First time grower using ebb and grow system

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that light not a little close for a led?
Sorry if it's a stoopid question I know nothing about led!

that is a floro not an led and that sir is not a stupid question if you follow my story lol
I do have an led that is not getting used till flower and it will be all the way at the top.
I have 10 or 11 cfl's of various wattages but all daylight, and 250 watt floro, above the floro is the 600 hps but not on

Ahah I see , I thought you had already set up the led. Nice clean set up you have. When you planing on flipping? And installing led?

I have a second tent that will house 2 600 watt hps, and the led. I think i am not going to use the mh, i dont know i may try it again. I just plopped 4 clones so once they start getting some growth ill move them 5 to the other tent and start 5 more The bushy one i want to use as a mother and get some clones going. So probably 2-3 weeks ill throw them in 12/12

Well my goal is actually to get perpetual going so I never need to buy it again. I am also learning so I can help sick people grow their own

If you don't have a fan blowing in there, you need to get one to keep the air moving so the plants don't get hot with all those lights. I try to keep at least on small fan on the floor to push the cooler, fresher air up to the plants and blow the warmer, oxygen filled air up and away from the plants.

I do have some fans I will fire them up and get a breeze going

Oh yeah, they are looking much better. It looks like their health has bounced right back. :)
There is still a little bit of Mag deficiency showing in the last plant (the leaves have a taco shell fold to them, which is an early sign in some plants of mag def). But if you continue to give them the calmag like we discussed, that will go away and the leaves will flatten out. :)

That could have also been too close to the cfl i moved the lights up now, next pics in a day or 2

I am 30 days in I am thinking about timing the flip to have some bud for christmas/new year, I want to wait till o hallows eve but i think that will put me past new years on harvest, so now I may be thinking of flipping them on the 16th. What does everything think?

Yea i think its a good idea, im gonna start taking clones , and get them going.

Typically, they are ok to flip when they get to 6-8wks old. But it is best to watch the top growth and when you see the branches begin to alternate (rather than growing out in pairs where each branch is growing on the opposite side of the stem) then they have reached sexual maturity and are ok to flower.

Typically, they are ok to flip when they get to 6-8wks old. But it is best to watch the top growth and when you see the branches begin to alternate (rather than growing out in pairs where each branch is growing on the opposite side of the stem) then they have reached sexual maturity and are ok to flower.
is that 6-8 weeks from seedling pop or from first actual set of leaves? I am searching for pictures of sexual maturity since i have only recently heard of it

That would be from the day that the seedling breaks the soil. There can be a little variation to that depending on the health of the plant from germ to flip, and depending on the strain. Typically the Sativa dominants will take longer to do everything.

I did a little picture to illustrate the difference in maturity with alternating branches and immaturity with non alternating branches. please forgive my crude pictures :)

View attachment plant maturity.jpg

Latest posts

Back