be a shame to let these plants die if they can possibly be salvaged. I need help. Is it too late to switch from outdoor to indoor? what should i do? They are all about the same size (5-8 or 9in each). I just wanna know that this isn't a complete waste of time. could possibly get SOMETHING out of this? please guide me "for dummies" status haha

HI I am new to this too.If I were you I would get some real lighting.MH/and or hps produces alot better and bigger yields from what I understand..Cfl's will work if you can't get better.I would also seperate the plants into their own pots if they are not already.What size area are you growing in?Make sure you didn't bring any bugs in with the plants they can be a big problem.Pictures of your plants and setup will help out tremendously.

Since its just for fun, me personally, would pick 1 or two plants (girls), clean out a closet, and get to work. Check out the lighting section, indoor growing section, and read up on nutes.

It is not to late to drag 'em in. Post some pics. Read allot. Have some fun. You have a bit (month) before you really need to up the lighting and care involved before it really gets away from you.

Your start is the same as mine, I have learned allot here.

Latest posts

Back