bummer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skullcandy

Reaction score
I had to toss out my plant todayit had grown into a male it was female then it got a root fungis so i chopped the roots of two days later no more hairs it had seeds it was like four weeks in flower to .i am wondering if the cutting of the roots stresst the plant so much she turned male . either way i am out of bud and nothing on the way . and i just had to share this sad story

Oh man -thats rough news. Best of luck and hope you are back on your feet again soon skullcandy !

i feel the same way i just piched 2 plants due to my stupity i put them in mgrow they were growing pretty good but from what you all told me i should have not done this so im out of the good seeds i had la confidensial white rhino i had 3 more but i guess the shock killed them o well live and learn im not going to bum out over spilled milk but i difd learn one thing thanks to all you guys,right now its not so cool to start again so my target date will be dec that way i will be in another house and hopefully things will die down plus im a little paranoid i dont want to go back to prison over a few plants its just not worth it to me,ill just stay here and learn and contrubute as much as i can 8

Sorry skull candy and 8.

That can be heartbreaking when bad stuff like hermies and mites, and all the stuff that can go wrong does go wrong. 8, you are right, in my opinion going to prison for this plant isn't worth it.

skullcandy, sounds like you learned some valuable lessons this grow. green mojo for the next.

Better luck to you both next time.

Unless you had other plants in there, you could have left the hermy plants and at least ended up with some smoke. I doubt that trimming the roots would have done this....but why did you trim the roots?

As a side note for beginners, plants do not turn from female to male. What actually happens is that when stressed, some female plants can sprout male parts and self-pollinate. These seeds are not good or desirable and should be thrown away if this happens. However, the bud should still produce some smokeable bud, it just won't be as strong or as plentiful.

Thank you rosebud your an inspiration,youve given me hope for my next grow because in my opione this is in my blood and i wont stop no matter what its just a matter of time the right time,thanks again 8

goddess i never new that thats amazing she should have done what you said but unfornitually she did not no oh well i least i no now its something i'll tock back in my braqin and someday i might come into that problem thanks 888

Unless you had other plants in there, you could have left the hermy plants and at least ended up with some smoke. I doubt that trimming the roots would have done this....but why did you trim the roots?

As a side note for beginners, plants do not turn from female to male. What actually happens is that when stressed, some female plants can sprout male parts and self-pollinate. These seeds are not good or desirable and should be thrown away if this happens. However, the bud should still produce some smokeable bud, it just won't be as strong or as plentiful.

i cut almost all the roots off all the way up to the the bottom of the lid basket that the plant was in , i trimmed them cause most had turned beige and i could pull them off with my fingers .

i do believe i will be taking better care with the next one i am thinking a winter grow , thanks everyone for your comments i was felling upset about it and had i know i could have smoked it i would have let it grow

Latest posts

Back