Baby bath problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRGnzo

Reaction score
What is best ph and temp for baby bath I can't get them to take and has never been problem before any info would really help.keeping ph at 5.4 to 5.8 haven't been using nutes just water....

View attachment image.jpg

Last edited:
I would clean the cloner. Looks like a lot of build up on it.

Quit pHing your cloning water unless it is way out of whack. PH is not an issue when you are cloning unless it is way off--correct pH is necessary for nutrient uptake, not cloning. If you are using tap water, make sure that you have let it sit out so any chlorine can dissipate. The water temp and ambient rooms temps are more important. I like to keep the water/room around 75 degrees. You may also need a humidity dome. I live in a very arid place and I find that I have to mist and use a dome or they dry out too much before they root.

You may also want to clip the leaves--you are trying to grow roots and you simply do not need as much leaf material. When I take clones with larger leaves, I clip them about 1/2 way down. I would also block the holes that you are not using, light will cause algae to grow. Too much light can also slow root development. Clones need very little light. Generally a small CFL will be enough. If you are using tap water, you may want to have it checked. If it has a lot of dissolved solids in it, that could be slowing rooting. Also, some strains just root slower than others. I have a Larry OG cross that I swear took 4 weeks to just start to get roots. So, don't give up too soon. They look healthy and viable.

This is just my method but I keep my water(and air) at a constant 78-80f and pH around 6.0-6.5. I also use a couple other tricks to help them root a little faster. I snip off all but the top 2 sets of leaves, and if the lower set is large, I cut them so that the fronds are only half their original length. I also reduce the amount of lighting so that I am only getting about 5000 lumens in a 8-10sqft space. These things help the cuttings to "pause" the veg growth function and allow the rooting hormones to take over. I also believe in using cloning gel and/or cloning liquid in my cloner to give them extra rooting hormones to jump start them.

temps, humidity and enough bubbling is necessary. I have dropped the bubbler years back after i compared many times success rates between bubbler and oasis cubes cloning. it was always very similar in success, climate condition is the main factor, and it is much simpler to just put them in cubes under a dome, it will only require a little misting every day to keep cubes moist.

Latest posts

Back