Growing Marijuana Forum

Buds of the Month: Aggie007 with Lemon Tree and Ston-loc with I Cookies
Go Back   Marijuana Growing Forum > Marijuana Cultivation > DIY Forum / Technical Articles
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Search New Posts Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2017, 12:14 AM   #161
screwdriver
Cleanest Member

screwdriver screwdriver screwdriver screwdriver screwdriver screwdriver screwdriver screwdriver screwdriver screwdriver screwdriver

All lit up.
Attached Images

screwdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 12:25 AM   #162
screwdriver
Cleanest Member

screwdriver screwdriver screwdriver screwdriver screwdriver screwdriver screwdriver screwdriver screwdriver screwdriver screwdriver

I just have the vent laying over the top of the fan. I'm printing an adapter but it ain't done yet. And a peek thru the window.
Attached Images

Old 11-05-2017, 07:21 PM   #163
screwdriver
Cleanest Member

This is how the LED is powered. With the printed adapter in place.
Attached Images

Old 11-06-2017, 06:13 AM   #164
bombbudpuffa
Sweet Cheeba Chiefa

bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa

Nice build!

bombbudpuffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 12:04 AM   #165
bombbudpuffa
Sweet Cheeba Chiefa

bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa bombbudpuffa

Here's my latest screwdriver. I'm using 2 citezen clu048 cob chips, 1 4000k and 1 3500k. Theyre being driven at 600ma and pulling a lil under 45w from the wall, 44.2w to be exact. They're so bright I can't believe I wasted so much time with the lil 3w chips.
Attached Images

Old 11-12-2017, 08:01 PM   #166
screwdriver
Cleanest Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombbudpuffa View Post
They're so bright I can't believe I wasted so much time with the lil 3w chips.
I agree. But the little ones are fun to play with.
Old 11-13-2017, 01:22 AM   #167
bombbudpuffa
Sweet Cheeba Chiefa

Quote:
Originally Posted by screwdriver View Post
I agree. But the little ones are fun to play with.
Right now on cobkits.com you can buy the citizen clu048 chips for $9-11 each. They're regularly $20+ and kind of fun to play with themselves. I'm going to build another just as soon as my other components arrive.

Old 11-20-2017, 06:59 AM   #168
bombbudpuffa
Sweet Cheeba Chiefa

Here's a lil light I threw together using a cheap Chinese 20w cob with an integrated driver. Just soldered a 110v ac plug to it, mounted it to a heat sink and it's done. Pulling a lil over 12w from the wall.
Attached Images

Old 11-24-2017, 02:45 PM   #169
screwdriver
Cleanest Member

I like the idea of the integrated driver, but it does keep all the heat dissipation at the light. Did you get a reflector or lens for it? I have a 60 degree on my full spectrum and a 120 degree on a red led. Still debating if a lens is necessary, but it looks cool.
Old 11-24-2017, 07:59 PM   #170
bombbudpuffa
Sweet Cheeba Chiefa

Quote:
I like the idea of the integrated driver, but it does keep all the heat dissipation at the light. Did you get a reflector or lens for it? I have a 60 degree on my full spectrum and a 120 degree on a red led. Still debating if a lens is necessary, but it looks cool.
It's just like any other chip that I've played with. It needs a heat sink. No I didn't buy any reflectors. I like the cobs without refkectors. Coverage is better. Here's one I built using lenses but I took the lenses off.
Attached Images

Old 12-03-2017, 11:26 PM   #171
bombbudpuffa
Sweet Cheeba Chiefa

Latest build. 3 citizen clu048 1212 chips running at 1050ma on a dimmable inventronics driver. Pulling 30w from the wall fully dim and 140w from the wall turned up 100%. Using three active heatsinks driven in line by some lil 12v drivers.
Attached Images

Old 12-08-2017, 02:09 AM   #172
screwdriver
Cleanest Member

I saw this along time ago but finally made one for my lights. It needs alot of improvements but I'll still be able to look at the spectrum. Simple design off the internet. I cut out some pieces of wood to make a box. Painted the interior flat black. Theres a divider mounted at about a 30 degree angle with a diffraction gradient placed over a window in the divider. A USB camera looking through the slide and window to the slit. A small slit cut into the front panel where the light enters.
Attached Images

Old 12-08-2017, 02:12 AM   #173
screwdriver
Cleanest Member

This is the spectrum of an old CFL I used to calibrate the spectrometer. I calibrated the software graph by dragging a couple of pointers to the correct peaks. One peak is 436nm, that corresponds to the Mercury used in the bulbs. The second peak is 546nm, also mercury. Theres no pointer but there is also a mercury peak about 692nm. In my bulb that peak is about 687nm.
Attached Images

Old 12-08-2017, 02:14 AM   #174
screwdriver
Cleanest Member

Heres a uv bulb spectrum, you can see the 436nm peak, slightly off at 437nm and the other at 694nm. Im too lazy to look up what gases cause the other peaks.
Attached Images

Old 12-08-2017, 04:23 AM   #175
bombbudpuffa
Sweet Cheeba Chiefa

Man, I wish I understood what you were talking about.

Old 12-08-2017, 03:55 PM   #176
screwdriver
Cleanest Member

Just looking at the spectrums of some bulbs that are laying around the house. I really want to see the spectrum of the "Full Spectrum" LED but haven't got that far in testing. It would also be nice to see the spectrum shape of the other LED colors.
Old 12-08-2017, 06:13 PM   #177
bombbudpuffa
Sweet Cheeba Chiefa

Quote:
Just looking at the spectrums of some bulbs that are laying around the house. I really want to see the spectrum of the "Full Spectrum" LED but haven't got that far in testing. It would also be nice to see the spectrum shape of the other LED colors.
Yea, I get what your testing for. I'm just not getting how you're doing it. Like the lil box thing. What's that program?

Old 12-08-2017, 07:42 PM   #178
screwdriver
Cleanest Member

I just ripped this off the internet, the box is used to shield all the light except a little tiny sliver that goes thru the slit. The slit width is important in the future but not for now. The distance of the box slit to camera is also important for future calculations, may be beyond me. For now, I want the wavelength peaks. The intensity of a particular wavelength is for the future, baby steps.
The software is Theremino. A diy place on the internet. Just having phun with photons..
The diffraction gradient splits the light into its rainbow of components with magic.
Old 12-08-2017, 08:05 PM   #179
bombbudpuffa
Sweet Cheeba Chiefa

Quote:
I just ripped this off the internet, the box is used to shield all the light except a little tiny sliver that goes thru the slit. The slit width is important in the future but not for now. The distance of the box slit to camera is also important for future calculations, may be beyond me. For now, I want the wavelength peaks. The intensity of a particular wavelength is for the future, baby steps.
The software is Theremino. A diy place on the internet. Just having phun with photons..
The diffraction gradient splits the light into its rainbow of components with magic.
Gotcha! Any links to the diy? I like magic...especially if it makes pretty lights.

Old 12-08-2017, 08:54 PM   #180
screwdriver
Cleanest Member

Theremino.com
The spectrometer software is under the automation link. There is also a pdf showing how to make the box. I dont think there is any dimensions to the box so I just made it like the pictures. It could use improvements but I just wanted it done. Now I can tweek here or there to improve.